U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 03:10 PM
gob

5 posts, read 7,785 times

Advertisements

Anything new from Denmark or Armstrong? I sent over $400 from Toronto so does that make it International? I am going to be in South Carolina soon and will try to confront the police face to face on this issue. Any news from any one would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2007, 11:31 AM

1,194 posts, read 3,523,371 times
Busted! I found this article on the county newspaper website:

TheTandD.com | Three arrested for Internet fraud in Denmark raid (http://www.thetandd.com/articles/2007/10/13/news/12783436.txt - broken link)

They are spending the weekend in jail. Their arrangment is Monday. I suggest contacting the Bramburg County, SC District Attorney.

Old 10-13-2007, 01:13 PM

11 posts, read 18,479 times
WHOOOO HOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!

Rick

Old 10-14-2007, 12:13 PM

7 posts, read 11,951 times
If anyone talks with the District Attorneys office let me know what the victims of this crime need to do.

Old 10-14-2007, 01:05 PM

9,362 posts, read 22,796,255 times
How about calls to the local TV station to be present at the arraignment?

Old 10-15-2007, 07:48 AM

17 posts, read 34,568 times
Default Woo hoo

Is everyone as excited about this as I am? I got a call on Saturday while I was up north hunting and heard the news. I didn't get a deer, but I never stopped smiling. It looks as though the police were actually doing something all this time. Kinda sorry that I doubted them. Hopefully they get the charges to stick and these three spend some considerable time in jail. Rumor has it, that there were about 130 people scammed by these three........................ Hopefully they get exactly what they deserve.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:39 AM

7 posts, read 11,951 times
I talked with Vic Whetstone, the reporter covering this story last night. He wanted me to let everyone know you can contact him with your story. He is wanting to write about how these people have scammed most of the country. You can click on the story above and his e-mail address is on the story.

vwhets@bellsouth.net

Old 10-15-2007, 11:13 AM

9,362 posts, read 22,796,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerpride2002 View Post
I talked with Vic Whetstone, the reporter covering this story last night. He wanted me to let everyone know you can contact him with your story. He is wanting to write about how these people have scammed most of the country. You can click on the story above and his e-mail address is on the story.

vwhets@bellsouth.net
That is so cool! I hope everyone contacts him. And mention that CD as how you found one another...he is writing about one of the negative aspects of the internet, that will provide the positive side of the power of the internet.

Can't wait to see the rest of the story. Please keep us posted.

Old 10-16-2007, 07:20 AM

1 posts, read 1,764 times
Hearings held for 3 arrested for Internet fraud
By VIC WHETSTONE, T&D Correspondent

BAMBERG -- Bond hearings were held Monday morning for three Denmark residents arrested in connection with Internet fraud following a midday raid of their Carolina Highway (U.S. 321) home on Friday.
Babette Marie Pritchard and William Edward Armstrong, who were each charged with seven counts of breach of trust with fraudulent intent, were represented in bond hearings at the Bamberg County Detention Center by Bamberg attorney William Kemp. Both were released on personal recognizance bonds by Denmark Municipal Judge Myron V. Anderson.
The third defendant, David Allen Pugh, was also charged with seven counts of breach of trust with fraudulent intent. Following his bond hearing, Pugh remained in custody in the Bamberg County Detention Center on a $5,000 cash or surety bond.
Police say they expect to charge Pugh with other violations related to his arrest including four additional counts of breach of trust with fraudulent intent.
Denmark Police Chief Leroy Grimes said his department has received complaints that Pritchard, Armstrong and Pugh allegedly scammed more than $4,000 from consumers across the country who attempted to buy products from them via the Internet.
The three were allegedly involved in a scheme to offer items such as model airplanes, model trains, NASCAR tickets and college football tickets for sale over the Internet. When consumers sent payments for the merchandise to the Denmark address of Pritchard, Armstrong and Pugh, they did not receive the items ordered, the police chief said.
Heading up the investigation for the Denmark Police Department is Lt. Joseph Dingle, who noted that the investigation is ongoing and that more serious charges may be filed against the trio.
Since the initial article about the arrests of Pritchard, Armstrong and Pugh appeared in Friday's edition of The Times and Democrat, this reporter has received e-mails from individuals from Florida, Georgia, Ohio, Michigan, Texas, Oklahoma, California and even Canada who claim to be victims of the alleged Internet scams. They all tell a similar story -- that they were told by the sellers that certain items were being sold at a reduced price because of a sick wife or because of a husband who was killed in Iraq and they needed the money.
T&D Correspondent Vic Whetstone can be reached by e-mail at vwhets@bellsouth.net or by phone at 803-793-3402. Discuss this and other stories online at TheTandD.com.

Old 10-16-2007, 07:43 AM

14 posts, read 22,498 times
OK guys. Are you ready for this. I just got off the phone with the judge who arraigned our "gang" of crooks yesterday. He asked me to please email all of the documentation I have regarding the scam. Here is his email address for anyone else who needs it.

Myron.Anderson@yahoo.com

He was very, very nice to me and I really think he will help us with this matter.

Good luck to all of us!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search