U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 05:14 AM

3,756 posts, read 8,398,998 times

Advertisements

Ralph Antonelli or Roy, owned Antons Hair and Makeup in Brooklyn New York. I sinced found out he was deceased. It is too bad because I wanted to ask him how he could be married to his wife and have 2 girlfirends pregant just months ago. I since found out that my biological mother, Lilianne, gave me the false information (or maybe information) that he did not want her to have so that he could go on living his triple and double life in Brooklyn, New York.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 11:31 AM

18,678 posts, read 23,258,366 times
Have you tried a Zaba Search? I turned up one on Ocean Parkway named Ralph who was 84. Don't know if he's a relation.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:48 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,120,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Have you tried a Zaba Search? I turned up one on Ocean Parkway named Ralph who was 84. Don't know if he's a relation.
the post above says he is deceased.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:08 AM

2,203 posts, read 3,484,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEDIAMOND64 View Post
Ralph Antonelli or Roy, owned Antons Hair and Makeup in Brooklyn New York. I sinced found out he was deceased. It is too bad because I wanted to ask him how he could be married to his wife and have 2 girlfirends pregant just months ago. I since found out that my biological mother, Lilianne, gave me the false information (or maybe information) that he did not want her to have so that he could go on living his triple and double life in Brooklyn, New York.
It might be helpful to try to keep a non-judgmental, emotionally neutral attitude when searching/meeting found relatives, especially in the cases of adoption. "Family" isn't so much a genetic relationship but a psychological and emotional connection without which genetics doesn't matter.

For the amateur geneologist this may be particularly difficult when searching one's own family but it's better to treat the search (for those living) as if it's being done for a client.

Old 06-23-2012, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGuy1202 View Post
It might be helpful to try to keep a non-judgmental, emotionally neutral attitude when searching/meeting found relatives, especially in the cases of adoption. "Family" isn't so much a genetic relationship but a psychological and emotional connection without which genetics doesn't matter.

For the amateur geneologist this may be particularly difficult when searching one's own family but it's better to treat the search (for those living) as if it's being done for a client.

It is very difficult when you try to meet people half way. That includes making 2 trips to to see my biological mother - who turned out to be cold and having half siblings, one that agreed to go for a DNA test and then backed out after I paid for my testing.

I believe in Karma. It is about genetics and that connection to blood relatives. That is why they say, blood is thicker than water.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:23 PM

3,803 posts, read 9,732,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEDIAMOND64 View Post
It is very difficult when you try to meet people half way. That includes making 2 trips to to see my biological mother - who turned out to be cold and having half siblings, one that agreed to go for a DNA test and then backed out after I paid for my testing.

I believe in Karma. It is about genetics and that connection to blood relatives. That is why they say, blood is thicker than water.
I am truly sorry your search for your biological parents did not turn out as you'd hope. It must be awful to search for a biological parent, find them and then realize he/she is not at all interested in persuing a relationship with you. It is almost like being "given up" all over again.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
I am truly sorry your search for your biological parents did not turn out as you'd hope. It must be awful to search for a biological parent, find them and then realize he/she is not at all interested in persuing a relationship with you. It is almost like being "given up" all over again.
Thank you for your very kind words. It is very difficult. I was willing to forgive and forget. There is a great book out there called the Primal Wound which explains what it is like being adopted and tells about Reunions and explains it in lay person terms.

Yes, the book says that the reunion rejection is like being given up all over again.

Old 11-12-2018, 11:27 PM

2 posts, read 300 times
Yup you are 100% on the money

Old 11-12-2018, 11:33 PM

2 posts, read 300 times
I know Colette very well. You are better off not including her in your life .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search