U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 10:28 AM

1,520 posts, read 2,261,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
I got a message the other day, that her Father speaks to his step brother David, and he speaks to Joyce. They appear to have limited knowledge due to their age at the time, and what they were, or were not, told.
so all the byer's are either dead or clueless. i think the only option is to start with linda's birth and move forward. the byer side seems to be a complete dead end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2012, 02:06 PM

10,836 posts, read 14,860,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thgenSF View Post
so all the byer's are either dead or clueless. i think the only option is to start with linda's birth and move forward. the byer side seems to be a complete dead end.
The Byer side had a fibber. William. And he had good reasons.
I would not call my 2nd wife into the room and say, "Dear, I want to tell you all about my first wife, you'll love her." Same for the 3rd wife.

But, he may have told the truth to some of his relatives, step relatives, friends, etc. No one knows.
If I was looking for Linda, I'd pay $10 to see the wills of Frank, Bernice, And William.
They may contain new names like William's closest friend in the whole world, who he could have chosen as his will executor. All stones should be turned over, I think.

Once the wills and/or probate records are in hand, and Joyce, and David, and Nancy, have told everything they know, they heard, they remember, or what they "theorize" might be true, then the Byer side may be near the end of the trail.

I doubt Linda has spent the last 46 years, single either. Her name is likely unknown.

The Op said she did not know if Linda would talk to her son, if he called.
You found one in Roanoke. I found the same one, but a different address in Roanoke.
The phone number for both was the same.

The Op and her Father have to decide if the risk of being told they have the wrong number (when they may have the right number) is worth it.
A carefully written letter and photo can not be transcripted over the phone, in a short conversation. When the uncomfortable party, Linda, might hang up the phone at any time.
Her current husband could answer the phone, and he does not know her past.
A letter lets her read it in her own privacy.

Old 07-22-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
I would not call my 2nd wife into the room and say, "Dear, I want to tell you all about my first wife, you'll love her." Same for the 3rd wife. gosh yeah, here are my three children but they have no mother.

They may contain new names like William's closest friend in the whole world, who he could have chosen as his will executor. All stones should be turned over, I think. might even have the ruby slippers to click and go home!

The Op said she did not know if Linda would talk to her son, if he called. why would she know that? why would you even ask??

The Op and her Father have to decide if the risk of being told they have the wrong number (when they may have the right number) is worth it. (your imagination running amok again)
A carefully written letter and photo can not be transcripted over the phone, in a short conversation. When the uncomfortable party, Linda, might hang up the phone at any time.
i think your imagination runs quite amok. ficticious funerals with long lost mothers knowing when and where all these events are happening and appearing as long lost friends. seriously! i've looked all i'm gonna look. but i think you've been reading too much fiction!

Old 07-22-2012, 02:36 PM

10,836 posts, read 14,860,540 times
I know two different, real people, who found who they were looking for, because of the 2 funerals.
They can tell you how the funeral led them to the names they looked for.

Old 07-22-2012, 03:07 PM

22 posts, read 22,416 times
My Dad knows Joyce so I know she is a real person. I dont know a Martie but I am guessing that its a mis-type and its Martha Maxine Byer. I have never heard of Abraham Byer but it doesnt make sense for that to be Bernice's Father unless they used her Maiden name and changed Franks last name when they got married. My Dad, Mom and Stepmom who all knew Bernice said she was mean and controlling so its very possible that she made him change his last name.
Quote:
do you know who martie m. spencer is? never mind. must be martha.

Search Results - PeopleFinders.com

how about abraham byer?

Abraham Byer (1884 - 1967) Genealogy - Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, (Illinois)

not finding anything that shows william frank had a sister so far.

and this says bernice's father was abraham byer.
Bernice Byer - Ancestry.com

Old 07-22-2012, 03:10 PM

Yes, Nancy knew some about Linda because she took the children in as if they were hers. But William Frank was a liar and very determined to tell the bare minimum about Linda and all that went on between the two of them. I will be calling for the probate records this week once the office is open.

