U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 10:36 PM

3 posts, read 4,263 times

Advertisements

Hi there,hoping for some help here...would be very grateful for any and all help i can get...ive searched for years but maybe im missing something...I am 27 years old and haven't seen my biological mom since i was barely 2...Her and my dad divorced and he took me and my older sister and never returned...He ban me from even speaking her name..he has recently passed and i need to find my mom...All my life i have felt emptiness in my heart and now i have no parents at all...I really need answers and closure so badly.i think it will help me clarify my life! I dont have much info though but this is what i do have... Her legal birth name is Janice Denise Benson,was born in 1961 or 62.....has lived in Eldorado,Arkansas;Hawkins,Texas and Shreveport,La...my paternal grandma thinks her parents may still be in eldorado,Ark..I know thats not much to go on but hopefully its a start..Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 11:01 PM

1,723 posts, read 3,370,940 times
What state did he take you from? Can your sister remember any more details?

Old 03-11-2011, 11:32 PM

I have an Older sister but she doesnt know any more details than me unfortunately...she was only 3 when we were taken...I do know before that happened they were living in Houston,Texas....I know she lived in Eldorado,Ark with her family but dont know them......My dad kept us in Shreveport,Louisiana most of our lives....I know that he was once married to her and had to get a divorce from her to marry his late wife..I was told once they had custody papers drawn...If i could trace her back to Arkansas somehow ill bet her parents stayed in Arkansas..My paternal grandmother seems to think they wouldnt have moved...This is a very tough situation,i have been trying for years to come up with something with my sister but we dont know what were doing on here

Old 03-12-2011, 09:14 AM

842 posts, read 1,978,953 times
Here is what you have given us so far:
Maiden Name: Janice Denise Benson
Date of Birth:???1961 OR 1962 ???
Married: WHO??? WHAT IS YOUR FATHER'S NAME? WHEN DID THEY MARRY??? WHERE??
I am only guessing that you might have been born in 1983 by your handle. If that is correct and if you have not seen her since you were 2, then I am guessing again 1985 they separated???
Divorced:????WHEN? WHERE???
RESIDED: Eldorado,Arkansas; Hawkins,Texas; Shreveport,La
Your paternal grandma thinks her parents may still be in Eldorado,Ark. WHAT ARE THEIR NAMES???

You can help by giving more information.
If they married and /or divorced in TX, that would be great as TX has great public records. You say they were living in Houston, TX before they separated. So the great TX records, for instance, from the Texas Marriages Search Engine, I have a marriage on 8/9/1977 of a Janice D Benson who was 15 years old when she married a Kevin C Beer who was 21. They were married in Bowie County, TX. If Janice was married in 1977 and she was 15 years old when she married (how young they marry there), she would have been born in either 1962 if she had already had a birthday or in 1961 if she was going to have a birthday and be 16. This is the only Janice D Benson I found who married in TX. Would this be her? Maybe they did not marry in TX.
Need some help here.

Old 03-12-2011, 01:24 PM

1,830 posts, read 4,767,719 times
Agree with all Susan said. Most women keep the married surname - we need to know both.

On the plus side, there aren't too many Benson families in El Dorado, AR, and even fewer who are old enough to be Janice's parents and have lived there a long time. Might as well try the easy things first before searching for a needle in a haystack.

It's just a hunch, but try this family - Elfriede and Harold Kermit Benson. Call and say you are searching for your grandparents and ask if they have a daughter named Janice Denise.

Elfriede M Benson
1320 N Gray Ave
El Dorado, AR 71730-3923
(870) 862-9130

Old 03-16-2011, 10:49 AM

hcgCali.....thank you and God Bless you,you have found my lost family...i couldn't thank you enough...the number you found is my grandma's brothers

Old 03-16-2011, 10:51 AM

1,723 posts, read 3,370,940 times
thats so awesome! Keep us updated please!

Old 03-16-2011, 12:19 PM

1,830 posts, read 4,767,719 times
That's good news, [no longer]Lostyounglady! Good luck on your reunion.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,209 times
Default i have a ?

can somebody help me find my mother?

Old 05-17-2011, 03:23 PM

1,611 posts, read 1,946,603 times
bmjesus if you start your own thread/post and put as much info as you know about her than the searches might be able to locate her for you. To start your own thread click on the link below and than click on (new thread)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search