Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 07:17 PM

103 posts, read 313,084 times

Advertisements

I am getting quite confused

What type of birth certificate do you posess?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2007, 01:01 AM

143 posts, read 466,276 times
Here is a link to the Ohio Dept of Health.

Adoption - Prior

According to this site all adoption records before 1964 are now open. You can get your adoption records derectly from them.
Below is what the site says:
Section 3107.38 of the Ohio Revised Code provides that an adopted person whose birth occurred in this state and whose adoption was decreed prior to January 1, 1964, may request in writing (notarized affidavit form) and two items of identification attached to the request, may receive copies of the contents of an adoption file.

Old 11-04-2007, 07:56 AM

21 posts, read 92,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcikles View Post
I am getting quite confused

What type of birth certificate do you posess?
the one i am told by the state and county, to go by, is a live birth certificate that once belonged to another individual. from what i've been able to remember, she died in august of 1960. the state and the county, where i saw this information on her gravestone, does not show a death for her. as you can imagine, someone(s) did not report the death for a very good reason. my second adopted father, and last, was practicing ancient jewish mysticism. the generation before him "all" married first cousins which he and his sister called "double cousins" or "like royalty". it's all about keeping the blood line strong just like the egyptian pharoahs did. the egyptian pharoahs, just as all royalty after them, deemed their origins to be that of one specific god. in fact, there was at least one pharoah who had herself declared a god. so, i suppose the hebrews, of whom my second adopted father includes his ancestors, brought this idea back to the holy lands with them. from there it progressed to the present day. in his case however, he chose to take advantage of an even stronger blood tie by choosing to make a baby with one of his sisters. i was told that he raped her in order to accomplish this. he spent his early adult years raping at least three of his sisters prior to this one. in any case she gave birth to a female child. this child's name and birthdate as it appeared on that gravestone in an ohio county, bears my name and birthdate as well as a death date. furthermore, my adopted father, each and every memorial day, placed a long-stemmed red rose on that grave and sobbed over it. one year he talked to the person of that grave to say he was sorry he wasn't there when "she" (and he looked back at my second adopted mother) hurt her. then he said "they" should not have done that to her. he was saying all of this rather loudly in the graveyard as he sobbed and cried tears that fell like a waterfall down his face. clearly he loved this child. we'd never seen him shed a tear before or for many years after. when i confronted both of them about this matter of the gravestone, both threatened my life. mom said if i didn't quit digging i'd end up just like that girl, dead. dad's threat on my life was more sutile but i got the point of it. the stone was removed by someone from that cemetery and i haven't seen it since. there are at least two other family members who remember this stone, what was on it, and what dad did with it every year without fail. since mom said the girl was an abomination before god i suspected her story of dad raping his own sister must be true. one of my sister's thinks so too. we know this aunt had a child at home and it supposedly died. when they told the story of this i sensed they weren't being truthful about the child dying or it's sex. from an incident later with this aunt, she clearly believed i was that child. this may be why mom died my hair blonde, to keep this aunt from discovering that her child was actually dead and buried. she'd been to that cemetery where the grave was though and also seen how dad behaved at that grave. maybe the trauma of it all caused her to deny that this could be her child. i don't know and she's now passed away. mom passed away in 2005. dad and this aunt's husband are both now in their 80's. i had hoped that this uncle would seek to clear his conscience before he dies but that hasn't happened yet. confronting him would mean a phone call would go out to dad to tell him about it after i leave. this would put me and my grown kids in danger not to mention grandchildren who'd be at risk.

now, i was given an "amended birth certificate" when i was 16 so i could take my driver's test. dad told me not to look at it or i'd be hurt. so, i didn't until the woman at the registrar's office made me look at it. she read the name off as beth ellen miller, twin birth, a birthdate which was "not" 10/19/1958 and a set of parents who were not mine. the woman pointed all this out to me just as the county nurse had done with me concerning my health card at school. i did not connect the two events or even remember the first one. i suspected dad was trying to tell me by this that i wasn't a blood relative of his so it was ok to be his squaw. ewwww!! it makes my skin crawl to think of it. anyway dad did tell me that the amended certificate was my birth certificate but refused to tell me why i had been given the other one and told that it was mine for so many years. he said i was never to talk about this or to ask him about it. of course i spoke up to do just that seeing this was nuts!! he hit me with his forearm so hard it knocked me to the floor and bloodied by lip. so, there's the answer to your question i hope.

patty

Old 11-04-2007, 06:26 PM

103 posts, read 313,084 times
I wish it was any easy answer for this. . but I can only hypothesize...

