U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2013, 01:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,161 times

Advertisements

Dear Londoners, I need your help,
I’m trying to find a person in London to whom I ought to say “thank you” and “sorry”.
It’s kind of romantic story… In 2006 I lived in London (I’m Russian). In August 2006 I met a guy somewhere near the Wembley central station. He worked at the Wembley stadium construction and was wearing a yellow waistcoat (those the workers wear) when we met. At first he passed by with his friends, but then he came back and said that he couldn’t walk by a girl with so wonderful smile just like that, so he decided to take a chance ))) He even paid for me at the Internet café and we exchanged our numbers. His name was Tony.
Then we met a few times. He even helped me to move to my new accommodation – a house at the Sudburry town. And then spent a day helping me to find a job. And he introduced me to his friend Gerald (I’m not sure about spelling).
He was a really good guy but at that stage of my life I couldn’t have any relationship. First time abroad, alone, away from my beloved family, in a completely different country, trying to find myself… And I was too young to explain properly what’s going on because I didn’t know myself. So I couldn’t explain, he couldn’t understand and we kind of broke up. He was really offended. I didn’t realize how deep I hurt his feelings till I got few horrible messages from him later… So now I was offended too. So we didn’t see each other anymore.
I had to make some difficult decisions back then and didn’t have time to figure this out and actually didn’t want to… In February 2007 I came back to Moscow, Russia. Suddenly he phoned me on a day of my departure (as if he felt something)… He had a girlfriend at that time and I wished him all the best. But it wasn’t a good conversation…
And now… 2013. But I still remember him and some feeling (maybe guilt) just pops up from time to time. So I decided to take a chance ))) And try to find him.
I know it’s almost impossible but there is a theory of six handshakes and may be someone on this site knows somebody who knows someone etc. who eventually knows my Tony )))
This is all information I remember about him:
Tony, British, lived in London in 2006 at his cousin or relative’s flat. Worked at the Wembley stadium construction but he wasn’t just a worker (something like supervisor). I was 25 in 2006. And he was a bit younger – 23 or 24. His surname sounded a bit Italian (I don’t remember exactly). He had a friend Gerald and he liked to play football with his friends.
And I have his old phone number. Unfortunately it seems he doesn’t use it any more. I tried it several times. But somehow it still has a voicemail and I can hear his voice. This is his number: +44 7723 347629.
What else… I’ve got a picture of Gerald if it’s helps… But not of Tony (((
And the last thing – why am I actually looking for him… I’d like to say what a wonderful person he was and even though I might be acted a bit rude or unreasonable or maybe he thought I played with him… well I didn’t, I never meant to offend him. And now I just want to apologies and explain everything if he still has some questions… I feel like I ought to… or I need to…
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search