U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 12:36 PM

4 posts, read 15,171 times

Advertisements

I'VE POSTED THIS IN GENEALOGY BOARDS BUT THOUGHT I WOULD TRY THIS. AM TRYING TO DO A SEARCH ON THE BROCK FAMILY THAT RESIDED IN GRANTHEM, NC. I WENT THERE ON VACATION A FEW YEARS AGO AND MET A FEW FAMILY MEMBERS THAT LIVE IN THE AREA. GRANTHEM IS A VERY SMALL TOWN OUTSIDE OF GOLDSBORO AND SOME OF THE BROCK FAMILY STILL LIVE THERE. I HAVE TRACED THE FAMILY BACK TO A WILLIAM BROCK PROBABLY BORN AROUND 1790 - 1800 AND PROBABLY LIVED AROUND FAYETTEVILLE. I BELIEVE HE WAS MARRIED TO MARY ? DOES ANYBODY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT WILLIAM?? A CHARLIE G. BROCK B1883 WAS MARRIED TO A CUZZIE ? AND LIVED THERE IN GRANTHEM. IF ANYBODY HAS ANY INFO ON THIS FAMILY I WOULD SURE APPRECIATE ANY INFO AT ALL. I AM TRYING TO DO A FAMILY TREE FOR THE BROCK FAMILY THAT MOVED TO FLORIDA ABOUT 25 YEARS AGO....AND AM HAVING A HARD TIME FINDING ANY INFORMATION. IT APPEARS THAT ALL THE AREA BROCKS ARE RELATED AND I AM JUST TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2007, 05:29 AM

14,939 posts, read 10,224,837 times
I AM TRYING TO DO A FAMILY TREE FOR THE BROCK FAMILY THAT MOVED TO FLORIDA

I do know Margret Brock in the Florida panhandle.

Old 10-13-2007, 11:49 AM

4 posts, read 15,171 times
Default Margaret Brock

No I Am Sorry I Don't Know A Margaret Brock From The Panhandle Of Flroida. I Don't Think She Is A Part Of The Immediate Family I Am Researching.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:12 PM

1 posts, read 4,402 times
Default Brock Family in North Carolina

Not really sure how to communicate on this website. I am "Replying to Thread". My husband, Robert J. Brock is the son of Butler Brock from North Carolina (city or town unknown). We know very little about my husband's paternal family. Butler Brock served in the US Army from about 1950 - 1965. He had a brother named Lee Brock and I believe he had another male sibling. Butler Brock married Mary Elizabeth Gaspa from Provincetown, MA in 1952. They met at a dry cleaners store near an Army base in New Jersey. We've heard that certain members of the Brock family were shot for bootlegging, but have no proof of this information. Any information you can provide will be most welcomed.
Judy (Owen)Brock

(name unknown).
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLOOZI2 View Post
I'VE POSTED THIS IN GENEALOGY BOARDS BUT THOUGHT I WOULD TRY THIS. AM TRYING TO DO A SEARCH ON THE BROCK FAMILY THAT RESIDED IN GRANTHEM, NC. I WENT THERE ON VACATION A FEW YEARS AGO AND MET A FEW FAMILY MEMBERS THAT LIVE IN THE AREA. GRANTHEM IS A VERY SMALL TOWN OUTSIDE OF GOLDSBORO AND SOME OF THE BROCK FAMILY STILL LIVE THERE. I HAVE TRACED THE FAMILY BACK TO A WILLIAM BROCK PROBABLY BORN AROUND 1790 - 1800 AND PROBABLY LIVED AROUND FAYETTEVILLE. I BELIEVE HE WAS MARRIED TO MARY ? DOES ANYBODY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT WILLIAM?? A CHARLIE G. BROCK B1883 WAS MARRIED TO A CUZZIE ? AND LIVED THERE IN GRANTHEM. IF ANYBODY HAS ANY INFO ON THIS FAMILY I WOULD SURE APPRECIATE ANY INFO AT ALL. I AM TRYING TO DO A FAMILY TREE FOR THE BROCK FAMILY THAT MOVED TO FLORIDA ABOUT 25 YEARS AGO....AND AM HAVING A HARD TIME FINDING ANY INFORMATION. IT APPEARS THAT ALL THE AREA BROCKS ARE RELATED AND I AM JUST TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW.........

Old 06-22-2009, 08:19 AM

7 posts, read 25,575 times
Default Brock family

My father father's family is from Grantham. My GGgrandfather was William Kelly Brock, my Gfather was William Franklin Brock Sr, my father was William Franklin Jr. William Kelly fathers was John Calvin Brock. William K was married to Armentherie Jackson, W F Sr was married to Eloise Singletery. They all lived and died in North Carolina. Unfortunately, I can not find the death reconds on W f Sr. My dad died in 1968. William K's other children were Walter Thomas, Hattie (Byrd) and Addie (brock)(she married a Brock). Walter and Addie are buried in Grantham Community at Brocks Cemetery. It is real close to Brock road. My husband and I will be going there this week, so I can find out more. William K and Armenterie are not buried at Brock's cemetery. At least that is what I can tell from death certificates and newspaper account on William k. Looks like not only was he a farmer but a "road gang" supervisor. He was very well respected in the community, according to the paper. As I find out more, I will be glad to share. Would love to know some "distance" cousins. Thanks

Old 07-02-2009, 07:45 PM

Default Brock Update....

I had posted that my father's family was from Grantham. That is wrong. There is a connection there. My Great Aunt Addie Brock married a Brock. And that is the family that lives in Grantham. She and my great uncle Walter Thomas Brock are buried at that familys cemetery. My father's family was from Robeson and Cumberland County. I know that sometime in the 30's my GGrandmother and Great Uncle Walter moved to Dudley. And lived in that area and Goldsboro for the rest of their lives. She died in 1936 and he died in 1941. I found WK and Armentheria Brock graves at Oak Ridge Cemetery in St Pauls. Very exciting. Haven't found my Gfather grave. There is also another Great uncle that died at 15 months..but have no idea where he may be. Also John Calvin and Ada Brock.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:13 PM

Default Robeson Brocks continue

Working on another rabbit trail...found a Willie Lee Brock that died 10/10/1945 in Aiken South Carolina Same age, and death date of Wm Franklin. List wife as Rosalie Rodgers Brock. Died of cancer. This is no doubt my missing grandfather, wm franklin brock. In Willie Lee's , death notice it lists Mrs Larry Brock and Mrs Hattie Lee Byrd as his sisters.
Why the name change I don't know..Rosalie would be his second wife. His first wife would be my grandmother, Eloise Singletery of Bladen County. Wm Franklin left his family sometime in the 30's. He went by Frank. The reason I went to Aiken, was some info my fathers sister, Margaret, gave me. She said she heard he lived somewhere around Aiken, and that someone sent word to my father that he was dying of cancer. Doing research now, to see if I can find out if Willie Lee or Wm Franklin is buried at Rose Hill Cemetery in Marion South Carolina. What a trip this has been.

Old 11-01-2009, 06:24 PM

Default William Franklin Brock

UPDATE:
Wm Franklin changed his name. He went by Willie Lee (on death certificate) and tombstone reads William Lee. A mystery. He died 10/10/1945, and is buried at Rose Hill Cemetery in Marion, South Carolina.

Old 11-15-2009, 03:45 PM

His tombstone reads William Lee Brock

Old 01-27-2011, 05:51 PM

Have made some great progress since I started my research. One thing I found out was that the Brocks Grantham, North Carolina, is indeed part of the Brocks I have been reseaching. Looks like 1st cousins married each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or