U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-18-2012, 12:07 AM
 
22 posts, read 22,423 times
Reputation: 21

Advertisements

I am trying to locate ANY information on my Dad's biological Mother. All I really have is his birth certificate and broken stories from his Dad who is now deceased. On the birth certificate her maiden name is Linda Gayle Smith. She signed her name as Linda Smith Byer. The birth took place in Cook County, Illinois. It says that her birth place is Hot Springs, Va(Bath county). She may or may not have been married to William Frank Byer but did have 3 children with him. 2 in sept 1964(twins one boy and one girl). Then my Dad in Sept 1965. It says she was 18 years old at the time of my Dads birth. All and all information or ways/tips to obtain information is much appreicated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-18-2012, 09:53 AM
 
Location: Bay Area
1,520 posts, read 2,261,693 times
Reputation: 794
this looks like a possibility:

Linda S Byer Age 67
6640 Trevilian Rd
Roanoke, VA 24019

Linda Byer Phone and Address | Zabasearch.com Free People Search

here's a listing in new york. do any of those associated names seem right?

Search Results - PeopleFinders.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2012, 03:52 PM
 
10,837 posts, read 14,864,274 times
Reputation: 5095
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitsrachel View Post
I am trying to locate ANY information on my Dad's biological Mother. All I really have is his birth certificate and broken stories from his Dad who is now deceased. On the birth certificate her maiden name is Linda Gayle Smith. She signed her name as Linda Smith Byer. The birth took place in Cook County, Illinois. It says that her birth place is Hot Springs, Va(Bath county). She may or may not have been married to William Frank Byer but did have 3 children with him. 2 in sept 1964(twins one boy and one girl). Then my Dad in Sept 1965. It says she was 18 years old at the time of my Dads birth. All and all information or ways/tips to obtain information is much appreicated.
Hot Springs is about 80 miles from Roanoke.
If she was born in that area of Va. and then gave birth in Illinois, then she would have needed some reasons to leave Illinois and go back to Va. instead of some other state.

There have been several William Byers, and Byer, that died in Illinois.
Is it Byer or Byers?

If your Father was born when his Mother was 18, then he was born in 1947.
That makes your Father age 65. Is that correct?
If the deceased William Byer was 18 when he became a Father, then he would now be age 83.
When did he die?
Where did he die?

Who told you about the twins?
If one was a boy, his last name is still the same. He should be a Byer himself?
Ask the person that told you about the twins, and see if they know more, like a name, a date, a location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2012, 11:48 PM
 
22 posts, read 22,423 times
Reputation: 21
WIlliam Frank Byer(Grandad) was born in 1943 and was 22 at the birth of William Scott Byer(my Dad). My father is 46 years old and was born sept 4, 1965. William Frank Byer and Linda Gayle Smith were married in Jan 1964 in Orange County, Florida. The supposedly divorced when my Dad was 5months old in Virginia which would make the divorce year 1966. William Frank Byer died in Peoria, Az in Aug 2006.

Its Byer.

My Fathers birth certificate states that Linda was 18 when he was born in 1965 which would make her birth year around 1947.
My William Frank Byer(Grandad) was 22 at the birth.

I know the twins. They are my Aunt and Uncle. When William Frank Byer divorced/left Linda he took the twins and my Dad.

The twins birthday is Sept 4, 1964(one year EXACTLY before my dads).
Christopher M. Byer is the male and lives in Round Rock, Tx
Christine M. Byer is now married and has the last name Bird and lives in Washington.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Hot Springs is about 80 miles from Roanoke.
If she was born in that area of Va. and then gave birth in Illinois, then she would have needed some reasons to leave Illinois and go back to Va. instead of some other state.

There have been several William Byers, and Byer, that died in Illinois.
Is it Byer or Byers?

If your Father was born when his Mother was 18, then he was born in 1947.
That makes your Father age 65. Is that correct?
If the deceased William Byer was 18 when he became a Father, then he would now be age 83.
When did he die?
Where did he die?

Who told you about the twins?
If one was a boy, his last name is still the same. He should be a Byer himself?
Ask the person that told you about the twins, and see if they know more, like a name, a date, a location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2012, 06:31 AM
 
10,837 posts, read 14,864,274 times
Reputation: 5095
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitsrachel View Post

William Frank Byer and Linda Gayle Smith were married.

When William Frank Byer divorced/left Linda he took the twins and my Dad.
So, you know of the twins, or you know them and they will talk to you by letter or phone?
Linda was their Mother. Linda is their kid's Grandmother.

Are the twins talking to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2012, 08:22 AM
 
22 posts, read 22,423 times
Reputation: 21
I know the twins and have since I was born. They will talk to me but since they were taken from Linda(their mother) at the same time my Dad was they were way to young to remember anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2012, 08:35 AM
 
10,837 posts, read 14,864,274 times
Reputation: 5095
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitsrachel View Post

William Frank Byer and Linda Gayle Smith were married in Jan 1964 in Orange County, Florida.
The supposedly divorced when my Dad was 5months old in Virginia, which would make the divorce year 1966. William Frank Byer died in Peoria, Az in Aug 2006.

My Father was born in 1965.
When William Frank Byer divorced/left Linda he took the twins and my Dad.

Well they moved around quite often, in a short period of time, which is quite common.
They married in Florida in 1964.
They moved to Virginia and divorced there in 1966.
William Frank left the area and went to Arizona.

"I am trying to locate my Dad's biological Mother. All I really have is his birth certificate. On the birth certificate her maiden name is Linda Gayle Smith. She signed her name as Linda Smith Byer. The birth took place in Cook County, Illinois."

Who was born in Cook County, Illinois?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2012, 08:50 AM
 
22 posts, read 22,423 times
Reputation: 21
My Dad's birth certificate states he was born in Cook County, Illinois.
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Well they moved around quite often, in a short period of time, which is quite common.
They married in Florida in 1964.
They moved to Virginia and divorced there in 1966.
William Frank left the area and went to Arizona.

"I am trying to locate my Dad's biological Mother. All I really have is his birth certificate. On the birth certificate her maiden name is Linda Gayle Smith. She signed her name as Linda Smith Byer. The birth took place in Cook County, Illinois."

Who was born in Cook County, Illinois?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2012, 11:53 AM
 
Location: Bay Area
1,520 posts, read 2,261,693 times
Reputation: 794
quite a few linda g. smith's in here:

SortedByName.com

your grandfather:

BYER, WILLIAM F was born 27 August 1943; received Social Security number Moderator cut: no social security numbers please, which corresponds to Illinois; and died 13 August 2006.

SortedByName.com

no clue who this next one is:

BYER, WILLIAM F who was 47 (born ABT 1943) married 16 AUG 1990 in HARRIS COUNTY, TEXAS, U.S.A. a bride named MARTHA M HARRINGTON who was 46 (born ABT 1944).

Last edited by katzenfreund; 07-22-2012 at 08:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2012, 02:06 PM
 
Location: Bay Area
1,520 posts, read 2,261,693 times
Reputation: 794
lots of Linda G. Smith's just in VA:

Linda Gayle Smith Phone and Address | Zabasearch.com Free People Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top