U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 09:29 AM

149 posts, read 218,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
She may need more then a few days. I had some kind of virus in April; it sucked the life out of me. If she has what I had; it comes on fast & takes time to recover from.

There are tons of topics on City-Data that should keep you busy lol
Btw; if other adoptees are looking for family & do not live in a state like you do; they can try $99 Genealogy test 23and me which may help them figure out their family tree.

I do have other family including a brother in Colorado but I am not ready to go down that road, I think right now if I reach out to someone else I will go off the deep end, I need to focus on just my sister first before adding to the family tree
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2013, 11:18 AM

10,670 posts, read 21,344,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBoyDC10AA View Post
I do have other family including a brother in Colorado but I am not ready to go down that road, I think right now if I reach out to someone else I will go off the deep end, I need to focus on just my sister first before adding to the family tree
Not you; adoptees that do not have access to their OBC.
You do not need more on your plate lol

Old 06-02-2013, 07:23 PM

well I got myself into trouble today because I am not talking to my sister (she is sick) I can't knit (I tore a tendent in my thumb) so I did the next best thing and went shopping and bought several pairs of shoes including a new Pair of Christian Louboutin's and a pair of Prada.

Moderator cut: off topic, please, let's stay on the people search topic, not shopping... thanks

Last edited by katzenfreund; 06-04-2013 at 08:31 PM..

Old 06-03-2013, 08:48 AM

Did you think about the shoes or did you just jump?
I bought an expensive (to me) bag. I thought $150 was bad; they usually go for $300! It's addicting so be careful

Old 06-03-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Did you think about the shoes or did you just jump?
I bought an expensive (to me) bag. I thought $150 was bad; they usually go for $300! It's addicting so be careful

Those I thought about, In fact it is funny I went to the store today to pay for them and after trying them back on I decided not to get the Louboutin's but I went with a more expensive Charlotte One that was on sale for the same price as the Christian and they are red all over and a higher heel. and I did find out they can't repair the shoe Sigh

Old 06-03-2013, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBoyDC10AA View Post
Those I thought about, In fact it is funny I went to the store today to pay for them and after trying them back on I decided not to get the Louboutin's but I went with a more expensive Charlotte One that was on sale for the same price as the Christian and they are red all over and a higher heel. and I did find out they can't repair the shoe Sigh
Does doggy need to find a new home?
I haven't bought heels in 20 years. Not sure I'd ever spend that kind of money on a purse or even a leather jacket. I'd rather have a few things then 1 expensive piece

Old 06-03-2013, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Does doggy need to find a new home?
I haven't bought heels in 20 years. Not sure I'd ever spend that kind of money on a purse or even a leather jacket. I'd rather have a few things then 1 expensive piece

No doggie is still loved and it was an accident, so Doggie is alright alive and very well. I know when I first and I remember it happened when Grandma died last year, I went on a spending spree and the first thing I bought was a $6500 chanel bag and a pair of Jimmy choo's (I am a huge heel and Bag person) once I did that now it is like nothing .... Don't get me wrong I try to by all my designer's shoe's when they are on clearance vers regular retail (the Christian Louboutin's rarely will go on sale) so I did buy them at full retail today I was able to buy a much better shoe for $8 more then the Christian regular retail price The one's I bought retailed for a grand and I got them for almost 50% off which was a good deal. I have been trying to be good with bags (I am up to 9 Chanels now and Promised the Hubby I wouldn't buy anymore bags for a while) so I am trying to be good

Old 06-04-2013, 08:26 AM

close to 50% off is a great deal! That's how I feel about the B Makowsky bags I've bought. I've paid full QVC price for a few that I know are not in stores because the leather is exclusive to QVC.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:14 AM

Quote:
close to 50% off is a great deal! That's how I feel about the B Makowsky bags I've bought. I've paid full QVC price for a few that I know are not in stores because the leather is exclusive to QVC.

I know Last year at this time, I was able to get a YSL in turquoise that sell for $1,395 they where on clearance and just got put out when my hand was right next to it on a different shoe and I saw it and it was my size, I bought it for $526 dollars
Attached Thumbnails
Help me get started-ysl2.jpg  

Old 06-04-2013, 09:18 AM

Quote:
I also try really hard not to buy retail unless it is something I really want and know that it will never go on sale (Classic Chanel will never go on sale) I love going to the Designer Resale shops, I in fact went a few weeks ago and was able to find a Chanel suit in my size vintage with black owl face button's they marked it down to $400 I took it to the Chanel boutique and they told me to replace it, it would cost me over $10,000 and they no longer make the little owl face buttons I got it for such a steal I was so excited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search