U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2011, 12:35 AM

1 posts, read 671 times

Advertisements

I'm 17 years old and I've been trying for years to get my mom to find my dad for me. She's been putting it off because she doesn't want to make contact with him. She found out where he was living about a year ago from her friend who is a reporter but she won't share the information with me. My father's name is Lee Jay Miller, he should be about 44 years old with brown hair and brown eyes (my mom is blonde with blue eyes, unlike me), and as far as I've figured out, he's lived in various parts of California and in the Quad Cities in Iowa. Davenport and Bettendorf most likely. I was told she left him because of his drug usage, so it could be possible he's spent time in jail. I've found two pictures of men by his name from jails in California, but since he has such a common name, I can't be sure if those are him. If anyone knows a way to find him, it would be very greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2011, 12:50 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,864,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingtherain View Post
I'm 17 years old and I've been trying for years to get my mom to find my dad for me. She's been putting it off because she doesn't want to make contact with him. She found out where he was living about a year ago from her friend who is a reporter but she won't share the information with me. My father's name is Lee Jay Miller, he should be about 44 years old with brown hair and brown eyes (my mom is blonde with blue eyes, unlike me), and as far as I've figured out, he's lived in various parts of California and in the Quad Cities in Iowa. Davenport and Bettendorf most likely. I was told she left him because of his drug usage, so it could be possible he's spent time in jail. I've found two pictures of men by his name from jails in California, but since he has such a common name, I can't be sure if those are him. If anyone knows a way to find him, it would be very greatly appreciated.
Do the dates of the men you found from Ca. jails, match the years when he might have been in Ca?

Do you think he left your Mother in Iowa, and went to Ca., or left your Mother in Ca. and then to Iowa?

What was his approximate age when they split up.
Are they legally divorced?
He could have re-married, and searching for his new relatives could turn up a name or location.

What about your Father's parents, are they a source of help or information?
If one of his parents has passed away, and I hope they have not, their obituary column might be located.
And in many cases, the names and locations of survivors are stated in the obituary.

The good news is that someone you know, knows where he was, as of last year. If you can locate the name of the state, if nothing else, then your search is a big step further along.
I know you said she won't tell you, but at least you know he was alive and well, and at least two people you know, have his location. (your Mother and her reporter friend)

Do you have any idea how the reporter friend located your Father?
Are they a reporter for a newspaper?

Old 10-31-2011, 05:32 PM

1,611 posts, read 1,948,540 times
Because your still a minor and your Mother doesn't want you to fine him you need to come back here when you turn eighteen. There is info out there so please come back when you are eighteen.

Old 10-31-2011, 05:49 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,864,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBillM View Post
Because your still a minor and your Mother doesn't want you to fine him you need to come back here when you turn eighteen. There is info out there so please come back when you are eighteen.
That might be dependent on his, or her, particular state.
It's 18 for Iowa, if they happen to live there.
What age is a minor in Iowa considered an adult

I see it different than 18, all depending on the state.

Last edited by howard555; 10-31-2011 at 06:04 PM..

Old 10-31-2011, 08:11 PM

1,830 posts, read 4,771,110 times
Bill is correct, we cannot help minors against the wishes of their parent/guardian.

The age of majority in the United States is 18, with the exception of Alabama (19), Nebraska (19) and Mississippi (21). City-Data people-search policy is age 18. We do not interfere in parent-child decisions or custodial matters.

The OP is 17 and still in high school. Read OP's post again and you'll see valid reasons why her mother doesn't want her contacting her father at this point in her life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search