How many of your brothers and sisters are missing? Are you missing the twin?

I ask, becaue they way I am understanding it, is that the death of that child could most likely be your twin. Hence the issues at school, and so forth. You were simply given the wrong birth certificates (natural and ammended). Or your father used the wrong certificates at yours sisters death. Hence why the gravestone left, cause it had your name on it. Could be why he was so upset. Hense why he did not want you to see that it happened when you acuually saw your birth certificate at the school.

Stuff like that can hurt a lifetime you know. A tradegy and major heartbreak and then the memorial wrecked by an error. Can send anyone downhill.

See,
Your ammended birth certificate should only list your name, your birth date and your birth city. If they were to list names it would be the names of your adopted parents.

How did you get married and get a social security card?

Why did they adopt you if they were into interfamily relations such as that mysticism you were talking about? not very K O S H E R.
I reaad up on the subject. Secret only amongst THREE.

ineteresting

in any event I wish you the best of luck, and live well !

Last edited by darcikles; 11-04-2007 at 06:48 PM..

Old 11-05-2007, 06:25 AM

Quote:

I ask, becaue they way I am understanding it, is that the death of that child could most likely be your twin. Hence the issues at school, and so forth. You were simply given the wrong birth certificates (natural and ammended). Or your father used the wrong certificates at yours sisters death. Hence why the gravestone left, cause it had your name on it. Could be why he was so upset. Hense why he did not want you to see that it happened when you acuually saw your birth certificate at the school.

Stuff like that can hurt a lifetime you know. A tradegy and major heartbreak and then the memorial wrecked by an error. Can send anyone downhill.

See,
Your ammended birth certificate should only list your name, your birth date and your birth city. If they were to list names it would be the names of your adopted parents.

Why did they adopt you if they were into interfamily relations such as that mysticism you were talking about? not very K O S H E R.

ineteresting

i've no idea how many natural brothers and sisters i have. my twin was still alive as of 1991 when i last saw her in lancaster, ohio. she looks just like me. the girl in the grave isn't even a blood relative of mine but did exist and did die without her death ever being reported. there was no mix-up for me to get her birth certificate. this was done intentionally by my adopted mother. she was the one that my adopted dad held responsible for patricia ann's death. i've gone to the state vital records office in columbus over 6 or 7 times already with the notoried afadavit in hand and was told they had my records and would make a copy. i've been told this at least three times by their employees. when their supervisors heard them tell me this they told them not to give me my adoption file or even to admit i was adopted. i and my husband overheard the supervisor saying this. when we confronted that woman about what she said and stated the 1964 law to her she declined to admit what she'd just done or that she had to follow that law and give me my records. we went up the ladder to talk to the highest supervisor above her. this man made us wait for over an hour and when he finally did come to talk it was to say that they didn't have a birth certificate on me in their possession. we told him we found this strange since the first woman told us they did have an adoption file on me. he said she was wrong and shouldn't have done that. she was mistaken he then said. that's when my husband spoke with him in private and told him we were not stupid that we could see that my rights were not being upheld and that the law of 1964 was being broken by them. the man refused to budge but said he'd recheck. he came back with a glass plate which had names, dates and codes on it. it was small and he said this was the supplemental index. my name appeared on this with a date of 1962 with it. the man said he had no idea what the code meant or referred to. we found this to be incredible and told him so since he was so high up in the vital records administration. the man just said he had nothing for me so i should just leave. before doing so he wanted me to know just how short of money, new equipment and help they were in that office. he asked me to please tell my elected officials this when i talked to them about this matter. to me that was a slap in the face and i told him so. he said that when they got what they needed then they'd see if they could supply me with what i'd asked for. again, a slap in the face and my husband talked to the man in private again though this time it wasn't something the supervisor enjoyed. my husband was so angry by the time he left that he had to leave quickly before he regretted it. when it comes to holding emotions he's the king of doing this. you can therefore imagine that the supervisor said some pretty mean things to him. all the while i was asking for my records in order for my doctors to have them to trace family medical history for this inherited epilepsy. i conveyed to them how important it was with the words the doctors gave me. never the less, they were not affected by this.

