U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 11:22 AM

4 posts, read 9,363 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for someone possibly named Bill Armstrong that lives on 4342 Caroline Hwy in Denmark, SC. If you know any information about him please contact me ASAP.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2007, 01:11 PM

310 posts, read 659,291 times
Who Is This Person?

Old 08-16-2007, 12:03 AM

4 posts, read 16,390 times
I possibly have some info. I am still waiting for him to deliver on his end of a Craiglist transaction of which he claims was sent priority mail for Monday/Tues delivery. I am growing increasingly suspect of this transaction. I do have complete address, phone number, Craiglist ID # and email for this person. Why are you looking for him?

Old 08-16-2007, 07:41 AM

17 posts, read 34,571 times
Default I am waiting for delivery

I too am waiting on delivery of something purchased off of Craigslist. I sent payment for four tickets to the upcoming Nascar race at Michigan International Speedway. They should have been delivered priority mail yesterday or today. And I've seen nothing. I sent him an e-mail with no reply. I tried to call his phone, but for the last two days there has been no answer and his mailbox is full and not accepting new messages. I tried again today and sent him a page with my number. Still nothing. I am afraid that I got ripped off. Damn it. I am not sure what action to take now.

Thanks

Old 08-16-2007, 10:28 AM

That is exactly the problem I have had!!!!! I sent him payment and have not received anything via priority mail!!! He gave me the whole bs story about how his wife is sick and and can't make it, blah blah blah. This really pisses me off!! I am going to do what I can to take legal action, but who know what if anything can be done...

Old 08-16-2007, 10:30 AM

From Craigslist website

Who should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
FTC toll free hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
FTC online complaint www.ftc.gov Internet Fraud Complaint Center www.ic3.gov
Non-emergency number for your local police department.

If you suspect that an item posted for sale on craigslist may be part of a scam, please email the details to "abuse@craigslist.org". Be sure to include the URL (or eight-digit post ID number) in your message.

Old 08-16-2007, 11:18 AM

Default Bill Armstrong

That is what I have done. I have sent an e-mail to Craigslist reporting the fraud and I included all of the information that I had including the listing number, his e-mail address, "claimed" home address and his name. I have asked for any information that they can provide so that I may provide it for the authorities. But, I doubt that they will give me anything because of their privacy policies. I have done the same thing with Yahoo, because he supplied me with a yahoo e-mail address. I am trying to stop payment on the money order that I sent, but I believe it is already too late. He gave me the same story about the sick wife....... And I fell for it. I hate getting taken advantage of!!!!! I will be stopping by the State Police post tonight to file a complaint with their fraud division. But do I honestly think it will do any good????? Probably not. But I need to know that I did whatever I could so that other people won't get ripped off like I did. I am so mad right now!!!!!

Old 08-16-2007, 02:02 PM

What address did you email at Yahoo? I would like to follow the same path as you so maybe it will turn the light on for someone... I submitted a complaint to the FTC and my state police.

Last edited by cfelling; 08-16-2007 at 03:14 PM..

Old 08-17-2007, 06:17 AM

The address that I e-mailed was doglover4342@yahoo.com. Which one did he give you?

Old 08-17-2007, 07:58 AM

1 posts, read 4,037 times
My Wife Sent Money On 8/9, He Cashed The Money Order On 8/14.
The Concert Tickets Were For Last Night, So She Missed It. She Contacted Our Local Police Department And Filed A Complaint As You Are Supposed To Do When A Scam Crosses State Lines. She Then Called Denmark Police Dept. In S.c. And They Said They Have Recieved Over 40 Calls About This One Guy And It Was All The Same M/o. Everyone Involved In The Above Posts Should Do The Same And Call The Denmark Police To Push Them To Get This F*ck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search