U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2012, 08:41 AM

15 posts, read 15,827 times

Advertisements

Hello again everyone. As many of you may know, because my post was viewed ALOT but I had very few replies on it. I had been looking for my biological half sister, who may or may not have been underage. I just had to inform, that even though, I have not been able to make contact, as I am treading carefully in this matter, that she has been successfully located on Facebook. Her exact physical whereabouts are still unknown to me, but the first step is finally complete!!!!

I am proud to say that I would not have gotten this far if not for a member on this site "Howard555"

He is not a professional. Just a normal person like you and I that has dedicated himself to looking for lost family members. All it took was vigilance and patience and extensive amounts of researching, and putting 2+2= 4. Throughout this search, neither of us paid for any people searching tools. It was all a matter of time, and keeping our facts organized and many, many hours of looking for information online. You would be surprised what amount of information you can find on people, information the public, anyone can access if you just LOOK!!!

I have spent 8 years on this search. I believe that one day i will make contact, one day I will meet her, when the time is right. But at least in a way I have located her. This has been my biggest dream since I was 12 years old. Howard555 has helped fullfill my dream and restore hope to my fathers side of the family. There is no way I can express my appreciation enough.

So if you are looking for someone, don't give up hope. No matter how frustrating it may be, no matter how impossible it may seem, THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE. There is no need to shell out a bunch of money for a private investigator, or for those people search websites, because it is a PORVEN FACT, that those sites ARE NOT ALWAYS ACCURATE!!! Think about how many people there are in the US and how many people move, and how many records that would be and how long it would take to update EVERY SINGLE PERSON.

With enough patience, and determination I am sure you will find someone that is willing to help you, they may not be proffessional, and it may take little while longer, but they still do a thorough and excellent job of helping you. Have a little faith and respect for these people. They are giving their time willingly, no cost to them, to HELP YOU!

I hope one day, when my ability to locate information on the internet is a little better, that I can help someone, and give them the overwhelming feeling of pride and accomplishment I have received thanks to someone who helped me, JUST BECAUSE HE WANTED TO.

Happy Searching everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 09:44 AM

1,520 posts, read 2,261,346 times
very exciting!! i agree, no money is needed in many cases to find people. congrats on your progress!

Old 08-22-2012, 12:48 PM

1 posts, read 549 times
it gets hard to keep looking when no one else even cares. It gets so exhausting

Old 08-22-2012, 01:01 PM

64 posts, read 281,140 times
You were lucky to get the outcome that you got, and what you say is true, but there are more complex cases than yours when the advice of a competent professional is better able to lead to a successful conclusion.

Old 09-17-2012, 10:28 AM

4 posts, read 3,360 times
that is wonderful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search