U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2013, 09:22 AM

2 posts, read 3,554 times

Advertisements

I am helping a friend of mine (James Block) trying to get together with his brother he has not heard from in several years. He is missing him terribly. The long lost brother's name is "Michael Aaron Block" alias's Just and/or Reaper. He would be around 42 years old, 6'4" tall - heavy set, born in Texas, lived in Mobile Alabama, and last known living in New Orleans. Worked as a bouncer at The Dungeon in New Orleans. Has zodiac's tattooed on fingers. Please help me help my friend, I would mean the world to him. Any and all help would be so appreciated.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2013, 06:14 PM

1,611 posts, read 1,947,126 times
I'm still looking for this one. Can't find anything current.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:33 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,847,044 times
I'm sending you details about someone who knows Michael.
Hopefully it will result in at least one letter or one phone call.
Basic communication is about all you can expect right now.

Old 06-15-2013, 04:50 PM

5 posts, read 4,279 times
I am Molly Block. Mike and I lived together in Mobile, AL and then in New Orleans. I remember his brother James. I left New Orleans in 1998 but saw Mike again in 2000 in NOLA. That last I heard, he and his (at the time, NEW) girlfriend Kristina (last name unknown) moved to St. Paul, MN. A friend of mine who I knew in NOLA recently told me he thought that maybe Mike and Kristina had a baby. I cannot verify this! I have lost contact with him and her also. I broke off our relationship in 1998 when I moved upstate to Ruston, LA.

Mike is 6'2" and has lots of tattoos. He has a big Baphomet tattoo on his left leg, above his knee. He has, or had, my name "Molly" tattooed on his left arm. Many other tattoos, but I can't remember them. I still have a couple of photos from way back then.

I wish I could be more help. Josef, I hope you find him! Good luck!

Last edited by blackberrybunny; 06-15-2013 at 05:32 PM..

Old 06-15-2013, 05:31 PM

I think I remember tracking him down in Wisconsin a couple of years ago. But it was never a solid lead. It's amazing how you can find anybody online these days, and yet, there are a handful that mysteriously slip through the 'net. I guess he does not get online, EVER, and this confuses me, since I think Mike would love all of the information he'd find online. I can't imagine anyone NOT getting online these days.....

He worked at the New Orleans School of Glassworks on Magazine St. in the late 90's, but the name has since changed, probably due to Jeannie Blair selling the place, or giving it over to new management, her son maybe?-- who changed the name. But that is a dead lead anyways. He also read Tarot cards in Jackson Square many nights, which was a feast-or-famine situation for us. For all of his creativity and genius, he sure was NOT ambitious about a job! His mother warned me about this!

All I can remember is that I THINK Kristina said she had a grandmother up north and I'm certain it was in MN; I remember finding some tips to their whereabouts years ago, and it all pointed to the St. Paul area and that region.

I wish I still had Mike's SSN#--that might help. He's got to be registered in some state, perhaps at a DMV?

Old 06-16-2013, 06:16 AM

2 posts, read 3,554 times
Thank you Molly, I appreciate the information and I will pass it on to James. I do a lot of Genealogy myself and I have found so many illusive relatives, but it as if Michael Block almost never existed. Thanks again.

Old 06-16-2013, 06:24 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,847,044 times
Did James have any luck contacting Jimmy Paws c/o of the Old Opra House?
Michael was seen in the French Quarter in very recent months by a local resident there.
This would be well after the time periods where he may have been in other states like WI and MN. You or James could call the Opra House and ask for Jimmy or call the Dungeon or write letters to either place.

Old 02-03-2019, 11:08 PM

1 posts, read 258 times
Met Mike in Cedar Rapids Iowa in the summer of 2009. Said he was a Katrina evacuee that had been relocated to Minnesota, but left there because of the cold climate. He is an accomplished street magician who worked at McDonald's and did magic at a farmers market on a couple of weekends. He was arrested for possession of controlled substance and paraphernalia on 9/10/09, and due to those charges and impending Iowa winter he left saying he was returning to New Orleans. I talked to him by phone a couple of times after he left, but then he dropped out of sight. I think he maintained contact with one other person here, I'll try to find his name and update asap.

Old 02-04-2019, 08:06 AM

Hi Karmadogg,
Thank you so much for your post and info. I have since found out that Mike is indeed in New Orleans. I appreciate you taking the time to post after all of these years. I do have some info on him, but I feel it would be wrong to post here, for his privacy's sake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search