Quote:
William and Martha may have their own kids, or Martha may have had kids before she married William.
Martie M. Spencer could be William's daughter with Martha, and Spencer is her married name.
Or she could be William's step daughter with Martha, and Spencer is her married name.

These kids of Martha, Nancy, etc. are further removed from Linda, who was way back there as wife #1.
No telling who William told about his past. Maybe no one.
I'd think Nancy knew about her, because he had 3 kids when they met.
He had to explain where those 3 kids came from.

Probate records should reveal names (maybe old names, maybe new names)

Old 07-22-2012, 03:13 PM

Joyce maybe a nickname or a middle name. For some reason that family likes to use middle names instead of calling people by there first name. I will call my Dad and find out. Joyce though was 16 at the time of Linda being around so her information is limited. David is the son of Nancy and William Frank so he knows absolutely nothing about Linda except what he has heard from everyone else.
Quote:
I got a message the other day, that her Father speaks to his step brother David, and he speaks to Joyce. They appear to have limited knowledge due to their age at the time, and what they were, or were not, told.

Old 07-22-2012, 03:30 PM

Yes, the Byer's are pretty much clueless. It drives me crazy because they had access to William Frank....the one person who actually had information and they I guess were all just to afraid to ask too many questions in fear of angering him. I have been trying to find Linda's birthday or birth parents because I believe knowing one of the two or both would open a lot of doors into finding Linda but I am just not sure the best way of going about finding that information.

I am convinced that William Frank lied because there is something "fishy" that went on with the divorce. After he was with Linda he even has association with the Hell's Angels I have heard. Nancy knew exactly how he was and it was her 3rd marriage so I just assume something weird happen with their divorce that he felt he need to hid from everyone. He also stayed with Nancy until David was 18 to the exact day almost just so he didnt have to pay child support so that could be the very reason he took the 3 kids from Linda.

I called the number this morning and got an automated voice machine and did not leave a message so I will be calling it back to try and get an answer. The only thing I see wrong is that it says that Linda is 67 and thats a little older than she should be but it could be wrong.

Quote:
Quote:
I would not call my 2nd wife into the room and say, "Dear, I want to tell you all about my first wife, you'll love her." Same for the 3rd wife.

But, he may have told the truth to some of his relatives, step relatives, friends, etc. No one knows.
If I was looking for Linda, I'd pay $10 to see the wills of Frank, Bernice, And William.
They may contain new names like William's closest friend in the whole world, who he could have chosen as his will executor. All stones should be turned over, I think.

Once the wills and/or probate records are in hand, and Joyce, and David, and Nancy, have told everything they know, they heard, they remember, or what they "theorize" might be true, then the Byer side may be near the end of the trail.

I doubt Linda has spent the last 46 years, single either. Her name is likely unknown.

The Op said she did not know if Linda would talk to her son, if he called.
You found one in Roanoke. I found the same one, but a different address in Roanoke.
The phone number for both was the same.

The Op and her Father have to decide if the risk of being told they have the wrong number (when they may have the right number) is worth it.

Old 07-22-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitsrachel View Post
My Dad knows Joyce so I know she is a real person. I dont know a Martie but I am guessing that its a mis-type and its Martha Maxine Byer. I have never heard of Abraham Byer but it doesnt make sense for that to be Bernice's Father unless they used her Maiden name and changed Franks last name when they got married. My Dad, Mom and Stepmom who all knew Bernice said she was mean and controlling so its very possible that she made him change his last name.
i think that may have been a typo. i found a bunch of stuff on an abraham byers so maybe it was another family.

Old 07-22-2012, 03:51 PM

I just called the number you gave me earlier and it wasn't the right Linda but she said her husband's name is Wilber so I guess I can avoid things with Wilber mentioned.
Quote:
i think that may have been a typo. i found a bunch of stuff on an abraham byers so maybe it was another family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search