Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2010, 06:03 PM

2,063 posts, read 7,784,754 times

Advertisements

I spotted this in the local paper and thought immediately of all the people here who seem to be able to find long lost people. The people looking want to find the family by Christmas.

Family seeks fallen Marine's family after getting wrong Bible

Should the link not work or die the gist is that a family was given a bible and a medals belonging to a marine (with a similar name to their son) by the military. It turned out the family's son was not dead and they had received the someone else's possessions. The granddaughter of the woman who originally was handed the Bible wants to return it to the widow of the man who was killed. They have a name and a church both of which are apparently very common.

Boiled down here are the details from the article:

"Horace Brown, Jr.'s Bible dates to 1958. Information in it says he was in troop 21, likely a Boy Scout troop."

"It says Horace Brown, Jr. was married to Barbara Alice Robinson on December 24, 1966 at Christ the King Church. It lists the Rev. E.J. Riley and two witnesses, Fred Cottman and Bernice Robinson.

In the family section, it lists a sister named Pat, a brother named Erwin, and a son, Horace III."

"If you have any information that might help find the original family, call 865-633-5974."

I thought maybe someone here would know how to find the family or at least head the search off in the right direction. I'm a sucker for this kind of thing but don't know a thing about people hunting. I'm hoping someone can help.

Em
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2010, 04:38 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,350,407 times
According to the comments at the end of the news story, she's found Horace, who didn't die either.

Old 12-19-2010, 08:02 AM

2,063 posts, read 7,784,754 times
You saved me the effort. I just saw the added comment, too, and came to post. I'm glad that at least they have found the owner of the bible but would love to know what happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search