U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2006, 07:18 PM

1 posts, read 2,107 times

Advertisements

I am an Ellison/Allison family historian and am interested in the Ellisons
who migrated from New Jersey to VA (later WV) in the 1700s.
If your Ellison family traces your Ellison ancestry back to Ellisons
who moved to Augusta and Greenbrier Co., VA (later Greenbrier and Monroe
Counties in WV), please contact me at <yonan at fgi.net>

If you have some knowledge of your family's Ellison ancestry, I am very
interested in learning more about your Ellison line. My Allisons were
originally Ellisons who lived in New York from the 1600s through the
mid-1800s. About 1841, my Allisons moved west to Ohio. However, I know
that the NY, NJ and VA/WV Ellisons/Allisons share a common family history.

Thank you,

Mary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2006, 08:43 AM

6 posts, read 29,761 times
I don't know if this is a possiblility, yet my mother is one of eight brothers and sisters who do not know there ancestory. There story? My grandfather who is Charles Ellison, with his wife Delfia, gave birth to eight children in the Parkersburg area. Some knowledge of family members does exist in Sutton/Braxton County yet little is known. My grandfather, Charles worked for the railroad and retired from that position. Although he has since passed away, we do have some brief knowledge that his father was living under the name Jesse, Jessey, Ellison. His given name was perhaps Edward Lorentz Ellison. Noone knows anymore. A story has passed on that Edward was a frenchman and in the 20's era. That information comes from a couple of signatures whereupon he signed his name with different spellings. Go figure. The craziness goes on for I think that sometimes documentation is at a lost for I was born in Chicago myself without a birth certificate and to this day my biological father writes my name with one preferred spelling and my mother spells my name to her choosing. I do have a birth certificate now, yet the information is wrong. The birthdate....the name....so forth. I just go with whatever.......I know this probably isn't what you were looking for, yet when I contacted one of my aunts with your request, she was curious to see if you had any info on a Edward Lorentz Ellison. Goodbye and Good day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonan View Post
I am an Ellison/Allison family historian and am interested in the Ellisons
who migrated from New Jersey to VA (later WV) in the 1700s.
If your Ellison family traces your Ellison ancestry back to Ellisons
who moved to Augusta and Greenbrier Co., VA (later Greenbrier and Monroe
Counties in WV), please contact me at <yonan at fgi.net>

If you have some knowledge of your family's Ellison ancestry, I am very
interested in learning more about your Ellison line. My Allisons were
originally Ellisons who lived in New York from the 1600s through the
mid-1800s. About 1841, my Allisons moved west to Ohio. However, I know
that the NY, NJ and VA/WV Ellisons/Allisons share a common family history.

Thank you,

Mary

Old 01-09-2010, 10:36 AM

1 posts, read 1,594 times
Hi, My name is Larry Ellison and I am doing a family history of our branch. I had an great grandfather named Charles William Ellison who lived in Kansas & Iowa & Salt lake city Utah. Records show he was born in New York about 1847. ( oral family history gives Chatauqua County New York ) In 1885 census he only gave New York as his birth place, He also gave his parents birthplace as new Jersey. If you have or find info to connect the dots for me I would like it very much. I will give any info you may like from out west. My E-Mail is [EMAIL="Im_Ten_Seven@Msn.Com"]Im_Ten_Seven@Msn.Com[/EMAIL]. Bye for now-- Larry

Old 01-09-2010, 10:00 PM

1,062 posts, read 2,161,193 times
Imlarry ~ The original poster has not been on here since '06 and neither has the woman, named Mary, who only posted one time. You might be better off contacting her by the email address that she left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or