U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 07:17 AM

81 posts, read 187,933 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a Jerome Sturdivant (Sturtevant)- last name could possibly be spelled differently. He might be in his mid 60s, give or take a few years, was a Police Office or involved in law enforcement in the Atlanta, GA area. His father was also involved in law enforcement at perhaps a correctional facility in the ATL area back in the day. I am a 39yo woman living in Baltimore and only have good intentions. If you are Jerome or know Jerome, please contact me.

Last edited by cyntg; 04-13-2012 at 08:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 12:53 PM

1,830 posts, read 4,769,631 times
We don't give out contact info on police/correctional officers as we have no way of knowing if we are putting them in harm's way. Try contacting Atlanta PD and request they forward your contact info to him.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:43 PM

Thank you. I understand that he is no longer a Police Officer and hasn't been one for years. I would appreciate anyone's help - I have been looking for a long time.

Warm regards.

Old 04-14-2012, 06:50 PM

1,830 posts, read 4,769,631 times
Doesn't matter. Vendettas can last a lifetime. A prisoner can do 20 years and then hunt down the officer, judge or lawyer he blames for putting him in. So we chose to to err on the side of caution. Sorry.

Old 04-14-2012, 08:41 PM

1,611 posts, read 1,947,702 times
How about politicians???

Old 04-15-2012, 06:04 PM

Good grief. I'm not a prisoner. I am a grown woman trying to find her biological father. Your support may be misguided..from what I know he was kicked off he force for some illegal activity. You may very well be protecting the "prisoner" himself.

At any rate, if anyone else has any information, I would appreciate your posts - and feel free to contact me.

Warm regards.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:20 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,118,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyntg View Post
Good grief. I'm not a prisoner. I am a grown woman trying to find her biological father. Your support may be misguided..from what I know he was kicked off he force for some illegal activity. You may very well be protecting the "prisoner" himself.

At any rate, if anyone else has any information, I would appreciate your posts - and feel free to contact me.

Warm regards.
These people are offering a service free of charge and they are trying to be ethical. Don't put them down for that. They have no way to confirm who you really are. They have been wonderful in assisting people where they can. Unfortunately, you have bumped up against a rule they have found to be prudent.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:45 AM

And I, unfortunately for me, feel differently. Clearly, people who post on this site are asking for help. Many probably in my shoes who have exhausted many other avenues but haven't given up. I donít think it's polite to tell someone who is trying desperately to find a long lost family member, stumbles upon this site and feels hopeful, that they might as well hang it up, based on the profession of the person. That seems irrational to me. If you want to help someone out of the goodness of your heart - just do it. That rule is so arbitrary. Who is to say that the person that you help find their children isnít a child molester and that could be the reason they lost contact?? You never know. If you are going to help, then do it..people like me would truly appreciate it. But if you arenít going to help, then at least donít harm and discourage the people seeking - or dash their hopes. Just donít respond. I was almost in tears reading that response.

Once again, if anyone would like to respond to my post with helpful information, please feel free to contact me.

Warm regards.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:41 AM

19,822 posts, read 56,009,102 times
We also don't help find minor children for the reason you stated. I find it curious that in your first post you didn't mention that it was your father you were looking for.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:53 PM

My example wasn't limited to minor children. Molested children still grow up - it doesn't lessen the victimization.

I am looking for my father but what difference does that make? He could be my uncle or a neighbor or a long lost co-worker. Wow this site is unbelievable. You ask for help but all you get is discouraged and attacked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search