U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 03:58 PM

3 posts, read 3,996 times

Advertisements

Hello, I have begun to search for my father I have never met again! I am not going to give up.
The only piece of information I have is a picture of him when he was 18.
He is said to be from the Dallas-Texas area. He graduated in 1971. His name is Cleveland Washington.
Attached Thumbnails
Searching for my FATHER again!-zenos1368.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2013, 04:18 PM

36 posts, read 93,806 times
Good luck with your search.

Old 02-10-2013, 08:27 PM

6,268 posts, read 12,903,757 times
If you know he graduated in 1971, and if you know where he graduated, you should contact the school for more information about him, they would have his SS#, DOB, etc. With that, you should be able to find him easily.

Good luck.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 02-12-2013 at 10:30 PM..

Old 02-11-2013, 07:15 AM

287 posts, read 402,625 times
I'm not a professional researcher but I did an internet search and came across three Clevelands who live or lived in Texas:

Cleveland D. Washington in La Marque, Texas (near Houtson) who is now 63 years old. In 1971 he would have been about 20 years old, so maybe too old for your search..No address or phone, however.

There is also a Cleveland Lee Washington who is 59 years old who lived in Tyler, Kilgore, and Houston TX ...

and another Cleveland who lived in Romney WV, Richmond VA and Houston TX...also 59 years old.

Sorry no phones or addresses for any of them...but maybe it's a start for you...
Good luck.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:20 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,843,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by europeanone View Post
I'm not a professional researcher but I did an internet search and came across three Clevelands who live or lived in Texas:
Cleveland D. Washington in La Marque, Texas who is 63 years old. In 1971 he would have been about 20 years old.
There is also a Cleveland Lee Washington who is 59 years old who lived in Tyler, Kilgore, and Houston TX ...and another Cleveland who lived in Romney WV, Richmond VA and Houston TX...also 59 years old.
Sorry no phones or addresses for any of them...but maybe it's a start for you...
Professional? Not everyone can pay for sites, or their job gives them access to records.
Yes, there are long time members who've been very successful in helping people. High success rates.

I differ with comment #3. There are enough people with experiences helping all kinds of people, in all kinds of scenarios, where this forum may be a good starting point if not more.
I can assure you that people I know from this forum, can tell you that an address and phone number can be very far from an ending. Many scenarios require more than that, and the people looking for their friends or family need extra help, and in some cases ongoing support.

europeanone: The information you have found can benefit the Op.
More people like you need to offer help, make suggestions, give ideas.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:53 PM

1,097 posts, read 1,732,801 times
You do have more info that may help - -

when & where were you born?
did you grow up with your mother? if so, where did she meet him? what town?
if not, were you adopted? where?

little pieces that may help
There are 2 TX High Schools who record a Cleveland Washington in their 1971 classes - both in Dallas area; Desoto and WW Samuell.

The Dallas library site says they have a copy of the WW Samuell 1971 yearbook. A call might get a scan from a helpful librarian of the Washington in that book.

If either of these schools have facebook pages you might try there.

Last edited by nj185; 02-11-2013 at 10:02 PM..

Old 02-15-2013, 06:48 PM

1,611 posts, read 1,946,877 times
Sending you a DM with a maybe.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:38 PM

Thank you so much for your help. My mother said that in 1972 he had his driver's license. She says that she thinks he told her that his last name was Washington. I do not know if Mr. Cleveland Lee Washington is an African American male. I did grow up with my mother. She told me that he would come down from Dallas to Houston. She says that he is one year older than her. She is 59. He may have been one year younger. She told me that he went to a Robertta Flack concert in 1972 as well. I don't know if that information will work. Is there a way that I can search for him just by using his first name for his driver's license? If any one of you comes across this picture in a year book, please let me know. Thank you again for all of your help. God bless! I look forward to seeing what other information you find as I continue to search as well.
I am going to go out on a limb and call that number. I am nervous, but I have to find out. Afterall, he is around that same age as my mother.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:41 PM

I was born in 1973 in Liberty Texas. I am not adopted. My mother met him in Houston.

Old 02-16-2013, 01:37 AM

3,901 posts, read 2,725,320 times
Here's a Cleveland Washington who graduated in 1971 from a Dallas Texas high school:

Find Cleveland Washington from W W Samuell High School in Dallas, TX
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search