Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 07:39 PM

9 posts, read 14,530 times

Advertisements

I am looking for my biological father. I was born in Phoenix and lived there until I was 8. My mom married my father twice and I have located those documents, with not much help from them. His mom, gramma Smeltz (sp ?) lived with us after my father left us until she moved to California. My mom remarried and I was adopted (Haynes).

I have been uncovering lies and deception by my mother. She told me it was because of me why he left. She said he didn't want me, just my sister. She also said that this man was an abusive drunk. I moved back to Arizona 3 yrs ago and I'm finding out now from family members that he was a soft spoken cowboy that dressed nice. That he loved me and my sister, however, he just wasnt ready to settle down. Was also told how he loved playing the guitar and worked at Reeves Sand and Gravel in Phoenix and at one point also drove a cattle truck. Reeves gravel pit is no longer in business.

I can't seem to find anything to help me find my father. I have questions. He is 11 yrs older than my mom so that would make him 81 or 82 today, if still alive.
I have 4 kids of my own and have been told that my oldest son looks JUST LIKE MY FATHER. I have some health issues that I cant' answer the questions from the doctors since I don't know my father.
ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED....
thank you
leslie Haynes (formerly Barker)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2017, 11:25 PM

108 posts, read 146,907 times
Hello. I'm sorry to say that I don't have any specific information about your father to offer you, but I wanted to post a reply to bump your thread, in hopes of getting other replies, and to also offer a suggestion. I was going to suggest that you do Google and Facebook searches for your father's name in (and also outside of) Arizona and see if you can find any useful results; and also do some Google and Facebook searches for Reeves Gravel Pit and see if maybe you can find someone who has posted about having worked there or known people who worked or did business there.

Here's hoping that you get some helpful information and that you find your father soon!!

Old 02-21-2017, 09:33 AM

1,292 posts, read 3,456,086 times
One avenue you can try is to search the Maricopa County Recorder's Office online archive of recorded documents at https://recorder.maricopa.gov/recdocdata/. There were/are a lot of William Barkers in town over the years so you will have to do some digging. I did a quick search of AZ Republic obituaries for the name and there were several deceased men with that name but none that match up with his age. He could, of course, have moved out of state.

Old 02-21-2017, 09:54 AM

555 posts, read 855,979 times
CD has a forum for this:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/people-search/

Old 02-21-2017, 10:26 AM

164 posts, read 181,511 times
Try the social security death index. There are several different links if you Google it. Ancestry.com is another resource. If your mom married him twice, you'd think there would be some marriage or divorce records. What became of grandma Smeltzer? Check recorded documents online to see transactions for the gravel pit business. There may be heirs to that company. Hire a private detective. I'm not sure that locating him will solve any health issues you have.

Old 02-21-2017, 11:37 AM

164 posts, read 181,511 times
There are recorded documents at Maricopa.gov for Reeves Sand and Rock, its owners LeRoy and Thelma Reeves and their attorney. Maybe this would lead to employment records or the AZ. department of revenue. The articles of incorporation are recorded and lots of mechanic's liens are online.

Have you discussed this with your sister? Since she was the wanted one she may have gotten a birthday card or two over the years.

Old 02-21-2017, 10:48 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,123,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azcowgirl40 View Post
I am looking for my biological father. I was born in Phoenix and lived there until I was 8. My mom married my father twice and I have located those documents, with not much help from them. His mom, gramma Smeltz (sp ?) lived with us after my father left us until she moved to California. My mom remarried and I was adopted (Haynes).

I have been uncovering lies and deception by my mother. She told me it was because of me why he left. She said he didn't want me, just my sister. She also said that this man was an abusive drunk. I moved back to Arizona 3 yrs ago and I'm finding out now from family members that he was a soft spoken cowboy that dressed nice. That he loved me and my sister, however, he just wasnt ready to settle down. Was also told how he loved playing the guitar and worked at Reeves Sand and Gravel in Phoenix and at one point also drove a cattle truck. Reeves gravel pit is no longer in business.

I can't seem to find anything to help me find my father. I have questions. He is 11 yrs older than my mom so that would make him 81 or 82 today, if still alive.
I have 4 kids of my own and have been told that my oldest son looks JUST LIKE MY FATHER. I have some health issues that I cant' answer the questions from the doctors since I don't know my father.
ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED....
thank you
leslie Haynes (formerly Barker)
We can try to help if you give us some more information. What you have posted is not helpful at all to do a search. Your mother's maiden name, dates they got married, where they got married, where they resided. Grandma Smeltz was his mother? Where does the name Smeltz come from is his last name is Barker?

When were you legally adopted by Mr. Haynes, date please? Is there any paperwork that you have access to about the adoption? Did your father sign away his rights?

It's interesting, all of a sudden, people have answers for you abouty our father, but no one knows where he may be, dead of alive??

Please give all the deatils you have. Withholding information doesn't help us help you. There are people on this forum that are very giving of their time and resources, but you have to help us to help you.

Old 03-07-2017, 02:45 PM

Thank you so much for the response. I am going to try your suggestion again and see if maybe I can come up with something different. If you have any other suggestions I would love to hear them.

Old 03-07-2017, 02:50 PM

Thank you for the suggestion. I am getting ready to search that site. Any other suggestions is appreciated.

Old 03-07-2017, 03:34 PM

Eldemila,

I am just recently finding everything out. I believe my parents divorced in 1976. I have only been able to find 1 marriage certificate from Vegas. All I was ever told was he was an abusive drunk, which now I am finding out isn't the case. My mother informed me year and a half ago that he never wanted me. A part of who I am and where I came from is missing.

My mothers maiden name is Richie. As far as gramma Smeltze.....your guess is as good as mine. I just started remembering her face a year or so ago and asked my mom. She said that was his mother and she lived with us until she moved to family in California. I don't know if that's her married name or where that came from.

My dad adopted me, I believe, in 1983. Either in Arizona or Alaska. I'm assuming Alaska since he was military and we couldn't be shipped with him unless they were married. And I'm sure he wouldn't have adopted me before they were married. I have never seen the adoption papers. I do know that Alaska is an open adoption record state, where Arizona is not.

My mother said my biological didn't know about the adoption and that she was only supposed to run an ad in a paper in the state he lived so she put it in a small town that he never had been to, knowing he would probably never see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search