Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 11:00 AM

48 posts, read 82,829 times

Advertisements

I live in Chicago , about 4 months ago I met a girl on line who lives in Philly area suburb and we became good friends and later on fell in love. We made plans about the future and getting married and have kids and all that. After a while we decided to meet and see how things will work out , we set the day for December 2010 so we could be together for Christmas and the new year. During our talks we got to know each other better as time went on we could see how much we had in common right down to the favorit food and color and we talked about our dreams and the future , it was truly amazing how we could sometimes read what the other one was thinking about before a word was spoken , it was like a match made in heaven. I found out she was a staff/counselor at a local home for Child Protective Services (CPS) in Philadelphia. For some reason she wouldn't tell me the name of the school or where she lived or even her phone number , all I knew was her first name which was AngelMarie. She told me she was a Cherokee Indian and how her mother and brother were killed in a car accident a few years earlier and later on her dad who was in the US army was killed in Iraq in a car bomb , we talked about all the hardship she went through in her life and how she was devestated as the result of all this. She told she has a horse , all black name Thunder and she used to go horseback riding in the hills close to where she lived and how she would lose herself in the woods and be one with nature and camp under the sky. We also had disagreements about few things just like everyone else , but we were so much in love , everyone could see and her colleagues teased her about that and. On Nov. 11 2010 , one of her colleagues contacted me and told me Angel was involved in a head on collision the night before where both drivers were killed on the scene and that was the end of it. I was devesated by this news and still am , I called Philly police Dep. but no one would give me a straight answer , I checked out all the obituaries in the local papers but since I had no last name , I couldn't find anything. My life hasn't been the same ever since and for some reason I can't put this behind , all my friends and family tell me to get on with my life but something is holding me back. I even took off work for three weeks and went to Philly in hope of maybe shedding some light to this puzzle , but I had very little luck. But I got to spend Christmas and new year in Philly like we had planned alone , but her spirit was with me at all times. I'm asking the good people of Philadelphia , have you seen AngelMarie? She was 31 years old Native American , 5' tall and about 104 lbs. with long brown/reddish hair and light brown/amber eyes. Some of my friends tell me she's still alive and this whole thing was just a way to get out of the relationship , but why? She never lied in her life and it was so obvious , she always spoke the truth.
PLease help me find her. Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Have you seen her?-angel-marie-02.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2011, 11:06 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,651,760 times
So her colleague contacted you & knows you two were so much in love, but won't tell you her last name?
Good luck with that...

Old 01-14-2011, 11:22 AM

191 posts, read 946,098 times
Quote:
For some reason she wouldn't tell me the name of the school or where she lived or even her phone number
Quote:
Nov. 11 2010 , one of her colleagues contacted me and told me Angel was involved in a head on collision the night before where both drivers were killed on the scene and that was the end of it.
Quote:
Some of my friends tell me she's still alive and this whole thing was just a way to get out of the relationship
A few things aren't adding up. If she was talking about marrying you, why wouldn't she have given you basic contact information like her phone number, work location, etc?

Also, why would a coworker call to tell you she was in an accident, but NO follow up at all? No info on if she was getting better, what hospital she was in, etc?

The story doesn't add up, man. I'd honestly say A) She didn't exist or was pretending to be someone else or B) she decided to break up with you and made some crazy story up about her dying.

Either way, time to move on.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:38 AM

8,983 posts, read 21,166,799 times
This thread is more appropriate for the People Search forum.

I'm moving it there.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:03 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,224 times
Did you call CPS in Philly to see if they had anybody that worked there with that name? I think, unfortunately, she had second thoughts about meeting you and has moved on and didn't know how to break up with you. She had either a co-worker but most likely a friend call you. Her life story might not be correct either. That's why, to me, it's very hard to get close to someone on the internet because you just don't know if they are telling the truth or even if they are really the person they are portraying online. Sorry to hear this and I hope you can move on from this experience.

Old 01-16-2011, 08:07 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,554,282 times
The whole story doesn't add up. How did she have your phone number but you didn't have the number that called you? Did they block the number when they called to say she was dead?

