Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 05:00 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,924,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara Vargas View Post
man I need to read better did not see that he married a lois.

let me start over Clarence and Delores had three kids a set of twins Jean and Jane then they had my mother Barbara.
The twins were adopted by Clarences sister and my mother was adopted by Pete and Lois Schur when my mom was 3 months old. Pete and Lois Changed her name to Marilyn Georgene Schur.
okay... now we're back on track. so you don't know about another wife named lois? could be this is a different clarence. could be just a mistake. i don't see a record of him marrying helen either so who knows!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2012, 05:03 PM

14,454 posts, read 20,630,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Have you called the Davis Anderson Funeral Home to try to see if they have a copy of the guest list?
Have you tried the above?

You'd be looking for all names, that you do not already have.

There are 14 people named in the obituary. 6 are the pall bearers but one of them uploaded the obit to that website. He may be the husband or son of Clarence's sister Effie Mae.
The obit names both his sisters and their names at the time of his death were Schwab and Watts.
Have you tried to find them?

Have you communicated with all 14 of those people?
Somebody on his side of the family knows something.
Since Clarence is deceased 15 years now, there may no longer be a reason to hide "a secret" if you happen to contact the right person. That might mean contacting all 14 of them.

All you are looking for, is a location or a middle name, anything, to begin a search for Delores.
I'm sure, if any of those 14 persons know a name or location, they have little reason against telling you, so long after Clarence's passing.

Old 09-16-2012, 05:09 PM

14,454 posts, read 20,630,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara Vargas View Post
The twins were adopted by Clarences sister.
Don't you think his sister knew something, anything, about Delores, since she adopted her twins?
He has 2 sisters named in the obituary.

Have you talked to both of them?

Even where she adopted them (in what city) would at least give a starting location to look for Delores.
Right now her location is anywhere USA.

Old 09-16-2012, 05:47 PM

1,097 posts, read 2,045,683 times
I know you are not looking for Rasure stuff - but often you can get to people through back doors. Clarence was the son of Nora & Jasper Rasure. Jasper died B4 1940. Clarence had 3 sisters - Lorraine b. 1913; Elinora b.1923; & Effie 1926. [this from 1930 & 40 census records for Macoupin, IL]

So what it seems is Clarence took at least the twins home to IL.

Dolores Wolfe should be in the 1940 census - and though you could not use her name Wolfe now, it is possible she had male siblings who might be easier to trace.

Old 09-16-2012, 06:50 PM

28 posts, read 38,490 times
ok Just talked to one of my mothers half sisters I will paste what she said.
first he was married to your moms mom,( Delores) they had Jean and Jane (twins) Jane has passed. She left Clarence and so he gave the kids to his sister to keep, they adopted them. Then she came back and she got pregnant again, had your mom and she did not want to keep her either so they gave her to their friends for adoption, the Schur. Then he married Lois in Kentucky, then he met my mom (Pat Whittion) and they dated for a couple of years, even lived together a while, she got pregnant with me and then he left her. He was married to a women only know here first name and it was Georgia and then married Helen Sanders.
Also found out that my moms full birth name was Barbara Sue Rasure. Still working on Delores middle name

Old 09-16-2012, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Don't you think his sister knew something, anything, about Delores, since she adopted her twins?
He has 2 sisters named in the obituary.

Have you talked to both of them?

Even where she adopted them (in what city) would at least give a starting location to look for Delores.
Right now her location is anywhere USA.
yes we talked to Clarences side and they say they no thing

Old 09-16-2012, 07:16 PM

so clarence (born 1928) was 21 when your mom was born in 1949. and the twins were already born. so delores could well have married him right after high school. here is the 1940 census for delores wolfe (and varied spellings). there is one in maryland.

https://familysearch.org/search/coll...ion_id=2000219

Delores Wolfe
Maryland
Herbert Wolfe
Indaline Wolfe
Ward 9, Baltimore City, Baltimore City, Baltimore City, Maryland, United States

one in delaware but different spelling.

Dolores M Wolfe
Delaware
Howard J Wolfe
Mary Wolfe
Ward 9, Wilmington, Representative District 2, New Castle, Delaware, United States

here is a delores elaine wolfe born in west virginia in 1932. in that other link above, the father of delores (herbert) was also born in west virginia.

http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/s...&uidh=000&cp=0

West Virginia, Births Index, 1853-1969

Birth, Baptism & Christening
NAME: Delores Elaine Wolfe
BIRTH:
year - Preston

Last edited by 5thgenSF; 09-16-2012 at 07:34 PM..

Old 09-16-2012, 07:47 PM

1,097 posts, read 2,045,683 times
In 1940 there is also 1 in MA.[DE & MA being earlier suggestions for the navy guy to meet Dolores] Both Dolores's have brothers - - for some reason I would start with the Delaware one. brothers were Howard J & William J - no special reason though....

I am patient though - and spend time looking for people through back doors - so I'd try to find Dolores's brothers to find her. Long shot, but if she remarried, harder to find her.

Old 09-16-2012, 07:50 PM

pictures of clarence and family:

Clarence Rasure - Ancestry.com

Old 09-16-2012, 07:58 PM

thats the first lead on her family thank u so much
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search