U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 08:51 AM

1 posts, read 1,974 times

Advertisements

Thank you so much for whoever started this post. I was almost another victim to this scam. I felt uneasy about this transaction and paid the $15 for a background check. I was given a phone number which had been disconnected. (803) 793-0666.

The above letter sent to columbiasooner, was exactly what was sent to me yesterday. William also proceeded to tell me that they seats were #3-4-5-6.

William Armstrong aka "Bill" aka William Armstrong Pritchard listed this information on Craigslist in the Dallas circuit.

I will be more then happy to forward this on to the deputy in charge.

Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2007, 11:40 AM

17 posts, read 34,588 times
Default Bill Armstrong

Can somebody please explain to me how this guy can still be using the same name, same street address & same phone number that he used when he ripped off me and about 30 other people alomost a month and a half ago. There has supposedly been 30-40 reports to the Denmark Police department, but this guy is still getting his mail ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? What the hell is going on here?

Old 09-22-2007, 12:27 PM
gob

5 posts, read 7,794 times
Default Fell For Scam

Bill got me back at the end of August for two U of M - Notre Dame football tickets. I have forwarded everything to Lt Dingle >>>> I am pursuing this thing and want to encourage everyone to not let this slip. Please press the police do step in . . . I know they have enough now with all the reports, etc. to go forward. I don't know why they are doing something . . . but we need to find out.

I am humiliated. This guy was a smooth operator and continues to scam people . . . we need to stop him.

Old 09-22-2007, 03:09 PM

4 posts, read 9,366 times
Hello everyone. I started this post on Bill Armstrong about a month ago and didn't really check up on things until now. I am amazed at the responses! I didn't realize how many people he scammed and is continuing to scam. I'm so glad we were able to stop some of you from trusting him. I sent him a $270 money order for Nascar tickets. I have filed a complaint with the Denmark PD....do you guys suggest filing a complaint with the post office as well? I guess I never thought that was necessary...any thoughts?

Old 09-23-2007, 12:06 AM

1,459 posts, read 4,120,044 times
I found a William Armstrong at:

325 Palmetto Ave
Denmark, SC

But this guy is 81 yrs old. I'm thinking this person is not using his real name and only using Denmark as a mailing address,which is why he's not been caught yet.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:33 PM

11 posts, read 18,491 times
Default *******

These people have ripped off thousands of dollars from people on a model train forum earlier this year. Also heard of some other forums that they have been hitting.

They use dead people to justify their activities, real septic tank scum. We all called the Denmark PD and there was about 40 of us. We all jumped through the hoops and sent in everything they asked for. This was way back earlier this year and we haven't heard a word. I see they are still at it and the local PD hasn't done a thing. I believe they may be part of it because nothing has been done in all this time. We just presented way too much evidence for nothing to have happened.

Has anyone tried the sherriffs office or do they not care either?

Rick
Pensacola, FL

Old 09-26-2007, 10:07 PM

4 posts, read 9,366 times
I think you may be right because this is a little ridiculous. I've had a few people tell me it sounds like the local PD could be in on it. It seems hard for me to believe but, seriously, what the hell is the deal? I have the number for the mayor of Denmark, SC. Maybe we should let her know about the trash she has living in her town.

Old 09-27-2007, 09:18 AM

11 posts, read 18,491 times
Default Still at it

I can't for the life of me figure out how they are getting mail at the same address that we got ripped off by 7 months ago !!!!! With all the phone calls and the info the train modelers sent in months ago there is plenty of evidence to at least stop them. They are still using the same address? Does something seem rotten in Denmark?

Rick

Old 09-27-2007, 10:34 PM

1,459 posts, read 4,120,044 times
If they've been getting mail at the same address for that long there's a snake in the wood pile somewhere. If any of you live within a 1 day drive to SC, I think I would make a weekend trip and check this address out in person. Anyone that does business on ebay be careful as well, a guy here in TN where I live got ripped off last week for $3000.00 buying a car. The same car is for sale again.

Old 10-01-2007, 02:08 AM

14 posts, read 22,515 times
I'm embarassed to say that I recently fell victim to Bill Armstrong. I responded to an ad he had on Craig's List. It's only been a week since I sent my money order for a Layani Pool Cue, but when I didn't received the cue and he didn't respond to my email, I knew something was up. So I did a Google search and found your site.

Can someone please give me the name and address of who I should report this to? I would really appreciate it. Has anyone contacted the Mayor of Denmark yet?

It has been brought to my attention by a friend of mine that fraud through the US Post Office is an offense that warrants an FBI investigation.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks much!

Jean

Last edited by JeanJeannie58; 10-01-2007 at 02:11 AM.. Reason: forgot info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search