U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 06:14 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,872,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinaAlvarez1127 View Post
My mom full name was Miriam Acosta. She was born December 1 I believe Puerto Rico. She died of AIDS at Lincoln Hospital in the Bronx. She had a brother named Freddy and Milly I was told by my brothers. Luis Acosta is Wilbert And Alex Acosta father. So basically I have two brothers. Miriam Acosta
December 1
July 1986
Born in Ponce Puerto Rico
Please Help Me Find Some Information. I Would Like To Know If My Grandparents Are Alive! Thank You So Much For Your Dedication And Support
I'm not clear on the names.
All the members of my family have a first name, middle name, and last name.

I have no clear idea what your Mother's name was.
One place you say Miriam Acosta.
Another place Miriam Acosta Diaz Ascencio.

I'll just let others help, because the names are not consistent for a search.

If these grandparents and siblings of you Mother were all in Puerto Rico, then you need people in Puerto Rico to help you. If your Mother died in N.Y. there should be a death certificate.
If she was taken back to Puerto Rico for burial, I'd think some of her friends or relatives in N.Y. or wherever she lived (?? where was that) would know about her, in her last years alive. Someone had to take care of the arrangements of her death and returning her to her home land.

Death records require complete, accurate names.
I've found several dozen using all the combinations of the names, Diaz, Acosta, Ascencio.

Maybe others can help you more.
I hope you find the information you want about your Mother's side of the family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 07:05 PM

1,520 posts, read 2,262,460 times
no clue if this is one of them but don't want to lose the link.

Freddy Acosta - Ancestry.com

NAME: F. Acosta
BIRTH:
date
DEATH: dd mm 1988
CIVIL: Puerto Rico or Virgin Island
OTHER: city, Kings, New York, United States of America

one of these might be your mother:
http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/s...&uidh=000&cp=0

Old 07-19-2012, 10:40 PM

14 posts, read 9,903 times
I already posted her name by what she goes by and it was Miriam Acosta. She lived in Alxander Avenue in the Bronx. She died in the Bronx but is buried in Ponce. The first name I provided before I found my brothers was in one of the documents of my sister, but now that I found my brothers they told me that she has always been Acosta. She died as Miriam Acosta. Please Help Me! Thank You

P.S how can I find her relatives in Puerto Rico? How can I start my search?

Old 07-19-2012, 11:07 PM

1,520 posts, read 2,262,460 times
i'd try and find her death certificate. or talk to the hospital or funeral home.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:28 AM

Hi.......
Ask your brothers if they know any of these names:

New York City (Queens, Brooklyn)
Michael Acosta.
Margaret Diaz Acosta.
Hector Santiago.
Marie Padilla.
Eliodoro Acosta.
Maximino Acosta.

All of them related to a Miriam Acosta, from 1986 to 1993.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:25 AM

Quote:
I already posted her name by what she goes by and it was Miriam Acosta. She lived in Alxander Avenue in the Bronx. She died in the Bronx but is buried in Ponce. The first name I provided before I found my brothers was in one of the documents of my sister, but now that I found my brothers they told me that she has always been Acosta. She died as Miriam Acosta. Please Help Me! Thank You

Hi.......
Ask your brothers if they know any of these names:

New York City (Queens, Brooklyn)
Michael Acosta.
Margaret Diaz Acosta.
Hector Santiago.
Marie Padilla.
Eliodoro Acosta.
Maximino V. Acosta.

All of them related to a Miriam Acosta, from 1986 to 1993.

There is a Miriam C. Acosta that lives in the same county as The Bronx. She is the only Acosta that does live in that county.

I'm not finding 1215 Alexander Ave. in the Bronx. The highest street numbers are about 400.
If that address is from before 1986, then the housing units could have been torn down to make way for new construction.

If your Mother died in N.Y. in 1986, then she was taken to Puerto Rico for burial, then all her family are in Puerto Rico. Maybe some other people can help you on a Puerto Rico search. I can not.