Old 11-05-2007, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ45 View Post
Here is a link to the Ohio Dept of Health.

Adoption - Prior

According to this site all adoption records before 1964 are now open. You can get your adoption records derectly from them.
Below is what the site says:
Section 3107.38 of the Ohio Revised Code provides that an adopted person whose birth occurred in this state and whose adoption was decreed prior to January 1, 1964, may request in writing (notarized affidavit form) and two items of identification attached to the request, may receive copies of the contents of an adoption file.
i jumped through all those hoops for years already, muliple times and could not get them to give me my adoption file. the last time i asked for it with my affadavit, they acted like i was some criminal come to steal a treasure. personally i didn't get why they were treating me this way and people in the waiting room were shocked by the way they treated me. when they told me how sorry they were for me the woman came out from behind this bullet proof glass to say if anyone talked in there they'd have to leave. there was a no talking rule in effect. as well if you look at their computerized information in their offices you have to do it by yourself regardless of handicap. this is without exception. yes, it violates laws regarding handicaps and disabilities. i told them so. the whole experience the last time was so bizarre as to seem like we were in russia. i'm not kidding in the least either. a man came out to explain to us how to use the computer and that's all. the woman came out from behind the glass and said we had to leave or she's have the guard arrest us. we weren't even in her office at that point! we told her so and said we could speak in that room as there were no rules of not talking posted there. we told her she was violating our civil rights of free speech. she said the man was a genealogist and said he could be arrested just for talking to us. we removed ourselves from that area and went outside. she protested to this but my husband assurred her there was no mistaking that this was a public sidewalk and that she'd better leave before he called the cops on her. she left and returned with a guard who refused to make us move or arrest us. this woman was just out of control. we were whispering while inside the building and the man wasn't even talking about "his" business to us nor had he told us of being a genealogist. the woman claimed he was caught doing business before in there. the man said they had never proven this of him. she shut her mouth tight and walked back to her station. i cannot imagine what in the world was going on in that office that this woman who was in charge was acting in this manner. the thought of having to go back up there to state the 1964 law to them while asking for my adoption file is so painful for me that i begin to seizure. the whole thing makes me think that nutso people are working for our government and that the government obviously does not care who it hires anymore or how they conduct themselves. this woman was about my age too which shocked me since our age were taught to be polite and courteous. i even asked her if she was having a bad day or something. the woman blew up at hearing this. my husband laughed at this being so ridiculously funny as to not be funny at all. he then asked her if she was ok since she was reacting so bizarrely towards us. this woman was yelling at us! can you imagine being confronted with such a thing from government workers??? i still have trouble trying to figure out why she was acting this way. her co-workers behind the glass seemed to be scared to death of her and were definitey scared to answer any questions unless she gave her approval for them to do so. i told them that i'm the public and they are public employees who are paid to assist the public with their requests in a reasonable manner. one of them laughed and quickly stopped while looking behind her at the woman in charge. she looked utterly scared to death of the woman. i told my husband i couldn't understand what was wrong with those people in there.

as for my younger brother and i being adopted by this family. when they came to adopt me they didn't want him. we'd become great friends in the orphanage since he would beat up the kids who beat on me. they beat on me becuase a matron told them i was evil for having epilepsy. he didn't like mean people and i could clearly see that they were not good people. my thinking was that if i said he had to be adopted too along with me he'd never say he wanted to go with them. to my dismay they offered him candy to let them adopt him and he went for it. never the less, i told them i didn't like them and chose not to go with them. the man said he could make me go with them whether i liked it or not. so, it was me that this man wanted. from what he's disclosed over the years to all of us in that house, i can say he adopted me to make me his squaw, or mom's replacement as he often told her. when i said i refused to go with them he called the matrons who made me go with them. i had no choice. i told them i wanted the boy to come with me so much that they finally did adopt him too. i think if he knew this he'd kick my behind good for me. still, i think that our being together helped us survive that house and those people. if i'd have gone there alone i can't say i would've survived.

