U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 04:48 AM

4 posts, read 6,030 times

Advertisements

Hi, JeanJeannie! I spoke with Lieutenant Dingle Sunday, and he told me almost the same thing -- about making copies of everything and sending it to him, including my canceled check. But he also said to include distinguishing information about myself, like if I'm Caucasian, because he needs to fill out an incident report. I don't think he meant anything untoward; you usually have to include information like that in incident reports. Try not to worry. And he called me back right away, which I appreciate. I also spoke with Vic Whetstone. Awesome guy. And thank you, again -- it was your post that came up when I googled Bill Armstrong. You've been really helpful in giving me all this contact information. And thank you, again, to everyone who has worked to get these crooks. We should all get together and have a big celebration once these people are put away!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2007, 07:44 AM

10,686 posts, read 21,352,339 times
Let me post again how everyone sending information from this thread needs to proceed with caution and needs to double check any names & email addresses posted here.

Most came here via a google search using the same search term. Who knows if one of the "crooks" did the same thing and is actually posting right along with you.

I would hate to think there would be a scam within a scam.

Old 10-23-2007, 07:51 AM

17 posts, read 34,569 times
Default Bill Armstrong

Wow, you actually got to talk to Lt. Dingle? I have left three messages for him, three for Deputy Eddie Williams and two for Sargeant Grimes as well as three to the dispatcher without asking for anyone in particular and asked to file a complaint. She took my name & number and said someone would call me back...... That's eleven phone calls that I have made and I have never heard anything..... What gives? If Lt. Dingle wants my info now, he can return my phone call and ask me for it. Sorry for the venting folks, but this whole deal is starting to get really frustrating. Does anyone feel like we are doing all of the detective work on this? I have already forwarded my information to the judge and e-mailed my story to Vic Whetstone. What else do we need to do? And as far as I know, my name is still not on a formal complaint against this guy. Why? Because I haven't been able to speak to a single person that is supposedly "working" this case...................Uggghhhhh!!!!

Does anyone else feel this way?

Old 10-23-2007, 08:30 AM

10,686 posts, read 21,352,339 times
I just did a little googling:
The Honorable Myron V. Anderson (broken link) - you can back out of the site to see it is in fact the SC court web site.

There's a new article online More charges filed against trio in Internet fraud case (http://www.thetandd.com/articles/2007/10/20/news/12791693.txt - broken link)

South Carolina Attorney General

South Carolina Law Enforcement

South Carolina Justice Department other links

According to citydata - Denmark SC is in Bamberg County SC

South Carolina Association of Counties

According to this page (http://www.sccounties.org/counties/county-courthouse-contacts.htm - broken link) - there is no email address listed for the Bamberg County court clerk

Maybe someone else can dig up more and link to a page from one of the county sites that has a listed email address / phone numbers

btw, it was posted that "Bill Anderson" used a yahoo email addy. I would double check before emailing any "county official" that uses a yahoo account unless it is verified.

Old 10-23-2007, 12:17 PM

14 posts, read 22,500 times
Smile William Armstrong

Hello All,

I spoke to Vic Whetstone last evening because I was so frustrated after my conversation with the Police Department. He promised he would go to the Police Department in person today. Here is what he wrote to me today:

Jean: Met with the judge and the chief this AM and went over a lot of things with them. I suggested that the chief respond to phone calls, etc asap. The judge is going to contact the Federal authorities and the solicitor concerning prosecuting the cases. The correct mailing address for the Denmark police department is 19 Maple Ave, Denmark, SC 29042. Telephone # 803-793-4639. You may copy (cc) with email to me any thing you send to them and they will know this reporter also knows. You may pass this info on to others.
Keep in touch
Vic W.

Last edited by JeanJeannie58; 10-23-2007 at 12:19 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 10-23-2007, 12:34 PM

Default Who else....William Armstrong

I forgot to put this information in my last post.

I spoke to a woman named Joyce Anderson from the Computer Crimes Center at the South Carolina Law Enforcement Dept. (SLED) as suggested by Roselvr (many thanks to you Rose, because I'm glad I called).

Her number is 803-896-7901.

She told me that her department had just received this case on October 17, 2007.

The case number is: #7007-0276

She told me that she would pass my information onto the investigators who are working on the case and let them know that I am willing to send in all my proof of this scam. However, she said it probably won't be necessary, because her files show that the computer that the "gang" was using has been confiscated by the investigators and they will be able to see all of the emails that "gang" received and sent.

That's a wonderful thing!

Old 10-23-2007, 02:47 PM

7 posts, read 11,953 times
Well I am so frustrated right now, I feel like I could drive down to Denmark and give the whole town a piece of my mind. I just got off the phone with Joyce Anderson and she proceeded to tell me that she believes that not much will happen to them, because not one amount is over $1,000 blah, blah, blah. So than after five minutes of no help from her she proceeded to tell me it was my fault for what happened. I am no longer going to waste my time with Denmark Police etc. and I am going to push for the feds to take this on. My sister works in a US Attorneys office and we figured alone with just my fraud alone 5 Federal crimes they committed. I am also going to start contacting TV stations and bigger papers to bring more light to this situation. I am not a person who rolls over easy and I am just as mad at the police department right now as I am at the crooks.

Old 10-23-2007, 03:35 PM

Hi, Lapeerlugnut! I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with Lieutenant Dingle and the whole Denmark PD. Not that it's an excuse, but I think they may be swamped with calls about this. Have you tried calling on the weekend? I called him on Sunday (it was a by-week for the Panthers, right?).
As for you, soonerpride, that's terrible treatment you received from Joyce Anderson. I would think that since there are so many people with complaints that collectively the amount is in the thousands, that should be what matters. Furthermore, why is it that some of us get positive responses and treatment while others are either ignored or are treated rudely by the exact same people? I don't know where any of you are from, but I live in a Chicago suburb; maybe Denmark is such a small town that they're overwhelmed. Let's just be diligent and not give up!

Old 10-23-2007, 04:05 PM

Default Bill Armstrong

Unfortunately, when I spoke to Joyce Anderson she told me the same thing. There is not much they can do if the one crime they committed against me is under $1,000.00. I told her about everyone else who was scammed, and she said it can not be collective total. If it's under $1,000.00 per scam, there is not much they can do.

Mek, I am not trying to be rude or sarcastic, but I truly don't think that the Police Department is overwhelmed with our claims. I've been told that the entire police department is 7 men strong. I've also been told that they are not very experienced.

If we do not get satisfaction from the Computer Crimes Center, I'm thinking about contacting the District Attorney. And I agree with Sooner. I think if we get some media on this, we might be able to do something more.

Old 10-23-2007, 07:21 PM

Hey, Jean!
I didn't take it as rude or sarcastic -- I guess I just try to think the best. I believe it's called naive, gullible... definitely not practical for me. That's probably why I fell for that sob story!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search