U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 07:55 PM

17 posts, read 34,578 times

Advertisements

Congratulations "Shootinstarz" & "Kiks24" for the cases being brought before the judge and being "awarded" restitution. I have been told that mine is one of the cases pending. I'm not holding out much hope for restitution, but maybe it will at least add some jail time to the sentence. I thought that I heard at one time that there were as many as 40 people scammed, or maybe more? Hopefully he is found guilty on all counts and as the numbers grow, hopefully the jail sentences do too. I think 30 days per count is quite light.

Soonerpride, I have to agree with you on the Bill & Babette Pritchard "innocent act". Maybe it's true, but I really don't believe it. You mean to tell me that nobody put anything in the memo line on the checks and money orders........ I know I did. It said Nascar tickets right across the bottom!!! I have a hard time believing that quite a few people didn't do the same thing. Why would they be cashing checks for fish that say things like concert tickets, pool cues, model trains, & Nascar tickets. I don't think that they are that clueless. Just my 2 cents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2007, 07:48 AM

Default Bill Armstrong

Here is the latest info that I got from Vic Whetstone.[/SIZE]

Third bonding hearing held in Internet case[/SIZE]

By VIC WHETSTONE, T&D Correspondent

DENMARK -- A third bond hearing was held Wednesday for David Allen Pugh, who has been charged with 11 counts of breach of trust with fraudulent intent.

Pugh appeared before Denmark Municipal Court Judge Myron V. Anderson at the Bamberg County Detention Center on one charge of "classification of third or subsequent conviction of certain property crimes."

The law states that a person convicted of an offense for which the term of imprisonment is contingent upon the value of the property involved must, upon conviction for a third or subsequent offense, be punished as prescribed for a Class E felony.

Pugh is being held at the detention center on a 60-day jail sentence for his Nov. 5 conviction on two charges of breach of trust with fraudulent intent and a bond of $5,000 on one charge of conspiracy in connection with an alleged Internet fraud scheme.

Anderson set the bond on the "third or subsequent offense" at $50,000 based on the fact that Pugh, in a sworn statement to Denmark police, indicated that he is guilty of nine offenses of breach of trust with fraudulent intent, which have not yet gone to court, according to court testimony.

According to Denmark Police Chief Leroy Grimes, more than a dozen other complaints that have been received from people who allege they were victims of an Internet fraud scheme. Grimes suggested that complaints be mailed to the police department so they will have a "hard copy" with a signature.

Denmark Municipal Judge Anderson said that all charges are now being turned over to the second judicial circuit solicitor Barbara Morgan in Aiken and it is anticipated that the cases will be tried in General Sessions Court. A time frame for getting these on the court docket can not be determined at this time.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:41 AM

11 posts, read 18,488 times
Well, well, well, $50K bail bond. That's alot of fish !!!! I tend to agree with the rest of you on the innocense if the others. $165.50 is alot of fish, more than could be mailed.

Hopefully all the truth will come out in the investigation. Hopefully we will all get our money back. But at least some justice is being served. Thanks again to all that persued this case to this point.

Rick

Old 12-11-2007, 06:18 AM

2 posts, read 3,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerpride2002 View Post

As for he is going to jail for years as of right now he is not. He got 30 days or am I wrong.

David did get 30 days for the initial cases brought before the Court (the lesser amount ones because of the Court jurisdiction). The other counts have been bumped up to the next level, and he will be tried on those. But because of the court docket being filled with other cases, it may be months before even a date will be set for the trial.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:55 AM

10 posts, read 17,865 times
Has anyone else had any contact from the Denmark PD lately??...I've sent them my info twice (it's been awhile since I sent it) and haven't heard anything.

Old 02-01-2008, 05:29 AM

Default pugh out

Last I heard from Vic about a month ago is that pugh did his 2 months for my and the other case he plead guilty to and was released on $50K bond awaiting scheduling in circuit court of the rest of the cases. That could take many months if not years. After all, there are many pot smoker bust that are soooooo much more important than a worthless scumbag petty thief.

And I have not received my restitution yet either.

So pugh, if you are reading this, which I suspect you are, I want my money back now !!!! That's $165.75 + $3 postage for mailing the case to the PD. If I do not receive it in 2 weeks I will contact the judge again and see what he says about it.

Rick Hogue
Pensacola, FL

Old 02-01-2008, 08:27 AM

Default Bill Armstrong

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received any money yet Rick. I cannot believe that this is taking so long. I sent my info just like I was instructed and have not heard anything yet. I find it hard to believe that this guy has no possessions that can be confiscated and auctioned off to pay for his debts. If he has a home or car, sell them to reimburse the people that he ripped off. Hell, I don't care if he has to sell the clothes off his back. He owes the people their money. It seems like they are being so careful not to inconvenience him or infringe on his rights. Who is the victim here? We are, he is a criminal and should be treated that way. This whole ordeal is just a big joke if you ask me. This guy could have been stopped back in April when he ripped off the train forum and they sent their info to Denmark PD. But no, they let him continue to operate and continue to rip off people well into October............. What the hell were they doing all that time? Building a case against him. It doesn't seem like it. If they were, I think that these proceedings would be moving a lot faster. Unfortunately I think that this is turning into a dead issue. I'm afraid that the two months is all that he will be sentenced to for a long time.

Just a question. What does everyone think of our court systems and the Denmark PD right now? Myself, I am less than impressed.

Good luck everyone,

Lapeerlugnut

Old 02-02-2008, 08:03 AM

After some thinking about it I went ahead and contacted the Judge again and plead with him to revoke pugh's bail for not paying the restitution. I believe this will happen.

How can he pay if he's in jail you ask? Well he managed to come up with the $5K to post his bond, a couple of hundred shouldn't be a problem.

Kiks24, if you read this I suggest you also contact the Judge and complain about not receiving your money. We CAN get him tossed back in jail.

Also found out that if he hasn't paid by the time he goes to circuit court they will be MUCH harder on him. That is good.

So pugh, you might as well send me my money right now because I'm not giving up on this case. I will do all I can to get your bail revoked even if I have to come up there and meet with the Judge personally. I also can contact your bondsmen and he can revoke your bail. This is a promise pugh, not a threat !!!!!! So send me my money and be done with that part of it. Life will go better if you do !!!!!!!!! Hell, you may even get a nanoliter of sympathy from somebody if you appear to be trying to correct your mistake. Of course, after your lies about your brother and wife that may be a stretch.

SEND ME MY MONEY NOW pugh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I take only M.O.s

Rick Hogue
Pensacola, FL

Old 02-09-2008, 03:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,695 times
Have you gotten anywhere.....

Old 02-15-2008, 07:10 AM

10 posts, read 17,865 times
I still haven't heard anything from anybody...i sent all my info to denmark PD two or three times...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search