Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 07:38 AM

10 posts, read 13,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
If Lu Chi Nguyen is a man's name,
can Lu Jan Nguyen be a woman's name?

------------------------------------------------------
Phone calls can have a variety of results.

If they are comfortable receiving a phone call from a person they may not know, and if they are the person being looked for, and if are wanting to be found, the phone call may work fine.
If any of the 3 if's, or any of the 2 and's, don't match, then the results can vary, from good to bad or in-between.

Hope you find your Uncle soon.
Thanks Howard ! Yes , Jan Nguyen be a woman's name because sound of woman when i make call to her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2012, 09:26 AM

14,474 posts, read 20,652,743 times
Try to get a copy of his photo and a photo of his parent(s).
Enclose those in the letter. Make it easy for Lu to know that you, or whoever sends the letter, is his relation that he clearly remembers from pre-1990.

Address it to Lu (do you want Jan to open it? )
Send it, so he has to sign for it, and so no one else can accept the letter, but Lu.
He has step children born to Jan or other in-laws, so he surely has a large family structure here in the USA.

Be gentle when trying to enter the life he has had the last 22 years since, he was last heard from in 1990.
He has a comfort level on his end. Respect that comfort level.
He has not sent a letter to Vietnam in 22 years.
You don't know why, you can only guess.
Good luck and keep in touch.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:34 PM

You were given this phone number by the other member.

N Lu
(870) 935-9243
626 Melody Ln
Jonesboro, AR 72401-4965

Have Lu's friends in Chicago call that number and ask for Lu.
Call on a day when Lu should be at home and not working........weeknights or weekends.
If they do not mention your name, or the names of anyone who currently lives in Vietnam, then sending a letter is still an option for you.
If they are asked where they got the number, they can just say they found it on an internet search.
That lets someone try the phone number, and speak to Lu, while at the same time, leaving you totally out of the equation, for the time being.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:43 AM

N Lu
(870) 935-9243
626 Melody Ln
Jonesboro, AR 72401-4965
--------------------------------------------------------------

Phong,
That phone number is shown related to the real estate business, that opened in 2010.

It could be the home's land line phone, at Melody Lane, and it was forwarded to the Rich Cove, during business hours.

With Lu and Jan being age 60+ and likely home nights and weekends, one of your least risky options is to let Lu's friends in Chicago, give that number a phone call.
They ask for Lu and see the result.
Make sure the friend's in Chicago do not mention your name, or Vietnam, on this phone call.
As you remember, Jan hung the phone up on you already, back in March.

This call by Lu's friends in Chicago, can be an "exploratory call."
Meaning it's purpose is 2 fold.
1. It finds out who answers the phone (Lu, Jan, or ?)
2. It may let Lu's old friend's, speak to him. This can be a stepping stone to the friend's in Chicago, telling Lu, they believe Lu's Mother is in bad health, and lead to communication between Lu and his Mother.
Once that is established, you and Lu's brother, etc. are on your way to basic communication, which should be your goal at this point.

Some people rush into phone calls and letters and it ends poorly.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:03 AM

Post back here on your results.
Everyone would like to know how it turns out, for your Uncle, and his Mother and siblings.

Old 05-19-2012, 03:49 AM

I am sending a letter to my uncle at address house #626 Melody Ln - Jonesboro - Arkansas ( I hoping it's True address and he also is living there ) I am waiting to hear from the news and reply from my uncle. And I also trying to find My Uncle information more about " The Marriage records of Lu Nguyen & Jan Nguyen " to hope may to able find his relatives info at US , and next I will try to contact him when he got our a letter already.Please let me know If someone help and knows about " The Marriage records of Lu Nguyen & Jan Nguyen information ".

Old 05-19-2012, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giaiphapnhanh View Post
I am sending a letter to my uncle at address house #626 Melody Ln - Jonesboro - Arkansas ( I hoping it's True address and he also is living there ) I am waiting to hear from the news and reply from my uncle. And I also trying to find My Uncle information more about " The Marriage records of Lu Nguyen & Jan Nguyen " to hope may to able find his relatives info at US , and next I will try to contact him when he got our a letter already.Please let me know If someone help and knows about " The Marriage records of Lu Nguyen & Jan Nguyen information ".
I'm sure someone here, can find marriage records.
It might be helpful to you, also, to know if the married couple had any children together. Maybe the marriage-birth records help you in some way.

Old 05-19-2012, 09:46 AM

Yes . Hope may to be able to find my uncle soon . My grandmother always miss and love him so much. And she is age 87 and her health is not too good now . Only She would like a letter or a call from her son after 22 years losed contact.

Thank you for your help.

Phong Nguyen.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giaiphapnhanh View Post
Thanks hcgcali! I'll try writting a letter to that address . I think.
Sending you a new phone number.
I doubt you need it, with the letter.
The rest is up to your Uncle.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Sending you a new phone number.
I doubt you need it, with the letter.
The rest is up to your Uncle.
So great . My grandmother and my family will very happy when know he is still alive . Thanks Howard , thanks for your help .

Phong Nguyen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search