U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 10:12 AM

23 posts, read 29,900 times

Advertisements

The man in the picture is My grandpa Cam Rutherford. He was in the military between 1940-1948. I know that he was headed to the Canal Zone. He was thought to have fathered a child with this woman. I'd like to find that child. If anyone recognizes this woman please respond. you can email me directly at dlwillms@yahoo.com
Attached Thumbnails
lOOKING FOR ANYONE WHO KNOWS THIS WOMAN-scan0039.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2011, 09:50 AM

8,536 posts, read 6,377,590 times
She's beautiful. Hope you get your info.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:08 AM

166 posts, read 325,000 times
Prostitution was rampant in the Canal Zone, history tells us. GI's often bedded down with them for short periods then moved on. I'm not sure you'll be able to find out much more about her, might have been an immigrant gypsy who was simply following the money.

Good luck though.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:50 AM

3,573 posts, read 5,644,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRothschild View Post
Prostitution was rampant in the Canal Zone, history tells us. GI's often bedded down with them for short periods then moved on. I'm not sure you'll be able to find out much more about her, might have been an immigrant gypsy who was simply following the money.

Good luck though.
I think I would have said it more delicately then blurting that out.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:02 AM

48 posts, read 69,168 times
The woman in the photo looks about 30 ish to me and even if this was taken in 1948 , that's about 63 years ago and she has most probably passed away. What you need here is someone who knew her personally , and unfortunately that " someone " has a very slim chance of being still alive himself. So , there's no way of finding , unless if you believe in miracles.
Good luck.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgh90 View Post
The woman in the photo looks about 30 ish to me and even if this was taken in 1948 , that's about 63 years ago and she has most probably passed away. What you need here is someone who knew her personally , and unfortunately that " someone " has a very slim chance of being still alive himself. So , there's no way of finding , unless if you believe in miracles.
Good luck.
Back in the day, they looked around 30 y.o. but really only in their teens. I have pics of my parents that I swore were taken when they were older and they were not. I don't know if it was responsibility, hair styles, clothing, whatever.

She could have been in her late teens or early 20's. So she really could still be living but of course very old.

I would see if there was a newspaper in the area where she lived and where your grandfather meet her and post her photo in there and see if anyone recognizes her.

Chances of someone recognizing her in her are very slim. Good luck!

Old 02-11-2011, 01:33 PM

Sent a DM to you Deb.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:55 PM

29,988 posts, read 37,229,000 times
Op might have better luck trying to locate buddies in your Grandfather's unit, if they are still living, and see if anyone knew her name and where she was from. Might also see if the military would release any records on your grandfather to the surviving family (if your grandfather has passd). He may have secretly married and then divorced this woman so that the child was not legally a bastard. It was not an uncommon practice during WWII so that the woman could then remarry and give the child a willing father.

Old 06-10-2011, 12:05 PM

Does anyone know how to find friends in my grandpa's "unit" ? All i have are his discharge papers. His file was one of the many lost in the big fire that destroyed all the documents in Virginia I believe. Thats what they told me when i Requested his file anyway. i have pictures of other men he served with, but i don't know what to do with them. Please help. thanks

Old 06-10-2011, 12:15 PM

Sorry, but i forgot I posted all the military photo's my grandpa had online in an album. Please take a look and see if you recognize anyone. These men all served with my grandfather. thanks. https://picasaweb.google.com/Jmstews...=embedwebsite#
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search