Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 02:40 AM

1 posts, read 16,764 times

Advertisements

This just came across my mind. I'm wondering if my father had any other children. I'm not sure when he met my mom or for how long they dated. But I do know they were together and well here I am. My dad really wasn't in my life, but I can't help but wonder if I have any siblings. The most I have to go with is his name which is Dennis Niles and that he was last known to live in Elmria NY. My mom is from Ithaca NY. I'm not really worried about meeting any of my siblings if I have any. I'm just wondering if there's a small or rare chance that I have any brothers and or sisters. After all anything is possible. Maybe I'll get some answers. If not no big deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2012, 03:49 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,924,999 times
do you mean Elmira? middle name? is he alive?

http://www.zabasearch.com/people/dennis+niles/ny/

Dennis Niles - Ancestry.com

Search Results - PeopleFinders.com

Search Results - PeopleFinders.com

Old 09-15-2012, 05:54 PM

2,457 posts, read 7,377,582 times
This will sound negative, but I would stop "wondering" about it. It can cause you pain if you dwell on it, and what if there are half-siblings out there, so what?

I had a close friend and we looked like brothers but were raised in different parts of the USA. If we were together there was a distinct difference in our looks, but when we were alone, people often called one by the other name. I would tease him and tell him we may be brothers because my Dad moved around a lot. He would just grin at me. Years later he died and his obit showed that his Mother had never been married . I often think of the pain I probably caused him with my smart comments which were not meant to be serious. So what's my point ? Dad did "move around a lot" and personally I choose not wanting to know if I have half-siblings out there. There is nothing to be gained except to satisfy your curiosity.

Old 02-12-2015, 11:09 AM

1 posts, read 14,224 times
I don't know if you are ever gonna see this reply but you do have several brothers and sisters. Most of whom actually still live in elmira, including me.

Contact me at Aredsquare@gmail.com if you ever read this.

Old 02-18-2015, 12:09 AM

941 posts, read 1,914,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasSlim View Post
This will sound negative, but I would stop "wondering" about it. It can cause you pain if you dwell on it, and what if there are half-siblings out there, so what?

I had a close friend and we looked like brothers but were raised in different parts of the USA. If we were together there was a distinct difference in our looks, but when we were alone, people often called one by the other name. I would tease him and tell him we may be brothers because my Dad moved around a lot. He would just grin at me. Years later he died and his obit showed that his Mother had never been married . I often think of the pain I probably caused him with my smart comments which were not meant to be serious. So what's my point ? Dad did "move around a lot" and personally I choose not wanting to know if I have half-siblings out there. There is nothing to be gained except to satisfy your curiosity.
What does this have to do with the OP? If the OP didn't wanna know, he wouldn't ask. Everyone has a different situation, and yours made no sense. I was expecting you to say the friend ended up your sibling. But it didn't.

Anyways to the OP, I felt the same like you, and thanks to City Data, I found a sibling. We occasionally keep in touch and I am thankful for that. Wish you luck and keep up with your search, you will find out something.

Old 01-10-2019, 04:49 PM

3 posts, read 23,381 times
I'm wondering if my dad had any other children he wasnt really around much with my mother but he did live in cumming and Gainesville near flower branch. His name is Dwayne Chester martin he's 36 and I'm just curious and if I do I would really like to meet them and if anyone has any answers or advice gmail me at lildwaynemartin@gmail.com
I know he had another son with my mom but the kid was put up for adoption please someone help me figure this out.

Old 01-10-2019, 05:02 PM

Hey, I'm also wondering if my dad had any other children other than me and my brother. He moved all of the place like in cumming and near flower branch which I know he had affairs with other women but I'm not really sure but this has been on my mind for years so, I did some research on his side of the family and most of his inmeditant family are ether dead or want nothing to do with me so maybe one of you could help me solve this I guess. His name was Dwayne Chester Martin thirty-six and if you have any answer or questions email me at lildwaynemartin@gmail.com

Old 01-10-2019, 07:44 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,981,722 times
Is this him? https://www.rapsheets.org/georgia/do...YNE/0001105790

Old 01-25-2019, 03:33 AM

Yes. That's him

Old 02-02-2019, 10:41 PM

1 posts, read 7,563 times
Hello. It seems like others may be getting some response here, so I'm going to try as well. I've been searching to find out if my father had other children, too. His name was William John Pierson, last known to live in Greensburg, PA. He died in 2008, and he was not involved in my life, hence my trying to find out if he had other children. If you have any information, please text me at 814-259-1262.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search