Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 05:58 AM

21 posts, read 40,399 times

Advertisements

I am looking for my Uncle John Choctaw Head III. He has been estranged from our family since 2005.

My uncle lived in San Bernardino for many years, then disappeared for a while. He resurfaced when he got out of jail in Los Angeles County for something to do with writing bad checks we think. He contacted his brothers a couple times after getting out of jail, last being around 2003-4. We haven't heard from him since then.

In 2009 I was cleaning out my old email account (i had 14,000+ emails to delete) and i came across an email that was sent to me 3 yrs earlier. The email account was not active anymore and there wasnt any name or contact info. It basically said that they had found my name online and wondered if i was related to John Head. They said they had heard John had passed and wanted to send their condolences. When I showed the email to my dad he needed to find out if john had died and if not he wanted to find him. My other uncle said that the last he heard from John, john said he had cancer but he never called back.

I have searched for record of his death in the CA SSI Death index but he is not listed. I would like to confirm this or find him if I can. I think he may be alive. He was known for some elaborate stories and I'm hoping this was one of them.

His last known address was in the skid row area of downtown LA when he was released from Jail.
He was born in july 15 1944 and was the oldest of three brothers born to John Choctaw Head II and Harriet Toner.

Last edited by SoCal__Kathy; 03-25-2013 at 06:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 10:06 PM

8 posts, read 9,429 times
I am not finding anything either maybe you could call the los angeles county sherriff and they could either tell you or direct you to someone that could tell you he had passed.Maybe he did not have any identification on him and whoever sent the email lived on the streets with him and knew his name that way.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:40 AM

270 posts, read 380,175 times
I'm finding a John C. Head, age 69, and a John C. Head III in various places in CA. Seems to keep coming back to Sunland, CA, Northridge, CA and Los Angeles.

His name is associated with an Aria Jane Eastwood, who is also listed as Aria Eastwood Head, age 62. Last place noted for her was Tujunga, CA. SHE is related to a David A Eastwood. I found a David A. Eastwood at 1239 Richelle Lane #D, Santa Barbara, CA. 805-563-7686

There is also a John C. Head at 9547 Hinton Drive, Santee, CA 92071, BUT, when I do a reverse address, the name that comes up is Laura Mullen, who is 45-49 years old. 619-448-4395 You might call her and see if she knows John C. Head and can give you any information.

This family seems to have originated in the state of Virginia. John Choctaw Head was born on the Choctaw Reservation in 1890, and died in 1959. He died in San Bernadino County, CA.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberta Jennings View Post
I'm finding a John C. Head, age 69, and a John C. Head III in various places in CA. Seems to keep coming back to Sunland, CA, Northridge, CA and Los Angeles.

His name is associated with an Aria Jane Eastwood, who is also listed as Aria Eastwood Head, age 62. Last place noted for her was Tujunga, CA. SHE is related to a David A Eastwood. I found a David A. Eastwood at 1239 Richelle Lane #D, Santa Barbara, CA. 805-563-7686

There is also a John C. Head at 9547 Hinton Drive, Santee, CA 92071, BUT, when I do a reverse address, the name that comes up is Laura Mullen, who is 45-49 years old. 619-448-4395 You might call her and see if she knows John C. Head and can give you any information.

This family seems to have originated in the state of Virginia. John Choctaw Head was born on the Choctaw Reservation in 1890, and died in 1959. He died in San Bernadino County, CA.
Thank you for the response. I believe Aria Eastwood is actually my uncles ex-wife Arla eastwood. She has a son named David. They were estranged a long time ago before we lost contact with him. I don't think she had any contact with him, but its worth a try.

I've done my genealogy on the Head's back to 1665 and yes they did come from Spotslyvania Virginia. You have identified John C. Head I. (My great grandpa) He was born on the choctaw indian reservation and died in San Bernardino.

I will try and contact Laura Mullen and see if she knows my uncle or what may have become of him.

Thank you so much. I just wish there was a way to confirm if he has passed away or not. He should be collecting social security, maybe they could confirm.?

Old 04-24-2013, 05:56 AM

130 posts, read 503,287 times
Try the following:

DOB 7/1944

530 S LAKE AVE
PASADENA, CA 91101-3515

OR

3700 S SEPULVEDA BLVD APT 357
LOS ANGELES, CA 90034-6874

Also maybe has registered business in CA as HEAD MANAGEMENT, INC.

Last edited by Riley14; 04-24-2013 at 06:13 AM.. Reason: Take out cell phone #- sorry mods. Will DM OP.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:58 AM

1 posts, read 1,351 times
Default i met a man a month ago.. John C. Head III, DOB JUly 15, 1944

i was wondering if there is any way i could bcontact you and see if the man i met is your Uncle John.... I live in Monrovia, Ca, if possable e-mail me.... [email]kewl_beanz1469@yahoo.com[/email] with a way i could reach you. Thank You...

Old 07-22-2013, 08:51 AM

14,450 posts, read 20,630,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberta Jennings View Post
I'm finding a John C. Head, age 69, and a John C. Head III in various places in CA. His name is associated with an Aria Jane Eastwood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal__Kathy View Post
I believe Aria Eastwood is actually my uncles ex-wife Arla eastwood. She has a son named David. I just wish there was a way to confirm if he has passed away or not.
Kathy,
I have located Arla and she is indeed your Aunt. I'll send you the information needed for you to contact her, and you can expect an e-mail from her as well.
Good luck.

Old 02-07-2014, 09:26 AM

1 posts, read 1,102 times
I am alive. Can be contacted at humblejch@aol.con uncle johnny

Old 03-03-2014, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN HEAD View Post
I am alive. Can be contacted at humblejch@aol.con uncle johnny
This is probably not my uncle and just some poor soul with nothing to do. The email address ends with con not com. and humblejch? I would laugh but its too sad that this guy thinks he's being witty.

of course i could be wrong, but logic tells me that when aol was still around my uncle had yet to be humbled

Moderator cut: please don't assume things

Last edited by katzenfreund; 03-03-2014 at 12:04 PM..

Old 03-03-2014, 12:05 PM

5,167 posts, read 11,434,314 times
This could be an honest mistake, people do make typos, an "n" instead of "m" is entirely possible. But to the OP, be careful until you are sure you are really talking to your uncle.

forum rules, please read them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search