Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 10:52 AM

11 posts, read 14,399 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I don't usually do this but I'm desperate. The love of my life, Mr Mark Antonio Martin, emigrated to New York and I've never seen him again. Although we were not together when he left the UK, I still wish we'd kept in touch as I still and always will love him and his well being is never far from my mind. I want to know that he's alright, making his dreams come true and is happy.

He is originally from Jamaica , West Indies, around 5'11, of brown complexion and worked as a barber whilst in the UK. He has brown eyes, his hair is usually kept low, has/had a small moustache, a gold tooth and is of medium build (well he was the last time I saw him) He's in his mid-late 30's now and I have reason to believe that he's in Brooklyn, NY. He may be working as a barber again; quite possibly in the Flatbush area of Brooklyn but I cannot be sure.

If you know him, or a gentleman who fits his description, please email me: rae2211@hotmail.co.uk.

Many Thanks

Rae

Last edited by Rae2211; 11-24-2011 at 10:56 AM.. Reason: Adding details
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2011, 11:28 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,920,525 times
Why don't you try facebook??? Did you move to NYC over this guy?

Although we were not together when he left the UK, I still wish we'd kept in touch as I still and always will love him and his well being is never far from my mind. I want to know that he's alright, making his dreams come true and is happy.

Has this guy ever tried to contact you? Has he contacted you to know that you're alright, making your dreams come true and are happy? I am not trying to sound mean but you sound very desperate/stalkerish over this guy who did not show the interest that you wanted.

Old 11-24-2011, 11:57 AM

Thanks for your honesty. Yes, he did try to contact me through a mutual friend, who, although well meaning didn't give me his letter. She is an older, wiser woman who had watched me get heartbroken once before and she didn't want that again. She never told me everything the letter said only that he was sorry for certain things. I still am friends with her and I appreciate that she did what she thought was best for me and told me things when she thought I was ready BUT I would appreciate hearing what he had to say to from him now that the letter is gone.
No, no, I'm still in the UK , I have not moved!

Old 11-24-2011, 11:59 AM

Oh, and Facebook: I have tried there - no joy

Old 11-24-2011, 12:04 PM

1,355 posts, read 1,920,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae2211 View Post
Thanks for your honesty. Yes, he did try to contact me through a mutual friend, who, although well meaning didn't give me his letter. She is an older, wiser woman who had watched me get heartbroken once before and she didn't want that again. She never told me everything the letter said only that he was sorry for certain things. I still am friends with her and I appreciate that she did what she thought was best for me and told me things when she thought I was ready BUT I would appreciate hearing what he had to say to from him now that the letter is gone.
No, no, I'm still in the UK , I have not moved!
I take back the stalkerish comment. I guess you and this guy have some unfinished business. It sucks that your friend didn't give you the letter. Is your friend still in contact with him? What about his mum and dad?

On the white pages, i found a mark a martin living in ocean ave, brooklyn.
http://www.whitepages.com/search/Map...&site_id=15277

Old 11-24-2011, 12:11 PM

Yeah, I was angry about her witholding it at first but I realised that she acted in what she felt were my best interests; she's old enough to be my Mum and I think a protective instinct kicked in. Unfortunately, she is not in contact with him.

His mother is in Jamaica as far as I know and I have attempted to find her although not avidly because even if I did find her, a phone call saying "Hi, I'm your son's ex-girlfriend..." may be a bit of a shock, even verging on disrespectful. His Dad hasn't been a part of his life as long as I can remember; he hardly ever spoke about him.

I shall persevere however. I have considered hiring a PI in New York if the New Year comes and I haven't found him. I have been looking for him for 8 months already.

Old 11-24-2011, 12:35 PM

Oh wow, thank you for the link to the White Pages, I'll write to that address. I have difficulty accessing a lot of records from over here; some US search sites are set up for US citizens only and recognise my UK IP.

Old 11-24-2011, 03:21 PM

Please see this website for a picture:Home - Mark A P Martin

Old 03-12-2012, 03:38 PM

^^This site is no longer in use.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:47 PM

1,063 posts, read 2,462,138 times
The addresses here may or may not be current, but there are some people with that name, born in the 70's and have or had a Brooklyn address, listed on this page:
MARK A MARTIN in ZabaSearch People Search Engine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search