Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2012, 06:51 PM

4 posts, read 3,306 times

Advertisements

Please I am hoping someone would help me. I was born in hamilton ontario. My father robert matthews was an irishman born around 1926 and was married to my mother irene boucher. She left hinm and possibly moved to Delaware she was born in Albany New York around 1930. She took my sister Shirley with her and she ay have been pregnant when she left. I grew up with a foster family. My mother may have had family in Sherbrooke Quebec. Any info or help I would be grateful. I live in Australia
and my name is dennis matthews
Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2012, 09:54 AM

1,830 posts, read 5,348,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60dennis View Post
my email is rjkm3@bigpond.com
^^^ Just pasting from your other thread so your contact info isn't lost.

Do you know Shirley's birthdate? Aproximately when did they leave?

Old 06-03-2012, 07:11 AM

Default matthews boucher

Thanks
shirley would be about 62 or 63. I think they left to go to delaware in around 1955. thanks so much for replying

Old 06-05-2012, 01:45 PM

I have not found any US records for either of them. Perhaps they remained in Canada? There is a Boucher family in Albany in the 1930 census, but she is not listed - perhaps not born yet. I'll look into those family names and see if anything leads to Irene or Shirley.

Old 06-07-2012, 05:23 AM

Default matthews or boucher

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcgCali View Post
I have not found any US records for either of them. Perhaps they remained in Canada? There is a Boucher family in Albany in the 1930 census, but she is not listed - perhaps not born yet. I'll look into those family names and see if anything leads to Irene or Shirley.
Thanks I thought I replied on the main pager but I cannot see it.
I was told that irene my mother went to delaeare and remarried but I cannot be sure. I was also told that she had family in sherbrooke Quebec. Some years ago I found a boucher family listed in the 1930 census in albany but did not follow this up as I did not know what to do. thanks so much for taking an interest so far. My children ask a limited amount of questions about my annd their family. Sadly I have no answers for them. Ask me anything as you are the first person that has ever replied to anything that I have sent or posted in the past. I was born Dennis Robert matthews but now use the my middle name Rob
hopeful thoughts
rob

Old 06-07-2012, 01:14 PM

I did see a family tree for the Boucher family in Albany, but I didn't write to the owner because there was a message posted to it asking about Irene... I assumed you were that poster and it was a dead end. But I'll revisit it. It's very hard to find women because they marry and few states publicly list marriage license info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search