U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 01:08 PM

12 posts, read 16,408 times

Advertisements

Hi Ria, I would like to ask you a very big favour wether you would ring the number you gave me for S S Sweet in Amstelveen myself and my dads friend have both rung and spoken to a lady but I dont know if she understands us.I will understand if you do not want to, thankyou Hayley
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2010, 08:28 AM

8 posts, read 10,319 times
Hello Hayley,

I just tried, but got an answeringmachine, so I will try again after Christmas.

I wish you a merry christmas and a happy and healthy new year and hope your search will be successfull in 2011.

Greetings,
Ria

Old 12-24-2010, 03:02 PM

Default looking for my dad

Hi Ria, thank you very much for trying for me, maybe it will go on tv on the missing programme tonight, I hope you have a lovely xmas and new year too and thanks once again for all your help. Love Hayley

Old 12-27-2010, 12:40 PM

8 posts, read 10,319 times
Hi Hayley,

I spoke tot the lady in Amstelveen, but she was the S.S. Sweet from the phonebook herself. Her family came from Suriname. She told that an S.S. Sweet in the Hague is also family of her, so it's no use trying that. She didn't recognize the name of your father. I'm sorry.

The missing persons programs on tv stopped because of the Christmas holidays, they will start again about half january.

Greetings,
Ria

Old 12-27-2010, 11:16 PM

59 posts, read 143,577 times
Have you tried The Salvation Army? Many people don't know that they can help search for missing family members...info here:
The official Salvation Army USA: Find information on social services, clothing donation, furniture donations, mission, disaster relief efforts, thrift and family stores, donations pickup program, worship centers and community programs.: Missing Perso (http://www1.usw.salvationarmy.org/usw/www_usn20.nsf/vw-sublinks/E6BE264AE27C112D8825770B00540B8F?openDocument - broken link)

http://www.national.use-salvationarm...ersonsForm.pdf

From their webpage:

The Salvation Army Missing Persons program is a unique international social service. Its purpose is to help facilitate successful reunions between family members who have lost contact with each other.

Searches are conducted utilizing a variety of methods, including government offices, credit institutions, social service agencies and law-enforcement personnel. The Salvation Army is instrumental in re-uniting thousands of families each year. The Missing Persons office receives an average of 2,000 inquiries; opens approximately 600 new cases and locates an average of 350 people annually.

Thinking About Starting a Search?
First, download and complete the inquiry form. If you have any questions you may call (800) 315-7699 (East Coast), (800) 698-7728 (West Coast) or email Betty_Anderson@use.salvationarmy.org.

Good luck to you!

Old 12-28-2010, 07:08 AM

Default looking for my dad

Hi I tried the Salvation Army in 2006 and they had no luck but I think maybe they just tried in the UK, I will try again if I dont get any results from tv programme. Thankyou Hayley

Old 12-28-2010, 07:17 AM

Thanks Ria, I didnt think it would be my dad, he will probably have a mobile phone not a land line, it is very difficult when someone is missing in another country, especially when you dont speak the language. I hope you have enjoyed your xmas an I wish you a very Happy New Year Hayley

Old 12-29-2010, 07:16 AM

10,713 posts, read 21,365,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayley Sweet View Post
Hi my name is Hayley and I'm trying to find my dad Simon Stewart Sweet 50 yrs old. I live in the UK, my dad went to work in the Netherlands in 1999, we lost contact in 2004 and no one has seen or heard from him since, he could be anywhere, I just want to know he is safe and well.
Have you tried facebook?
I did a search for Simon Sweet then Stewart Sweet - both get hits.
I don't know if the Netherlands has their own facebook type site; if so, check there.

Good luck

Old 12-29-2010, 12:08 PM

Yeah tried all the obvious sites, no luck, thank you though.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:14 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,120,472 times
Haley, good luck to you. I admire your tenacity and it seems like you are trying everything. Good for you !

As a side note, I had forgotten about the Salvation Army, my favority charity, in searching for people in other countries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search