U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 03:46 PM

10,808 posts, read 14,780,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by conniebostel View Post
Hello everyone,
I just wanted to give you an update.I went to two addresses today.One was at Kelly rd the other at Schley ave and the one at Schley,I found my dad's first cousin.We talked for a moment and she told me that she talks more to my dad's sisters than him,so I left her my name and number.
Did you ask the first cousin to tell you the names of your Father's sisters?
(Or do you already know their married names and locations)

If the cousin passes the message on, or makes a phone call for you, then good.
If you hear nothing in a few weeks, go back to Schley for a re-visit.
Others can give their ideas and opinions, but you could think about proceeding with the information that you have. Which is one name and three addresses that match that one name, from the link provided to you by kevcrawford.
The San Antonio City Directory will let you look up a name and find an address and phone number, if any. Polk and Co. goes door to door like a census or survey to create those books. Major city libraries should have them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2012, 08:49 PM

13 posts, read 13,971 times
Thank you soo much,Howard and everyone that has been apart of my journey.It's like you we're right their with me Saturday.I've started letters that I plan to mail off to the remaining addresses if I don't hear nothing by the end of this week.What was the polk and co that you mentioned in your post,Howard?Is it the same thing you mentioned earlier today about infomation at the library?And I didn't catch the names of my "Aunt's".But I did recall Micaela saying that since the property is still in my dad's name,he still receives mail their.So, I'm sending a letter their also.Thank you everyone for your unselfish acts of kindness.I appreciate every piece of information that I have received since visiting this forum that has been like a missing puzzle piece to my life.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:04 AM

Quote:
What was the polk and co that you mentioned in your post,Howard?Is it the same thing you mentioned earlier today about infomation at the library?And I didn't catch the names of my "Aunt's".
Polk & Co. publishes the city directory. Temporary workers go to houses and businesses. They get the name of the head of the household, the address and phone number. If you only know one of those facts, you look it up and you get the other two.
Give the main SA library a call, and ask them if they have the directory. Even if they do not have the 2012 version, the 2011, or 2010 version still lets you look up the name of your Father, or the addresses you have.

Maybe revisit the first cousin, and get the names and locations of your Father's sisters.
His sister's may know more about him that the first cousin does, and the communication may be easier and quicker through his sister's.

His sister's are your Aunt's and they may be very pleased to know they have a niece.

Good luck.

Last edited by howard555; 09-25-2012 at 07:49 AM..

Old 09-25-2012, 09:37 AM

Thank you Howard for all this valuable information.I found the website for the San Antonio Library.They have a list of available resources and database that you can view but searchable information has to be done in the library.I'll let you know what I find their..To be honest,the library is the LAST place I would have looked for any kind of cencus or ancestry records.Thank you soo much for helping me along this process,cause as you can see I was at a stand-still in the progression of my search.

Last edited by conniebostel; 09-25-2012 at 09:51 AM..

Old 09-25-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
I found the website for the San Antonio Library.They have a list of available resources and database that you can view but searchable information has to be done in the library.I'll let you know what I find their..To be honest,the library is the LAST place I would have looked for any kind of cencus or ancestry records.Thank you soo much for helping me along this process,cause as you can see I was at a stand-still in the progression of my search.
The current City Directory would let you use the addresses you found from the link given by Penquin927, (comment #2 above) and the name(s) you have, to cross reference each one, and match them up.
The addresses may give you new names.
The names may give you more addresses.
The names and addresses may give you phone numbers.
My library has the 2010 City Directory. It won't find people or addresses or numbers from the past, but it current as of the date of it's publication.

Good luck on your trip to the library, to look up the name you have and the addresses you have.

Old 09-28-2012, 01:25 PM

Does anyone have a MyLife paid subscription?I'm asking because I sent my dad a message a while back.I left my phone number,but it's changed since then.I have a basic account and it kills me that I can't even send a message without being re-directed to the subscriptions page to select a payment...

Old 09-28-2012, 01:41 PM

1,520 posts, read 2,252,461 times
Quote:
Does anyone have a MyLife paid subscription?I'm asking because I sent my dad a message a while back.I left my phone number,but it's changed since then.I have a basic account and it kills me that I can't even send a message without being re-directed to the subscriptions page to select a payment...
i don't know what that is but i would not bother with a pay site of any kind. if somebody then also has to pay to retrieve the info. it is unlikely it will ever be found. so you have a valid addresss so far but no phone number? and you haven't been to that address yet?

Old 09-28-2012, 01:51 PM

1,520 posts, read 2,252,461 times
according to the web, he married in 2001. have you tried to contact his wife?

Sylvia Lomas Phone and Address | Zabasearch.com Free People Search
CLETO LOMAS married SYLVIA A FIERROS on May 4, 2001 in Texas

Groom: CLETO LOMAS
Born: 1944 or 1945
Bride: SYLVIA A FIERROS
Born: 1954 or 1955
Marriage date: May 4, 2001
County where license purchased: BEXAR COUNTY, TEXAS

Old 09-28-2012, 01:54 PM

I've been to two addresses,Kelly rd in Atascosa,tx and Schley ave in San Antonio,Tx.The Schley address was where I found my dad's first cousin.I gave her my name and phone number and she said that she'd give it to my dad's sisters because they are the only ones she talks to.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:09 PM

Quote:
I found my dad's first cousin.I gave her my name and phone number and she said that she'd give it to my dad's sisters because they are the only ones she talks to.
The City Directory will give you the phone numbers, for all 3 of the addresses that you have not visited.
Keats Ave
S. State Hwy 16
Vickers Ave

The first cousin may not give the message any time soon, and you may not even need her help, once you visit the library and 3 other addresses. Maybe tomorrow is a good day to take a trip up there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or