U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2012, 01:33 AM

7 posts, read 5,995 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone! I'm praying that someone on here will read this and be able and willing to help me in any way shape or form! On April 26, 2009 my best friend in the entire world passed away from pulmonary embolisms resulting from complications with systemic lupus. She was only 51 years young when she passed away. Her death left me without a best friend, and without the most amazing mother that any child could've ever asked for! She also left 3 beautiful children without the grandmother who loved them more than she'd ever loved anything! Since she passed I've been searching trying to locate any member of her adopted family that can keep me connected to her. I don't have a lot of information to go on however so I'm not left with a whole lot of hope, but then I came across this forum and saw how so many people were helping each other on here that I had to give it a try! If anyone is willing to help me in any way shape or form I would be eternally grateful to you! Almost all of the information that I have about the adoption was told to me by my grandmother who was well into her 90's at the time so it may not be completely accurate. My grandfather handled most of details along with their private attorney who was also my grandfather (the adoptive father's nephew) They both passed away when I was very young so I never had the chance to ask any of them about the adoption. I was able to find the original adoption decree in my grandmothers files however so I do have a few basic facts, but they haven't proven very helpful as of yet!

Adoption Details
Adoptee's name at time of birth as listed on original decree was Margaret Louise White (Margaret Louise was given by adoptive parents though so birthmom may have only known her as baby girl white" Adoptive parents were Earl and Eleanor Fairchild of Ripley, Payne County, Ok (15 miles SE of Stillwater) D.O.B Feb. 11, 1958 Stillwater Med Cntr, taken home on 2/15/58 by adoptive parents at 4 days old. Adoptive parents were introduced to the birthmom through a Mrs. Phillips who worked as a cafeteria cook at Ripley public school where Eleanor was a school teacher. Birthmom was possibly divorced and had 2 older children a son abt 17 and daughter abt 13. This pregnancy was kept secret from everyone she knew including her 2 children. The son possibly enlisted in the military abt the time of birth and was being sent to boot camp or somewhere in 2/58. Birthmom was in a hurry to leave the hospital so she could see him off somewhere near OKC, OK. Birthmom may have grown up/lived in at one time/or had family in or near Macomb, Pottowatamie Cnty, OK and was probably full or part native american. When birthmother went into labor the adoptive father drove her to the hospital because the fairchilds attorney who was supposed to was stuck in court in OKC 60 miles away. The Fairchilds attorney was a local Stillwater attorney and president of the Pawnee National Bank and Earl Fairchilds nephew, his eldest sisters son, Everett Berry Sr. The adoption decree states it was finalized on 5/4/58 in Payne Cnty Courthouse, Case #408 and that the birthmom was granted permission to leave the state immediatly following for employment seeking purposes. Think she may have went to Chicago? Mrs. Phillips the cafeteria worker is most likely Emma (Kidder) Phillips (husband Noah passed away abt 10 yrs prior to 58) She not only matches my grandmothers description to a T but she is also the only Phillips I can find that ever worked there. Bmom however could not be one of Emma's daughters, I've confirmed that so has to be a friend or more distant relative. Please someone help me! If you'd like more information about this adoption please visit my website at My Search for A Birth Family - SITE HOME or my facebook at www.facebook.com/babygirlwhite58 or feel free to e-mail me at margaret.white.fairchild58@gmail.com. Again Im the adoptee's daughter, Micah.

*Oh addt'l info to find my moms obituary online google Margaret Louise Hiner (Fairchild) Stillwater, Ok, and the original sealed records are still at the Payne Cnty Courthouse which i petitioned for and was told if I hired a lawyer he'd most likely be able to get them unsealed, but all local attorneys want to charge $800.00+ to do it and being a family with 3 kids in this economy I can't afford so if anyone has any ideas on this route please share!! My reasons for needing records unsealed on petition that are state recognized was for medical history since lupus is hereditary and being denied my constitutional right of receiving indian benefits.

Last edited by right2know; 06-11-2012 at 01:38 AM.. Reason: entire post wasnt pasted
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search