U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2006, 02:55 AM

4 posts, read 13,668 times

Advertisements

Hello from Scotland! I am new and this is my first post.

I am trying to research my family history and I understand I have a Great-Grandfather who came from Butler, KY.

His surname was Browning. I do not even know where to START. I cannot even find a number for a County Registrar. Does Butler even HAVE one?

Any help would be MOST appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2006, 07:37 PM

Location: I have been living in southern California for 6 1/2 years.
1 posts, read 3,301 times
Default Finding family in Butler Co.

Hi there,
I am originally from Butler County and I have heard that a good place to check is with the Library. I live in Ca. and have been working on my family history via the net. Ancestry.com is a great place. You can find virtual cemetaries and everything, a good place is to check is the cencus records for those names. Hope this helps. Like I said I have done al of mine so far online. The Mormon Church would also be a good place to call the number to the Family History Center is 1-270-842-7148. They have records on everybody.

Good Luck and Happy hunting!

Old 02-06-2007, 09:13 AM

Default Thanks for your help!

Thank you so much for the telephone number and the suggestions! What a great help you are! Thanks again!!

Old 02-06-2007, 05:41 PM

850 posts, read 2,906,138 times
Hi Dylan! I typed in Butler County Kentucky at Google and the links below popped up. I think they may help tremendously.

Butler County Kentucky Genealogy and History
Butler County, Kentucky Census Records

Good luck to you ! Oh - and make sure it is Butler county Kentucky, as there is a Butler Kentucky also (city)

KimmieyKY

Last edited by Yac; 10-30-2007 at 01:15 PM..

Old 02-20-2007, 12:43 PM

Default Thank you!!

Kimmie, that is brilliant!!! Thanks so much for the links! I do hope I can find out some more information about my great grandfather!

Old 12-07-2007, 02:22 PM

1 posts, read 3,011 times
If you want to research about families who lived in Butler, KY you can access the E. E. Barton Files at the Mormon Family History Centers. E. E. Barton was a lawyer form Pendleton County, Ky who researched the families from that area and assembled his research which was kept in files that were ultimately transferred to the library and then copied for the repository at Salt Lake City. You could then order the Browning file and find out about your family. Pamela
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search