U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 04:23 PM

7 posts, read 11,955 times

Advertisements

If someone had any contact information for someone other than the Denmark police, please contact me. I called them the night I sent the money because I decided to research to late for this guy. I never received a call back, if they would of called me they could of maybe been there when he received the package. I have where he signed for the package also. I was scammed out of $600.00! I have left numerous messages for the PD and have not received on phone call yet. I am about to contact the FBI!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2007, 05:00 PM

14 posts, read 22,504 times
Unhappy I know how you feel

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerpride2002 View Post
If someone had any contact information for someone other than the Denmark police, please contact me. I called them the night I sent the money because I decided to research to late for this guy. I never received a call back, if they would of called me they could of maybe been there when he received the package. I have where he signed for the package also. I was scammed out of $600.00! I have left numerous messages for the PD and have not received on phone call yet. I am about to contact the FBI!
Hi Sooner,

I don't have any information on who or where to call. I did however go to the Post Office yesterday to start a search on the money order I sent him. The Post Master told me it probably won't do any good by tracing the money order, but I felt I needed to do something. I feel so frustrated that I fell for this. He just seemed so sincere.

I've been trying to hard to think of things that I can do. I looked everywhere on the internet that I could think of to try to get more information on him. But I didn't come up with anything. I tried sending him another email today, but that's just a joke.

I feel bad for you because he got you for more than 3 times what he took from me. I paid $190 for a pool cue.

Anyone who wants to talk about this more can contact me at JeanJeannie58@yahoo.com. Maybe a few good minds can combine a few good thoughts to get something done about this.

Regards,

Jean

Old 10-04-2007, 07:51 AM

17 posts, read 34,574 times
Default Bill Armstrong

I have tried to deal with the Denmark police without any success. I've left messages for Lt Dingle and deputy Williams and never heard anything back. Last night we got a hold of the Bamberg county sheriff and he is aware of the problem and is working with the post office to help stop this. I don't have his name or number with me right now, but I will post it as soon as I can. As soon as I get an e-mail for him, I plan on sending him a link to this page so he can realize the number of people that Bill Armstrong has scammed.

Thanks.

Old 10-04-2007, 11:43 AM

Unhappy Bill Armstrong

I was thinking about calling the banks and check cashing places in the area where all of us sent our money orders, checks, etc. I wonder if that would get us anywhere. If nothing else, it will put them on alert that he is scamming people.

Old 10-04-2007, 11:51 AM

Default Bill Armstrong

Check out this web site I just found. Apparently it's an open forum in Denmark, SC where you can post anything you want.

I think we should all put our info out there and maybe someone will recognize him.

Government & Politics - USA > SC > Bamberg > Denmark

Old 10-04-2007, 02:28 PM

2 posts, read 3,116 times
Default I got duped as well

I got taken for a pair of tickets and have placed a call to the Denmark police department. Today i made a discovery though. I sent a personal check for the shipping cost and noticed that he cashed it and the stamp shows a bank in Philadelphia, PA. Did anyone else send a personal check or track where the money order was cashed at.

Old 10-04-2007, 05:46 PM

Default Bill Armstrong

It's funny that you said the check was stamped in Philadelphia. When I read his ad on Craig's list, I found it in the Philadelphia section of the "For Sale" items. He voluntarily explained to me that the reason he had the ad on in Philly when he lived in SC is because his father, up until the day he died, was an Eagles fan. I really didn't think too much of it.

I guess that was yet another sign that just zipped right over my head.

I'm tracing my money order, and as soon as I hear from the Post Office, I'll post the information on where it was cashed.

Old 10-05-2007, 12:08 PM

17 posts, read 34,574 times
Default Bill Armstrong

Everyone,

I would advise posting this information on any website that may help someone recognize this guy, such as the website for Denmark politics. I would also advise contacting the banks where your checks and money orders were cashed and forwarding this information to the authorities. The number that I have for the Sheriff that is working on this case is as follows. Chief Leroy Grimes at #803-793-4639. The phone was answered as the Denmark police department, so they must be in the same building. Please forward any information that you have to him. It is the only option that I've found right now. Please let me know what the bank says about the check being cashed in Pennsylvania. I wonder if the mail is somehow being re-routed there and that may explain some of the delays in the action by the police department.

Thanks

Old 10-05-2007, 05:16 PM

Default Bill Armstrong

Here is another important email address. I've already sent an email to him asking him to please visit this site. Hopefully I'll here back from him sometime next week.

I'm sure it will be more effective if he receives more than just my email.

Thanks guys!!

To submit an article for the Fraud Alert, please contact Charles Ellison at the South Carolina Department of Consumer Affairs at 803-734-4203 or via email at Ellison@dca.state.sc.us

Last edited by JeanJeannie58; 10-05-2007 at 05:17 PM.. Reason: add corrections

Old 10-10-2007, 09:44 AM

7 posts, read 11,955 times
Default Sent E-mail

I have sent an e-mail to the above e-mail address and still have not heard a thing. I am beggining to think the Denmark police could care less. I have filed a internet crimes complaint w/ the FBI. I will keep everyone posted on what they tell me and who you can talk to there. We will be better off if this can be a federal crime. Anyone else have any luck please let me know!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search