Old 11-05-2007, 07:18 AM

Quote:

See,

ineteresting

How did you get married and get a social security card? well, the first time i married they said i had to have my parents permission to do so. otherwise i couldn't. by that time i was almost 20 years old. they said i was adopted and so i was under the permanent control of my adopted parents. yes, the woman said that. she called dad and he evidently gave her an earful and then they said it was all worked out that i should forget everything they said to me prior to that. it was very confusing but i was thinking more about getting married and starting a family of my own. the second time i wanted to marry i went to the vital records office in our county to get my b.c. you see dad had my b.c. but i was not talking to him at that time and wished to stay clear of him. the vital records office said they didn't have a b.c. for me and asked if i'd ever had one. i told them yes, i had but dad had it. they asked what color of paper it was on and i told them white. they asked if i knew why they didn't have me in their files and i told them how dad had taken my blue b.c. from their offices in 1973 during he and mom's divorce. she said he should bring it back to them. in the meantime they had me fill out a paper with the information i'd grown up with. the registrar input this on a certificate and put her stamp on it as if it was perfectly legal. i didn't even have to show any id to get this. my husband and i were set to leave for las vegas soon after and we wanted to get married there so we had to accept that this was the best we could do for the time being. i couldn't figure out what to do about it and neither could anyone else so it was left as it was. they'd said the state should have my information and sent me to them. later on when i was able to did so. once there they asked for my information. this first visit to them showed they had no records on me. i thought maybe it was because of the registrar's number not being the original or something. you cannot imagine how frustrating this has all been for me. first they don't have my information at the state level, the next time they do but the supervisor won't let me have it, then they don't the next time, the next time after that they do but again the supervisor won't let me have it according to the law of 1964, on the same visit they say they don't have anything on me, then i'm in the supplemental index for 1962 which they show me, then they say they can't imagine how they got that information since it's always sent to them with the original birth certificate or adoption file as it pertains to an individual. the belief among us all is that they have my adoption file and i supplied all the necessary and required documentation they asked for, in order for me to get this from them, but for some odd reason they chose not to disclose, they said i could not have it and told the clerk to tell me they didn't have anything on me afterall and that an adoption file was a mistake. i told them i could hear their entire conversation and repeated it word for word back to them. the woman said plainly that i wasn't to receive anything. i asked what that meant and she said it meant that they had nothing there on me. i told the woman she was lying and that i'd just heard the woman tell the first one to tell me they had nothing on me. i'd clearly heard the first one say she'd found my file and could go right to it from where she then was. she asked the supervisor why she was doing this to me. the woman replied that everyone else would want their too once it got out that i got mine. she said they didn't have the necessary equipment to do all this work if it came to that. the first woman found this to be a very stupid remark and told the woman so. she said that for many many years they didn't have office machines to do this work but that people did just fine with the old system anyway and without much delay. the woman just said if the first one didn't do as she was told her job might be at an end. we confronted the supervisor about what she'd said to the woman and gave her our business card for testimony if she needed it in the future. we both said we'd testify that the woman was fired illegally. the supervisor just said she had to go and left. the first woman said she was very sorry but she needed that job no matter how bad it was. she said she'd have helped me if she could but that she had kids to think about. i couldn't force the issue with good conscience so we left.

Old 11-05-2007, 07:22 AM

Quote:

See,

ineteresting

oddly enough i had a ss card when i was adopted. mom used it to get something when i was young. to my memory it was used at the drug store but i don't know why. later on i got an ss card since neither of my parents would admit i had one already. the first one had beth ellen miller on it. the one i was able to get had patricia ann mckinley on it. i was told that there was not a beth ellen miller in their database for this city but they could not say if there had ever been one. they said if a person was adopted their previous information is usually destroyed or deleted. this may explain where the first ss card went to.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:55 AM

143 posts, read 466,276 times
My Grandmother had epilepsy. I don't know if it was inherected or not. What is the name of the type of epilepsy you inherited? Maybe you could ask your Doctor to contact the state and get the records for you.

