U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2012, 02:52 PM

18 posts, read 82,724 times

Advertisements

I was placed for adoption at birth in 1962 in New York. My birth mother was 14-15 yrs old and lived in the Carolinas (I was told South, but I'm finding names in the North). Her family placed her on a train and sent her to an unwed home in New York , where she had me and before she disappeared from the hospital she named me. She is a black female and as I stated she was 14-15 yrs old at the time. She named me Sharon Spellar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 03:00 PM

45,269 posts, read 88,551,127 times
Maybe this website will help? There was a home in Durham and one in Charlotte. Good luck in your search

http://www.whentheboughbreaks.net

Old 02-26-2012, 04:07 PM

Will see what this site can help me with. I thank you for that info. Just a reminder that I was born in an unwed home in New York and after my birth she left me and went back to N.C.

Old 02-28-2012, 04:20 PM

Cool names of unwed homes in 1962

anyone know names of unwed homes in NYC, near King County Hospital around the year 1962?

Old 02-29-2012, 09:41 PM

2,115 posts, read 6,450,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danies View Post
anyone know names of unwed homes in NYC, near King County Hospital around the year 1962?
Maybe ask this question in the NYC forum - about the names of homes.

Have you tried locating a Black female in the Carolinas named "Sharon Spellar"? I'm thinking someone as young as your biological mother, coming from the South, may have named you after a relative. Possibly even her own mother. Or her grandmother.

May I ask, where did you get the information you're working from - your birth name, your bio mom's info. etc? I'm just brainstorming.

If she "disappeared" from the home after your birth, are you sure she returned to the Carolinas or is it a guess?

Good luck!

Old 03-07-2012, 09:07 AM

My adoptive parents told me about my roots as much as they know. There is more information but, that would be discussed when I locate a family member for security purposes. I have not tried that name but, that sounds like a good idea. Thanks alot

Old 03-07-2012, 12:03 PM

2,115 posts, read 6,450,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danies View Post
My adoptive parents told me about my roots as much as they know. There is more information but, that would be discussed when I locate a family member for security purposes. I have not tried that name but, that sounds like a good idea. Thanks alot
I understand about security. I will send you a DM. I wish you the best of luck in your search.

Sara
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search