U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 08:14 AM

75 posts, read 258,198 times

Advertisements

Trying to find birth father. Donald would be between 65-69 years old. Has younger siblings, one whose name is Jimmy. Lived in Brooklyn, NY at least in 1960. Parents may have been divorced. Later moved to Jersey.

Please PM if you may know or have known Donald or his family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2008, 04:07 AM

12 posts, read 24,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mompooh3 View Post
Trying to find birth father. Donald would be between 65-69 years old. Has younger siblings, one whose name is Jimmy. Lived in Brooklyn, NY at least in 1960. Parents may have been divorced. Later moved to Jersey.

Please PM if you may know or have known Donald or his family.

Donald Lynch, who had 3 younger brothers, one of whom was Jimmy, another Richie and the youngest Bobby, died about 1 year ago. At the time he was living in Florida.

I know this for a fact.

I understand your dilemma, trust me, I am a family-member, even though not a brother or sister, but please do not try and find any other members, as all the brothers are gone. Donald, even though the oldest, was the last one to pass on.

Thank you.

Old 12-22-2008, 05:06 AM

1,062 posts, read 2,161,663 times
How cruel.

Old 12-22-2008, 05:43 PM

842 posts, read 1,980,134 times
Sarah, are you telling him not to try to find the other brothers because they have passed away? Perhaps there are other members of the family who could help give him the answers he is looking for? Or perhaps you or other members have pictures you could share?
And is this the one you are referring to:
DONALD LYNCH
BORN: 27 Sep 1939
DIED: 10 Aug 2007 (V)
LAST RESIDENCE: 34667 (Hudson, Pasco, FL)
LAST BENEFIT: 34667 (Hudson, Pasco, FL)
SS# ISSUED IN: New York

You said he passed away about a year ago. There were only 2 who died in 2007 in Florida. This one was from NY area.

Looks like this might have been his address and phone number at one time:
DONALD E LYNCH Born Sep 1939 Record Created: Unknown
12307 CAMP CREEK LN
HUDSON, FL 34667 (727) 697-0499

If so, this could still be helpful:
MelissaData.com | People Summary

Just checked the records and Olga still owns the address above.

Last edited by Susan13202; 12-22-2008 at 05:59 PM..

Old 12-23-2008, 10:05 AM

Donald died late last year, don't quite remember the exact date, but it is about a year now.

The other 3 brothers are all gone, and there was only one child born of them. 2 didn't have any and Jimmy had 1. Since Jimmy passed in 1963, no one in the family has heard from his daughter, who was only about 2 - 3 when he died. She's probably married by now, but no one knows for sure.

Don was born on Sept. 27, 1939. His father passed many, many years ago. Don died in Florida of cancer. He lived in Florida for quite a number of years.

Unfortunately, that's all that anyone would be able to tell. I'm a distant relative and I'm only one of about 3 of us still around who remember any of them.

Donald's mother is also gone, and she only had one sibling who passed about 2 years ago.

Don's brother Jimmy died in 1963 or 1964. He was only in his early 20's. Brother Richie died in 1978 or 1979 in a car accident. Bobby died recently of Aids.

That's all I know and like I said, there is no one else around that can help. Even if someone was able to find Jimmy's daughter, she was so young, she wouldn't be able to help.

Good luck!

Old 12-23-2008, 04:24 PM

Humm...only about 3 people still around who knew the family...Susan13202 ~ I think you asked something about pictures. I don't know about you, but it would be nice if the 2 remaining people came forward.

Old 12-24-2008, 04:11 AM

Besides me, there's my brother, who is younger and doesn't remember too much. I only very vaguely even remember Jimmy. I was only about 6 when he died. The other person, who was a close family friend, often referred to as a relative since he was so close, has Alzheimer's and is in a nursing home.

I really wish I could help more. It was such a small family to begin with. Only a mother with a brother and she had 4 kids, all of whom are gone and then there were only 2 grandchildren. One of them was always called "Dolly". I believe that was Jimmy's daughter. She would have to be in her 40's now. Would've been born in the very early 60's. Don't know if Don Lynch, Sr. had any siblings, don't remember him at all. I do, however, remember the step-father, but I don't know if he's still around or not or if he passed on. He would be in his late 80's now.

Don't know off hand if I have pictures or not, but if I do they will be very old - probably from the 60's, which really wouldn't help much.

With the exception of the 2 grandchildren, I'm probably the closest relative around who remembers anything, and I'm a 4th cousin (through Don's mother's brother).

Sorry, but with such a small family there's not much else to do. I will try to answer as much as I can, but since I have absolutely no contact with the grandkids, and all 4 brothers are gone, I have no contact with that side of the family, since there practically is no that side of the family.

Old 12-24-2008, 04:44 AM

Susan,

Donald was born in NY but really raised in New Jersey. He has lived in Florida for at least 10 years. He died in Florida. I don't know if he was listed in a paper obituary or not, but positively died in Florida.

I looked at that Melissa data. Never heard of a Dina, maybe she was someone he worked with, I don't know. That is his birthday however. I know he was born in 1939. He was the oldest of 4 boys and there was 4 years between each of them. 1939, 1943, 1947, 1951. In order - Donald, Jimmy (James), Richie (Richard) and Bobby (Robert).

Old 12-24-2008, 05:34 AM

842 posts, read 1,980,134 times
Thank you, Sarah, for sharing this information. I am assuming that Olga is his wife and perhaps she could share some memories and photographs of the posters father, if this is the correct father. So far the poster has not rejoined the conversation to let us know. Donald Lynch is a fairly common name so you never know.
Would you have any pictures of him that you could share with this poster? I know that Staples makes copies that are almost as good as the real image and they are very inexpensive. Of course, again the poster would have to come back and share contact information.

Old 12-24-2008, 03:42 PM

If you want to contact the original poster, you can google her user name and you'll find who she is and where she lives (I already tried it). I'll bet she'll be happy to know that some information has been shared. It might save her some unnecessary grief and the pain of not knowing anything at all. This might be her only chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or