U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 08:58 AM

13 posts, read 14,665 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone!

I really need some serious help!
I have spent countless amount of days looking for my half-sister and I have very little to no luck finding her. I have never met her and would love to one day get the chance to just talk to her. If you could please give me some tips on how to try to find her or if you know some information, please let me know. Your help is greatly appreciated because I am running out of option. I have included the information that I do know about her below.
Thanks so much for taking the time to read this!

Deborah Faye Miller (Birth Name)

Born: April 30, 1954

Born In : Ellis County, TX

Mother: Edith Margaret Norton

Father: Gerald Milton Miller

*** I have found out from relatives that she has been married before, maybe even a couple of different times. I do not know any of the possible married names.

My email address: jurenanina@hotmail.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2012, 09:59 AM

239 posts, read 409,396 times
Found marriage info
Michael R Mclemore and Deborah F Miller
Marriage Date: Nov 15, 1973 in Ellis, TX

Name: Deborah F Miller
Address:
4802 S Fairfax Village Circle
Spring, TX 77373
Phone Number: 281-209-9045
(found with b-date, maiden name and married name, but doesn't show age...)

maybe somebody can verify this address..is it current?

Good luck

Old 04-14-2012, 04:33 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,847,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeHexi View Post
Found marriage info
Michael R Mclemore and Deborah F Miller
Marriage Date: Nov 15, 1973 in Ellis, TX

Name: Deborah F Miller
Address:
4802 S Fairfax Village Circle
Spring, TX 77373
Phone Number: 281-209-9045
(found with b-date, maiden name and married name, but doesn't show age...)

maybe somebody can verify this address..is it current?

Good luck
I see the same address.
I do find a Deborah F. Miller age 46, in that city, age not a match.
Possible relatives of Tracey and Dorothy.

Hope you find your sister soon.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurenanina View Post
Hello Everyone!

I really need some serious help!
I have spent countless amount of days looking for my half-sister and I have very little to no luck finding her. I have never met her and would love to one day get the chance to just talk to her. If you could please give me some tips on how to try to find her or if you know some information, please let me know. Your help is greatly appreciated because I am running out of option. I have included the information that I do know about her below.
Thanks so much for taking the time to read this!

Deborah Faye Miller (Birth Name)

Born: April 30, 1954

Born In : Ellis County, TX

Mother: Edith Margaret Norton

Father: Gerald Milton Miller

*** I have found out from relatives that she has been married before, maybe even a couple of different times. I do not know any of the possible married names.

My email address: jurenanina@hotmail.com
Does half sister means step sister to you?
So you two had the same Mother, or the same Father?

I'd try to locate Gerald Miller. His name may be the only name, you show above, that has not changed.
Edith could be remarried and so could Deborah.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:11 PM

Exclamation Help is so appreciated.

Wow Everyone! Thanks so much for your time and efforts, you have no idea how much this means to me!

Deborah would be my half sister because my father (Gerald Miller) was married to Edith Norton before he actually married my mother. Gerald and Edith had Deborah and then for some odd reason my father moved away and started a different family, which is my family and no one can locate Deborah. My father, Gerald is dead. He died in 2007 and was no help in finding her. He barely spoke of the life he had before meeting my mother. This is why this is so important for me to find her because I really want to get to know her and know about the life my father shared before he made a new. My mother knows nothing about her or his ex-wife. My father only has one living close relative who is his sister Geneva Thurman and I can't seem to get a correct phone number to contact her. I had a number for her in Grand Prairie, TX, but it is disconnected and she is not dead which I found that out by my cousin who is my dad's brother's daughter and whom I have never met and does not feel the need to share any information or contribute to the search of Deborah. This is why I am at a loss. I am so alone in this search and there doesn't seem to be much to work with. Please let me know if you can come up with anything else.

Thanks everyone!!!!

Old 04-15-2012, 12:22 PM

Do you have any evidence that your Father and Edith had other kids beside Deborah?
If, by luck, they had a son, his last name does not change as life goes by.

When did your Father leave Edith?
If it was many years ago, she may have remarried = new name = still out there to be found.

I'd direct some of your attention to looking for Geneva. She would be Deborah's biological Aunt.
Phone calls can be very stressful. Maybe an address for Geneva turns up, and you write her a letter to explain who you are and why you are writing. At the same time, remember that not all long lost relatives are desiring to be re-united. Go slow.

Maybe Thurman was Geneva's married name or she did not marry = her name is still Geneva Thurman.

How old would Geneva and Edith be, if they are still alive and well?

Old 04-15-2012, 12:29 PM

Geneva Thurman
2160 Sycamore St, Paris, TX 75460903-785-5769

Paris is about 90-100 miles NE of Grand Prairie, but luck has helped find alot of people.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:52 AM

I have not found any evidence that Edith Norton is actually dead, but at the same time I haven't found any information to suggest she is still alive. If Edith is still alive, I would assume that she would be in her 70-80 age range.
I spoke with my aunt Geneva only a few months ago, but recently her number was disconnected and a living cousin of mine was supposed to give me her new number but she has still not done so. When I spoke with my aunt Geneva, she had no information in regards to Deborah's where abouts or even any of her marriages. It is more than obvious that no one wants to help, or they are just not wanting to tell me anything. I don't know for sure, but that isn't going to prevent me from trying to find her.
Geneva would be in her 80-90 age range and I know she is still living.
I also know that Deborah was his only child, there were no sons.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:04 AM

Then time is an issue with Edith and Geneva, as both are over age 70. Hopefully they live to be 105. If not, then at some point, some of the names you have, are no longer able to be found.

In some cases, hopefully not yours, people do not want to open any wounds of the past. And rather to share information with someone that says they are related, it is easier on their life and emotions, to just make it go away = they won't tell anyone anything.

These searches have numerous stop signs. You have to go around them.
--------------------------------------
Your step sister can be assumed to be married.
That may be your only search details going forward, if all the others won't talk, or have already died.

The "living cousin" may be one of your best pathways at this point.
Maybe others on this forum can help you further.

As far as those who are deceased, or become deceased, if you can locate their obituary it can provide names of survivors. I once located an obit for someone in my family and the funeral home told me who paid for the funeral and led me to other names.

Maybe someone who lived in the same neighborhood as your sister and her parents, still lives there. They may be alot older, but they may also know details you need.

Continued good luck on this.

Old 04-16-2012, 11:32 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,786,665 times
Found some info on the family tree in this link...

Emma Dixie (or Dixon) Yarborough - Southern Dynasties

Scroll down the page (to the bottom) and you will see the names of Jerald (Gerald) Milton Miller and Edith Margaret Norton and their daughter Deborah Faye Miller, born 4/30/1954.

It seems that at some point Deborah married a Coriel Deryl Riley and they had 4 children.

Last edited by ElizNJ; 04-16-2012 at 12:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search