U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2007, 06:25 PM

1 posts, read 2,804 times

Advertisements

My name is Debbie Deckert and I am one of Terry Armstrong's siblings. You don’t know my sister, she was not a celebrity or public figure. About the only time anyone will see my sister’s name in the paper will be as a result of her brutal murder almost 3 years ago in Madison County, Norfolk Nebraska. Her body found by a hunter not far from Meadow Grove near the Yellowbanks State Recreation Area. The attack was so brutally heinous, that not even the family has been told the full extent of Terry’s injuries. To this date no one has been charged with my sister’s murder.

Time has not passed quickly as days and weeks turned into years, the grief has not subsided. Questions remain unanswered, and a brutal killer still walks the streets of an unknown town somewhere in America, harboring the kind of twisted rage that led him to kill Terry Armstrong and leave her tortured body on a deserted farmstead in rural Norfolk, Nebraska.

There were three “persons of interest” in my sister’s case. Two were named and the third remains unnamed. Photos of the two main persons of interest were never released to the public.

The first man, Terry’s live-in boyfriend Tim Randall, was charged with three previous counts of domestic violence shortly after Terry was murdered. He was sentenced to 180 days on those charges after her death.

The second man, Troy Voichoskie, was a friend of Randall’s. Although Terry’s blood was found on Voichoskie’s pickup on the day of Terry’s murder, and she was last seen driving with him, paint from his truck a broken post and a broken tail light from his truck were found at the crime scene but there was not enough evidence for an arrest. Voichoskie was charged with giving false information to investigators, and sentenced to 180 days in jail for that offense.

DNA found on Terry’s clothing was not a match for either Randall or Voichoskie, but investigators don’t rule out the possibility that this DNA could have come from a third party or someone other than her murderer. In an April, 2007 interview with Nebraska’s Norfolk Daily News, Jon Downey, an investigator for the Madison County Sheriff’s office, said there is a third person of interest, but declined to give details. In the meantime, Voichoskie has moved out of state.

Terry's family and friends struggle everyday to remember the beautiful and loving person Terry was, and we try to drive out the horrible thoughts and visions of how she died. Yet the brutality of Terry's death, and the knowledge that her killer is still out there, haunts our celebration of Terry's life. Terry was deserving of justice. Our family will not be at peace until we find it for her.

It was said that on that final, horrific day of Terry’s life, she was beaten by one man and killed by another. A double tragedy in a string of tragedies for a woman who hardly caught a break at all in her 48 years of life.

I wonder if the public and others will consider that the perpetrator may have killed before and may kill again. Do they understand that a murderer is walking free among us, and that his or her next victim could be your daughter, sister, mother or wife?

I realize that a significant amount of time has passed since my sister was murdered, it’s rapidly approaching three years and I’m asking for your assistance. The slightest bit of information, however insignificant it may appear could lead to an arrest and conviction. We need these people to come forward.

I'm calling all angels and asking can you help?

Anybody with any information about this crime may call Nebraska Crimestoppers anonymously at (402) 371-7300.

Justice For Terry Armstrong
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2007, 12:31 PM

218 posts, read 1,383,286 times
Praying for and with all for justice - this side of Heaven or the next - as we are all at God's will one way or another...
A dear friend was murdered last spring, so I know of what you speak & feel.

I googled Terry's story, after reading your "Calling all angels" - discovered the Madison County Sheriff's plea,
as well as your lovely tribute site/memorial page to her. . . You are making wonderful ways to inform everyone.
I love your site:
Justice For Terry Armstrong

Old 07-22-2007, 02:13 PM

218 posts, read 1,383,286 times
Default Justice for Terry - website address correction

website address correction: Seeking Truth...

Old 07-23-2007, 11:27 AM

180 posts, read 897,909 times
I remember this tragedy. My daughter lived there during this time. I remember sending a prayer for your family at that time. I can't help bring justice to your family but I can send prayers.

My sincerest condolences.

Triple Willow

Old 07-26-2007, 05:34 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,000,946 times
I can't help by anything other than prayers either, but you have them. I hope you and your family can find resolution and eventually peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search