U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2013, 07:05 AM

1 posts, read 2,086 times

Advertisements

Hello Im new here and hope I dont break any rules as I am not quiet sure how to use these forums so if I have posted this in the wrong thread I am sorry.

I am searching for someone in Ireland and boy its a hard job, I live in Ireland so i thought it would be easy but its proven very hard indeed, I dont have a lot of information and any other site I post on no one replies or seems to know anything so this is my last hope
I am looking for a man by the name of Thomas Fay I believe he is from Newbliss Co.Monaghan Ireland, I know that in about 1968 he lived and worked in Patrick Street Dunlaoghaire Co.Dublin Ireland, he worked for a builders providers on the same street at that time.
I dont know if he is still in Ireland I do know that he is no longer in Dunlaoghaire, maybe he is back in Newbliss or may have moved on elsewhere.
If anyone could help it would be great even to trace someone who even knows him anything or any small bit of information would be great as I seem to be hitting brick walls everywhere else
Thank you for reading my post.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2013, 05:00 PM

50 posts, read 108,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyot2003 View Post
Hello Im new here and hope I dont break any rules as I am not quiet sure how to use these forums so if I have posted this in the wrong thread I am sorry.

I am searching for someone in Ireland and boy its a hard job, I live in Ireland so i thought it would be easy but its proven very hard indeed, I dont have a lot of information and any other site I post on no one replies or seems to know anything so this is my last hope
I am looking for a man by the name of Thomas Fay I believe he is from Newbliss Co.Monaghan Ireland, I know that in about 1968 he lived and worked in Patrick Street Dunlaoghaire Co.Dublin Ireland, he worked for a builders providers on the same street at that time.
I dont know if he is still in Ireland I do know that he is no longer in Dunlaoghaire, maybe he is back in Newbliss or may have moved on elsewhere.
If anyone could help it would be great even to trace someone who even knows him anything or any small bit of information would be great as I seem to be hitting brick walls everywhere else
Thank you for reading my post.
Hi, I am from Ireland but live in England many years now.
I have no information for you but presume you have tried to find the name Fay in Monaghan ? Not just Thomas Fay but anyone related to him.
Here we have the Registery which is updated every year. Have you looked up the Birth, Marraiges and Death Registy ? Your best bet is to ask in Newbliss.
Sorry if you have already done all this but the family name must still be around.
Either the Fay name or even in-laws of that name.
I have been on my own search for a half brother, BUT in Canada. I had very limited info but kept going.
I think I am close now after 12 years of trying.
Never give up.
The people on this site who help are wonderful.
Someone might direct you.
Good luck.

Old 04-10-2013, 04:42 AM

50 posts, read 108,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joaniebabyuk View Post
Hi, I am from Ireland but live in England many years now.
I have no information for you but presume you have tried to find the name Fay in Monaghan ? Not just Thomas Fay but anyone related to him.
Here we have the Registery which is updated every year. Have you looked up the Birth, Marraiges and Death Registy ? Your best bet is to ask in Newbliss.
Sorry if you have already done all this but the family name must still be around.
Either the Fay name or even in-laws of that name.
I have been on my own search for a half brother, BUT in Canada. I had very limited info but kept going.
I think I am close now after 12 years of trying.
Never give up.
The people on this site who help are wonderful.
Someone might direct you.
Good luck.
Just to add to my commnets. Co Monaghan of course is classed as Northern Ireland. Maybe they have to register each year also as it it under British rule ?
There must be a Surname of Fay there surely ?

Old 08-23-2016, 11:26 AM

1 posts, read 1,039 times
Default CULBERT surname/location

trying to locate the surname Culbert that originally came from Ireland. Originally form southern Ireland from what I do know. Three brothers were boiler makers came to US, and I would like to know more about my family. Looking for info on tartans, locations, etc.

Thanks much,

Old 08-23-2016, 12:04 PM

15,265 posts, read 12,566,166 times
Culbert Families of Ireland this might be a start.

http://ifhf.rootsireland.ie/surnames...urname=CULBERT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search