U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-08-2007, 01:07 PM
gob
 
5 posts, read 7,791 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Now what do we do? What about the our restitution?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-08-2007, 05:04 PM
 
Location: NE Florida
9,362 posts, read 22,813,273 times
Reputation: 9286
I agree..what about resititution?

Did they confiscate their computers? That would show if the others had prior knowledge. It is ridiculous that the local police are the ones investigating this. The attorney general should be involved at the least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2007, 10:04 AM
 
11 posts, read 18,485 times
Reputation: 13
I am one of the victims mentioned in the last report that's supposed to get restitution. According to the report by Vic Whetstone pugh got 30 days for ripping me off and 30 days for ripping off the other victim mentioned.

Also other charges are pending on pugh that will escalate them to felonies meaning he will go before a different judge on any further charges.

He is most likely going to spend some more time in jail if the other charges stick, unless they let him out before he goes before another judge in which case he is likely to bolt.

As for restitution, though I've been awarded restitution I really don't expect to see it anytime soon. If what pugh said is true he gave most of the money to the others in which case it may be hard to recover it and I'm sure pugh has no money and he can't make any where he is.

I would love nothing more than to get my $165.50 back and I hope it will show up one day. But more important we stopped this piece of fecal material from getting anymore people.

So to all that took the time and trouble to send in your information on the scam, thank you very much. To Vic Whetstone, thank you for keeping us updated on the case. I'm sure had the pressure not been applied to the case they would still be in business. I hope we all get our money back but I really see no way pugh can come up with it. Let's keep up hope though and keep checking back here for more info.

Rick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2007, 12:02 PM
 
10 posts, read 17,864 times
Reputation: 10
Default What about the rest of us??

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootnstarz View Post
I am one of the victims mentioned in the last report that's supposed to get restitution.

Rick
I don't get why only 2 people are getting restitution...anybody got any ideas on how the rest of should proceed to at least try to get restitution??

Rick (Shootnstarz), when did you first report your case?? I reported mine back in May...I'm just wondering if you reported before me maybe they are going in order as far as pressing charges.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2007, 01:22 PM
 
11 posts, read 18,485 times
Reputation: 13
I reported mine way back when we all got ripped on the train stuff, don't remember the exact date. Seems like it was before may though. I'll have to dig out the receipt.

Like the report said, "warrants have been issued" everybody else's cases are still upcoming but will probably be heard in circuit court.

Vic will keep us posted on futher developments. This is not over yet. I just don't know how he's going to be able to pay anything to anybody, what with the cost of cigarettes and all. Can't make no money in jail.

I do hope everybody gets their money back from this pond scum and he doesn't get away with not paying. I'll let ya'll know if mine ever shows up.

Rick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2007, 01:33 PM
 
Location: NJ
10,749 posts, read 21,385,626 times
Reputation: 8982
Quote:
Originally Posted by shootnstarz View Post
I would love nothing more than to get my $165.50 back and I hope it will show up one day. But more important we stopped this piece of fecal material from getting anymore people.
I hope that some of you are looking at craigslists every now and then to see if he's set up shop using another name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2007, 04:15 PM
 
2 posts, read 3,217 times
Reputation: 10
Default Armstrong & Pritchard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I hope that some of you are looking at craigslists every now and then to see if he's set up shop using another name.
David cannot set up shop using another name because he is in jail. As for Bill and Babette, they had no knowledge about David's activities and the court has dismissed all current charges against them -- and all electronic equipment that was in the home (computers, printer, fax, cell phones, and digital camera) was confiscated and has yet to be returned to them.

Bill and Babette are very dear friends of mine who were victims of the scams as much as the rest of you were. They took this man into their home, befriended him, fed him, paid for everything, and yet he not only used their good names in this scam, but also was cause for them to be arrested, etc. I know that those reading this don't know me from Adam, nor do you know my friends, Bill and Babette, but they are good and honest people with really big hearts. As for their computer skills -- those are pretty much non-existant. Bill knows how to turn the computer on in order to play Hearts and Solitaire, and Babette knows how to get into AOL to check and reply to emails. Those of us who know them are supporting them 100%.

David was wrong in what he did and he admitted that he is guilty of the whole thing and that Bill and Babette were not even aware of what he was doing. I'm sure that he will be spending many years in prison for his actions.

Anyway, just needed to vent -- I didn't prior to now because I wanted to make sure that my friends "crimes" were dismissed first. So, go ahead and slam David all you want ... I'll be in line with you -- but because of what he did to some good people who were trying to help someone that needed help (as David was when they first met him).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2007, 11:16 PM
 
11 posts, read 18,485 times
Reputation: 13
Well, I found some info on when I got scammed and it was late Feburary. That's when I called the Denmark PD and sent them all the info I had. Others from the train forum said they were sending the info in, I can only assume they did. Looks like they may be hearing the cases in order of complaints. I was "johnny on the spot" sending mine in. Cost me 3 bucks!

To think that pugh is so slick yet so dumb is mind boggling. If the other two were not involved then I hate that they got their trust violated as well and probably lost more than any of us. I do hope they plan on helping put pugh away so he will have a long time to think about his brother killed in Iraq and his wife's terminal illness.

Rick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2007, 07:32 PM
 
4 posts, read 9,364 times
Reputation: 18
Hey everyone,
I was the other person who was lucky enough to get restitution (hopefully). I sent a very detailed complaint in August to just the Denmark PD and then they requested another in October after they were all arrested. I sent in a copy of the money order sent to Denmark and included all of the emails that was sent to me from "bill armstrong' and those I sent to him. I'm not sure how this whole thing worked out...I only sent him $270 for Nascar tickets. Anyway, try to be patient b/c this isn't over yet!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2007, 12:24 PM
 
7 posts, read 11,959 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikiB51708 View Post
David cannot set up shop using another name because he is in jail. As for Bill and Babette, they had no knowledge about David's activities and the court has dismissed all current charges against them -- and all electronic equipment that was in the home (computers, printer, fax, cell phones, and digital camera) was confiscated and has yet to be returned to them.

Bill and Babette are very dear friends of mine who were victims of the scams as much as the rest of you were. They took this man into their home, befriended him, fed him, paid for everything, and yet he not only used their good names in this scam, but also was cause for them to be arrested, etc. I know that those reading this don't know me from Adam, nor do you know my friends, Bill and Babette, but they are good and honest people with really big hearts. As for their computer skills -- those are pretty much non-existant. Bill knows how to turn the computer on in order to play Hearts and Solitaire, and Babette knows how to get into AOL to check and reply to emails. Those of us who know them are supporting them 100%.

David was wrong in what he did and he admitted that he is guilty of the whole thing and that Bill and Babette were not even aware of what he was doing. I'm sure that he will be spending many years in prison for his actions.

Anyway, just needed to vent -- I didn't prior to now because I wanted to make sure that my friends "crimes" were dismissed first. So, go ahead and slam David all you want ... I'll be in line with you -- but because of what he did to some good people who were trying to help someone that needed help (as David was when they first met him).
Well I hope for your friends that they can prove that they had no idea, more than David just saying that for them. This will probably turn into a federal case before long and the feds have a thing called conspiracy.

As much as I would like to believe they knew nothing I am having a hard time with it. You can think I am bashing them but there are reasons why I can't believe their story.

As for he is going to jail for years as of right now he is not. He got 30 days or am I wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top