Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2012, 10:45 PM

7 posts, read 7,299 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm trying to find any service records on my grandfather Earl Taylor Fairchild 7/17/1917 born Oklahoma, parents Bertam H. Fairchild and Olivia Miranda (Taylor) Fairchild. Enlisted in 1942 in Oklahoma City, Ok. Listed as an Immeterial Warrant Officer Class:Private single and with no dependents at the time, occupation construction foreman 70 in tall and 150 lbs. I do have his original dog tags, I also know that at some point during his enlistment he was in Egypt, but only because i have a picture of him in his uniform with 2 other soldier on camels sitting in front of the sphinx! Other than that I have no idea anything about his life in the Army! Would like to know what he did exactly, company name, awards or honors, everything i can! Can someone please point me where i need to go or help me get the info!? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 11:15 PM

44,622 posts, read 61,590,826 times
Click on this web site, follow instructions. This is where I got all of my military recorded information. Took about 90 days after filling out the required info before I received the records.
Getting a Copy of Your Military Records

Old 06-13-2012, 10:40 PM

3,021 posts, read 5,849,103 times
It also may interest you to see Earl Fairchild on the newly released 1940 census. You can view the census page by going to www.familysearch.org and search for Earl Fairchild. He's living in Ward 4,​ Enid,​ Enid City,​ Garfield,​ Oklahoma.
Head B H FairchildM68Iowa Wife Olive FairchildF59Kansas Son Earl Fairchild M22Oklahoma Daughter Loranel FairchildF19Oklahoma Grandson Robert FairchildM8Oklahoma Granddaughter Olive Rhea FairchildF7Oklahoma Granddaughter Patty Lou FairchildF3New Mexico

Old 06-14-2012, 02:09 AM

7 posts, read 7,299 times
Thank you everyone so or replying!! I have learned a lot about my grandpa in the last several days but have yet to find out what he did in the army. I do know that he was in the Jungles of Africa at one point though because an article in the Corpus Christi newspaper about the suicide of Robert "Irish Bob" Bell a a boxing champion in the 30's in Belfast Irelands suicide, which states that he came to Corpus Christi after a chance encounter with Earl Fairchild a resident at the time in the jungles of Africa. It was published in 1953. However I really want to learn about his service and what he did for the army so if anyone can answer this for me I'd greatly appreciate it!

Old 06-15-2012, 06:59 AM

239 posts, read 478,481 times
Send a request to the NPRC in St Louis.

National Personnel Records Center
1 Archives Drive
St. Louis, MO 63138-1002

On their website is a form you need to fill out and mail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search