U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 01:15 PM

12 posts, read 8,755 times

Advertisements

I received a letter in the mail giving me information on my family. Thanks to the genealogy department the Grandview library referred me to.

Robert Dean Pemberton 57, Kansas City, died on May 26, 2006, in Kansas City. He had been a sanitation worker for Deffenbaugh Industries.

Born Oct. 1 1948, in Braymer, Mo to Ira and Goldie Martin Pemberton, he had served our country in the Army during Vietnam.

He was preceded in death by his parents; and two brothers, Ira Pemberton Jr. and Jack Pemberton.

Survivors: Brother: Bill Pemberton, Billing, MO. Sisters:Mary Bathgate, Independence, MO, Dorothy Oswald, Grandview, MO, and Donna Wilson, St. Joseph. ; Four Children: Scott Pemberton, and Dena Glenn both of St. Joseph; Joe Pemberton, Indepence, and Jackie Clark, Joplin MO. ; Stepdaughter, Laurie Ricks, Independence, and six grandchildren.

Funeral Service: 11 am Tuesday May 30 at Bram Funeral Home, Hamilton. Visitation: One hour prior to service at the funeral home, Interment: Highland Cemetery, Hamilton. Memorials: American Cancer Society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2012, 09:29 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,872,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redf121 View Post
I received a letter in the mail giving me information on my family. Thanks to the genealogy department the Grandview library referred me to.

Robert Dean Pemberton 57, Kansas City, died on May 26, 2006, in Kansas City. He had been a sanitation worker for Deffenbaugh Industries.

Born Oct. 1 1948, in Braymer, Mo to Ira and Goldie Martin Pemberton, he had served our country in the Army during Vietnam.

He was preceded in death by his parents; and two brothers, Ira Pemberton Jr. and Jack Pemberton.

Survivors: Brother: Bill Pemberton, Billing, MO. Sisters:Mary Bathgate, Independence, MO, Dorothy Oswald, Grandview, MO, and Donna Wilson, St. Joseph. ; Four Children: Scott Pemberton, and Dena Glenn both of St. Joseph; Joe Pemberton, Indepence, and Jackie Clark, Joplin MO. ; Stepdaughter, Laurie Ricks, Independence, and six grandchildren.

Funeral Service: 11 am Tuesday May 30 at Bram Funeral Home, Hamilton. Visitation: One hour prior to service at the funeral home, Interment: Highland Cemetery, Hamilton. Memorials: American Cancer Society.
You may be answering private messages by coming to the forum. Some of your comments on your question seem to answer a question, but we do not see the question. Try answering a comment on this question with a reply on this question.
If someone sends you a private message trying replying to that, not here on your question, but rather in a direct message.

So, the Joe Pemberton listed in the obituary as the son of the Robert who died in 2006, is your Father?

You have to be careful calling people. If you are a stranger to them, then they can become anxious, worried, disbelief that one of their relatives had other children with another man woman.

Ex: If you called me and said you thought you were my step daughter, then this means that my wife had a child with another man. Or I had a child I never knew about, with one of my partners. I might not believe you.

I might feel uncomfortable about hearing this from a stranger claiming to be related to me. I might put an end to my discomfort, be telling you that you have the wrong number, or even hang up on you.
So, phone calls are often recommended on this forum, and some have happy endings and some do not. In many cases a letter gives you more time, than a 3-4 minute phone call to explain who you are, enclose your photo, and let them read your letter in their own privacy and reply back to you with the self addressed stamped envelope you enclosed.
If you wrote me a letter like that, (just an example) then I could read the letter and reply back to you, and not let my wife and kids know.

You do not know which of the relatives of Robert, know about you.
Maybe your Father told some of them, maybe not.
Some may be open arms to your phone calls, other may not.
Sit back and take time to come up with a plan.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So, what is left to be done in your search?

Yes, there are many people willing to help you.
And everyone has different methods and ideas.
I called the genealogy department of that library myself, on your behalf, before I found out you had called.
I'm glad they got that to you, it gives you factual names and cities, and helps you eliminate some of the "maybe names."

Last edited by howard555; 07-01-2012 at 09:39 AM..

Old 07-04-2012, 05:55 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,872,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redf121 View Post

Survivors: Brother: Bill Pemberton, Billing, MO.

Sisters:Mary Bathgate, Independence, MO, Dorothy Oswald, Grandview, MO, and Donna Wilson, St. Joseph. ; Four Children: Scott Pemberton, and Dena Glenn both of St. Joseph; Joe Pemberton, Indepence, and Jackie Clark, Joplin MO. ; Stepdaughter, Laurie Ricks, Independence, and six grandchildren.
If that Robert Dean was your relative, I'm finding one Bill Pemberton in Billings, Missouri.
A small town southwest of Springfield.
But, the obituary was from 2006.
It may or may not be Robert's brother.

Billy Pemberton
208 S Republic St
Billings, MO 65610
417-744-3530

Old 02-19-2013, 04:48 AM

1 posts, read 655 times
I wish I could find my really father or for him to find me his first name is Brian he went to school a moffat county high school with my mother Diane Baldwin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search