So, when your Mother came here to the U.S.A. in what year did she arrive here?
Did she arrive alone and married to ??? or did she bring other relatives with her?
Who came with her, which ones do you know about, and which ones are deceased, if any?

Old 07-24-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Hello, My Name Is Marina Alvarez. I have Two Sisters Named Ivette Lee Diaz and Jeanette Lee Diaz. I was adopted, Ivette and Jeanette were adopted by another family. Ivette found me at the age of 15, and since then we have been unseparable. However, We have three brothers and was told that they are with relatives that I do not know. There names are Alex Acosta Born June 23, 1975, Wilbert Acosta July 10, 1973 and Luis Acosta (birthdate unknown). Ivette and I have tried to find much information as possible, but we run out of luck and back to square one. The sad thing about this is that Jeanette Lee Diaz is in a "Special Home" for children who are disabled due to her severe Autism and Mental Retardation. Please help me find my brothers. Having my two blood sisters in my life is a true blessing, but it would be Awesome to have our brothers in our lives as well. Things happen for a reason and God makes it possible for a reason. I truly feel in my heart that all our questions will be answered and I will be with my brothers someday. Like God made it possible for me, Ivette, and Jeanette to be together after so many years. Our mothers name was Miriam Acosta Diaz Ascencio, and I was told that she died in 1986 when I was only five years old. Can Someone Please Help Me find my Older brothers. Thank You And God Bless.
How far are you from N.Y. City?

Go visit La Paz Funeral home and get copies of the records they have for your Mother.
Many times, the same family, will use the same funeral home, and they may have handled other relatives of yours.
Those records will have the name of the person who paid for the funeral.
The records may have phone numbers for people in Puerto Rico, since there was going to be a transfer from here to there, for burial.
Somebody had to receive the coffin on the Puerto Rico end.
Find out who that was. Surely it was a member of her family.

How old was your Mother when she died?

What is the name of the group home where your sister is located?

How old your Mother was when she died, helps determine if her siblings, and Jessica Vargas, were about the same age.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:49 PM

Quote:
She lived in Alxander Avenue in the Bronx. She died in the Bronx but is buried in Ponce. The first name I provided before I found my brothers was in one of the documents of my sister, but now that I found my brothers they told me that she has always been Acosta. She died as Miriam Acosta.

There should be documents in the records at the funeral home.
I'd take a ride over there, and ask to see the records for your Mother.
Since she was taken to Puerto Rico for burial, there has to be documents with names and maybe phone numbers, or addresses of the person(s) who received the deceased on the Puerto Rico end.
And a family member on that end was there to receive the deceased, and arrange the burial.
I'm fairly sure La Paz can give you alot of that.
You only need one person who knows all about the family, and the family member who accepted your Mother in Puerto Rico after her death, may be the very person to unlock all the details about your other relatives.

Keep us informed on your search.

Old 07-22-2014, 03:53 PM

Hello, Its me Marina Alvarez. Its been one of the greatest two years of my life Thanks to you guys having my brothers with me. Puzzle Complete! I wanted to know and find if there is more family members on my mothers side. My adopted mom mention a cousin named Jessica Vargas that lived in the Bronx. In Addition, My mothers married name is Miriam Acosta. Her maiden name is Miriam Diaz Ascencio. Please help me find my grandparents or anybody that is related to my mother. I need answers and would like to know more about her. Please help me! My brothers father is no help. GOD BLESS YOU AND THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Old 07-22-2014, 04:02 PM

My Mom was married once to Luis Acosta. She was then Miriam Acosta. Her maiden name is Miriam Diaz Ascencio. She had a cousin name Jessica Vargas. She had a brother name freddy and sister named Milly. I belive her father (my grandfather) Guillermo. Please help me Im Desperate. My real father`s name was LEE who lived in the Bronx. I would like to know if he is alive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or