Old 11-06-2007, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ45 View Post
My Grandmother had epilepsy. I don't know if it was inherected or not. What is the name of the type of epilepsy you inherited? Maybe you could ask your Doctor to contact the state and get the records for you.
you might want to try and gather medical history on your grandmother's parents to see if either of them had epilepsy. then look into your grandmother's siblings health to see if they were affected by it. does any of her children have this? these are things you should be gathering ahead of time for when you may have need of them. you never know when this might happen and you'd need such information in a hurry. my son's neurologist told me that the epilepsy i and my son have was due to heredity. i got it from one of my parents, probably my mother, since it's passed from mother to daughter, usually. for it to jump to a son is unheard of and in our case we are the first known people this has happened to. as it progresses through the generations in a family it lessens by 1/2. he said my real mother would have a very bad case of it. in my case i'd have it only 1/2 as bad as she does. my son, then, has it 1/4 of mine. since it's usually women who pass this my son's offspring are generally not affected. my daughter's on the other hand, if she were to have any, would inherit the gene responsible for it. it's another thing to say whether it would manifest or not in her children. some carry the gene but have no symptoms of the disorder. so, i was born with this epilepsy and so was my son. both of us survived infantcy with it which, again, is almost unheard of. most who are born with it, die from it, or did in the late 50's when i was born. i can't say if the odds went up as time passed or not. i saw the effects of the seizures on my son at a very early age but these were called night terrors and i was told to ignore them. he'd shake all over and drool profusely, he was very pale and didn't know where he was. if you touched him he'd let out a terrified scream. his eyes were so dialated that the color was almost not even visable. light hurt his eyes. he went himself profusely, could not speak without slurring, and sounds were amplified when he heard them. it wasn't until he was 8 that i was diagnosed with it as an adult. my son's neurologist said my parents had to know i had this as i was born with it. there was no denying this he said. here's the kicker. remember that i didn't know in 1991 that i was even adopted and wouldn't know until about the year 2000. ok, my son's neurologist told me in 1991 that my son inherited it from me and i from (probably) my mother. he said my mother or the parent i got it from would have to be full-blooded native indian or near to it for my son to have inherited it from me. in other words, he said, i had to be at least half native indian myself. mom took us to the appointment and she blew up at this doctor behind closed doors. she kept repeating that dad never wanted me to know. now i know what she meant, he never wanted me to know i had been adopted. when she came out of his office she threatened to leave us before he could say anything else to me. once in the car she gave me a look that scared the daylights out of me. it looked like she'd kill me right then and there. people act in very weird ways when they are confronted with their adopted child being told by someone else that they were adopted. they feel like the child they took to raise as their own will no longer do what they say or even respect them. in my case, i lost all respect for them both long long ago as a small child. i don't say this flipantly either. this comes from experience with them. if webster's had the term "toxic people" in it the definition would show my adopted parents. it was really bad growing up in that house for all six of we kids. to date i don't know if any of them are blood related to me or whether they are blood related to the people who raised us. i do know that i'm not blood related to either of the people who raised me. as for the other kids i don't know if any of them were adopted either. they've all said they would rather that they'd been adopted than to think that their natural parents would mistreat them the way that we were. they say of me that i escaped our parents in a way that they could only hope was true of themselves. yes, it was very bad in that house. our grandma loved us and told us this often as did one of dad's sisters. if not for them i think none of us would've survived. both were god-fearing and faithful and taught us how to pray at a very early age. they shared their successes with prayer so that we'd know that we could trust in god to help us in times of need. both are gone now, but not the memory of them. what's it like to know you are adopted?? well, it's not a good feeling. it explains that empty feeling you've carried all your life like something very important is missing in your life but you can't seem to put your finger on it. i told my sister that i'd have rather have known who my parents were than to not know who my real ones are. i worry if they are still living, if i have any brothers, or other sisters, aunts or uncles, cousins. no doubt at my age, 49, my real grandparents are probably passed away. my last adopted grandma died in 1993. i, just like all other adoptees, just want to know the truth. thanks for responding to my post and god bless you.

patty
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search