U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 05:59 PM

55 posts, read 136,090 times

Advertisements

I am sorry to hear your father passed before you got a chance to meet him I hope you can make contact with living realitves and hear about his life and maybe see photos of him, God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 06:16 AM

12 posts, read 19,452 times
Thanks

Old 04-13-2009, 05:59 PM

5 posts, read 5,590 times
Your father lived in Shawnee Mission Kansas when he passed . Hello I just found you and I am your first cousin your Dad was my favorite and I was his only neice so he spoiled me. Please reply back if you want to find out more about your "southern roots family"

Old 04-14-2009, 02:19 AM

HI Great to hear from you. It would be great to hear something about my roots. We tried to contact Penny but, she didn't know anything about Germany so she was very upset to hear that Frank had two daughters in Germany. A good friend of hers wrote us a letter a sent some pictures. so yes it would be great to hear from you. Frances

Old 04-14-2009, 10:30 PM

I don't know where to start. First who is your mother? How old are you? Are you still living in Germany? It's upsetting to me that maybe we knew about you and you where just forgotten. When Uncle Frank was in Germany I was 12-13 years old. I was the one that tracked him down when Grandma was dying and he needed to come home and I got on the phone and tracked him to Bonn Germany. That was a hard call to make especially for a 13 year old girl, but I DID IT! That was in January 1972 so it wasn't too long after that he came back to the US.You have an uncle living, my dad Billy Lee, and an aunt Patricia Diane, Uncle Ray the oldest passed in 1988 and PaPa passed in 1990 I think he never got over losing Ray. Billy has 5 children I am the oldest, Patricia has a daughter, Uncle Ray had 3 I believe for sure 2 boys. I am sure Penny was upset hearing from you She never called me to let me know that he had passed, but that is a long story that all families have. I don't know what all you want to know. Just let me know. I have been tracing our family for the past year and have made some progress doing it on my own. best wishes and love to you.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:30 AM

My Mothers Name was Ursula Reiss and she passed in 1993. I am now 34 and I have two Kids Sven is the oldest he is 16 Years and Jason is 8 Years. Yes I still live in Germany but in June we move to Montana. Sorry my English is not so good but I will learn. Its great to hear something from my family. The last 34 Years i hadn't Family. As a child I was give in a Home and nobody from my Family knows about me. So i was alone.So now i am really happy that someone from my family found me. I'm happy about every infomation you can give me.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:17 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,120,472 times
I was reading your story and was very happy for you that you had found some family, at least. Good luck in your move to Montana, a beautiful state.

I was curious about the statement that there were "two daughters in Germany". Was the other one your sister or half sister ? Do you have contact with her ?

Wonderful news !

Old 04-15-2009, 09:45 PM

I met your mother when Uncle Frank brought her to the US If I remember she had beautiful red hair and it was long to her shoulders and that she was tall, of course I was a child of 10-11 years old I do remember her wearing high heels, girls just love those shoes,,HAHA. I have a friend from Germany, she's been in the US for 50 years and still has her accent, so don't feel bad about your English, it grows on you. What takes you to Montana? I guess the weather there is the closest to Germany's so you may feel at home. I am sorry about your mother, you weren't close to her? Uncle Frank died of cancer as I sure Penny told you. He didn't suffer,he found out when he got sick on a business trip and went to the hospital, it was only @ less than 6 months that he passed. Our Grandmother Frances died from cancer also, when your mom and Uncle Frank came to the US she was starting to go for chemotheraphy and radiation treatment so that would have been summer of 1970 or early 71. I have 2 children my son Terry K. is 32years old divorced no children and a daughter Laura Francis is 29 married and has 2 girls and a boy. My husband Terry G. and I have been married 35 years July 26th,and live in Grove Oklahoma. My mother Phoebe and Grandma Frances share the same birthday of July 27th. Our Papa, Uncle Frank's dad and my husband shared the same birthday of November 28th. Every year on our anniversary we go to Memphis and I put flowers on their grave. I miss them so much. It's too bad you never got to meet them. You would have loved them and them you. We do have someone of famous in our family,a cousin Lowell Hayes was Elvis Presley's jeweler he made all of Elvis's jewelry!!! Cool huh? Have you ever been to Memphis? We left there when I was about 9 years old and only went back up until Grandma passed. Papa rmarried and him and my dad didn't see eye to eye on that so we never visited, til I got married and then Papa would come and see myself and Terry after several times of that my dad finally realized Papa just didn't want to be alone. He's buried next to Grandma. We've gone back every year since Papa passed in April of 1990. Did you not live with your Mom? There's so much to tell you about our family it'll take years to hear it all. If you have specific questions just let me know? Who was the friend of Penny's that wrote and sent pictures? Better get to bed I'm babysitting baby Madison tommorrow. Love to all,

Old 04-16-2009, 08:32 AM

5,128 posts, read 10,261,550 times
I just wanted to point out that you can communicate privately by sending other members a DM (direct message). If you click on the members name a little drop down menu will open us and you can chose "send a direct message to .... ".

forum rules, please read them

Old 04-16-2009, 12:47 PM

OK Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search