U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2007, 12:38 PM

3 posts, read 13,088 times

Advertisements

My husband was born in Harrisburg PA and was raised in Marysville PA. He lived with his mother Elva Romaine Morris and sister Harriet Morris until he went to Messiah College. His father's name is Alfred Wolbert according to the back of a photograph he has. He was born 9/13/1941 at Polyclinic Hospital and his father lived with the family for approximately 5 weeks after his birth. He then disappeared and Dick has never known his father.

Anyone knowing a man by the name of Alfred Wolbert who might have mentioned having had a son in the Harrisburg area around that time frame, please contact me. My husband needs to know the whys - if possible - of his father leaving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2007, 01:28 AM
Nay

1 posts, read 2,903 times
Question Can you give me some further information?

Hi PromisedJoy.

I want to do a search for you on Ancestry.com but I need a little more information, if you have it. Do you have any idea of the father's age at the time of your husband's birth? Also, do you have any idea of where the father was born? All I need is a state.
A wild guess on these questions will do if you don't have any specific info.
Also, was there ever any idea that Alfred was going by a middle name, rather than his first name? I've already done a search and have found some men with the middle initial "A" who might be him.

Let me know anything else you might have on Alfred and I'll see if I can find anything for you.

I'm adopted and I've found my birth parents. Even though your husband isn't adopted, I know exactly how he feels.

Nay

Old 12-08-2009, 10:32 AM

3 posts, read 13,088 times
Default More Information

I expect that his father was born some time between 1899 to 1919 somewhere in Pennsylvania. Dick's mother met him when she was working in downtown Harrisburg. We really have very little information on him. The back of the photo identifies him as Alfred Wolbert but the Child Support documents we found identifies him as Alfred Wooley or Woolley. We have nothing more than this.

Last edited by PromisedJoy; 12-08-2009 at 10:34 AM.. Reason: Add additional information
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search