What web site did you meet on? I wonder if she's still reading there.. As for her living in Philly; she probably lives in NJ.

She actually looks similar to someone I know that's about the same age. Your girl looks more Spanish then Cherokee; possible she has Cherokee in her.

The next thing you may want to do is google Iraq car bombing using our military in your key word. You may be able to narrow it down that way if it's true.

I feel you've been taken. How do you even know the picture you have belongs to the person you were speaking to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgh90 View Post
I live in Chicago , about 4 months ago I met a girl on line who lives in Philly area suburb and we became good friends and later on fell in love. We made plans about the future and getting married and have kids and all that. After a while we decided to meet and see how things will work out , we set the day for December 2010 so we could be together for Christmas and the new year. During our talks we got to know each other better as time went on we could see how much we had in common right down to the favorit food and color and we talked about our dreams and the future , it was truly amazing how we could sometimes read what the other one was thinking about before a word was spoken , it was like a match made in heaven. I found out she was a staff/counselor at a local home for Child Protective Services (CPS) in Philadelphia. For some reason she wouldn't tell me the name of the school or where she lived or even her phone number , all I knew was her first name which was AngelMarie. She told me she was a Cherokee Indian and how her mother and brother were killed in a car accident a few years earlier and later on her dad who was in the US army was killed in Iraq in a car bomb , we talked about all the hardship she went through in her life and how she was devestated as the result of all this. She told she has a horse , all black name Thunder and she used to go horseback riding in the hills close to where she lived and how she would lose herself in the woods and be one with nature and camp under the sky. We also had disagreements about few things just like everyone else , but we were so much in love , everyone could see and her colleagues teased her about that and. On Nov. 11 2010 , one of her colleagues contacted me and told me Angel was involved in a head on collision the night before where both drivers were killed on the scene and that was the end of it. I was devesated by this news and still am , I called Philly police Dep. but no one would give me a straight answer , I checked out all the obituaries in the local papers but since I had no last name , I couldn't find anything. My life hasn't been the same ever since and for some reason I can't put this behind , all my friends and family tell me to get on with my life but something is holding me back. I even took off work for three weeks and went to Philly in hope of maybe shedding some light to this puzzle , but I had very little luck. But I got to spend Christmas and new year in Philly like we had planned alone , but her spirit was with me at all times. I'm asking the good people of Philadelphia , have you seen AngelMarie? She was 31 years old Native American , 5' tall and about 104 lbs. with long brown/reddish hair and light brown/amber eyes. Some of my friends tell me she's still alive and this whole thing was just a way to get out of the relationship , but why? She never lied in her life and it was so obvious , she always spoke the truth.
PLease help me find her. Thank you.

Old 01-16-2011, 05:42 PM

46 posts, read 284,150 times
sorry dude, you have been scammed. That picture is of a Singer named Mya. I hope you didnt send "her" money.

mya - Google Search

Old 01-16-2011, 09:40 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,630,795 times
This happened to a client of mine recently, only the victim is female and the scammer is male. She did the old money thing with her bank account and now the bank is threatening her with jail time and took all of the money from her bank account. She was soooooo stupid but I guess she was just lonely. She is being accused of money laundering and I guess the Feds can't believe anyone would be that stupid.....

Old 01-16-2011, 09:45 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
This happened to a client of mine recently, only the victim is female and the scammer is male. She did the old money thing with her bank account and now the bank is threatening her with jail time and took all of the money from her bank account. She was soooooo stupid but I guess she was just lonely. She is being accused of money laundering and I guess the Feds can't believe anyone would be that stupid.....

How rude can you be? Stupid, no; naive, yes. And this is how you think of your clients?

Old 01-16-2011, 09:50 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,630,795 times
Yep. This isn't the first time she has done something that is so incredibly off.....and yes, her lawyer, she herself, her friends, have all said it was soooo stupid. Since her bank account was impounded, I prepared her tax return at zero cost to her. She will always be my client because she is a friend as well. She is well past middle age but not senile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search