Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2013, 11:17 PM

2 posts, read 3,431 times

Advertisements

My name is Nataya. I was born December 1991 as Nataya Quitugua. When I was 7 I was put into foster care and then later adopted. For most of my life my biological mother had me under the impression that my father was a Kenneth Quitugua from Guam, but not too long ago I came in contact with this man who informed me, that was not the case. When I was three there had been a paternity test confirming that he was not my father which I also confirmed with other members of my family. My mother never told me this. Why, I do not know. Perhaps it was to save me from any hurt or confusion, or maybe she herself could not deal with the truth, but now I am left with so many questions; who is my biological father, who are my people, where do I come from? Just to name a few. While talking to Mr. Quitugau, he did say that who ever my father was he was a native of the island. Though I'd like very much to be able to just ask my mother who might be this mystery man whose blood runs through my viens, she has not spoken to me since I informed her that I knew the truth. Which is why I am writing you. I do not know if you can help me, or even wish to, but as I've always been told it does not hurt to ask. My mother's name is Shelley A. Bieu and was in Guam when she conceived me around March of 1991. She was a short Caucasian woman no more then 5'3'' with thick dark hair, brown eyes, and freckles. At the time she would have been in her early 20's. I do not know where to start to look, or how. But perhaps someone there remembers my mother, she did always tell me that the locals wanted me to be born there rather then in the states. I know that a long time has passed, over 21 years in fact and people's lives have changed, people have moved and started new lives for themselves. I do not wish to cause problems for anyone, mess up relationships or anything else over something that happened so long ago. Nor am I looking for child-support, money, or even someone do be my "daddy," I'd really just like to know who I am. I never have an answer when people ask me what is my nationality. I was never able to fill out family tree's for school projects or share stories of my heritage and in a sense felt lost about my identity. My skin is darker then my mothers, my hair long, thick, and black a trait that does not run in my mother's family, and I would love to know where it came from. I believe it is very important for one to know where they come from, not just for themselves but also so that traditions, stories, and culture can be learned, taught, embraced, and passed on from generation to generation so that it is not lost in the ever fast changing world we live in now. So, to make a long story short, is there anyway you could help me find this missing piece to my life, and if not I apologize for any of your time I may have wasted.
Sincerely Yours,
Nataya Bostwick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2013, 08:35 AM

355 posts, read 714,170 times
Wishing you the best in your search Nataya. The desire to know who we are and where we come is deep within us.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:23 PM

2 posts, read 3,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unPescador View Post
Wishing you the best in your search Nataya. The desire to know who we are and where we come is deep within us.
Thank You!

Old 02-26-2018, 12:27 AM

1 posts, read 687 times
Nataya,
It's Derrick. I'm so sorry for everything that happened. I never got a chance to tell you.
Please email me @ dgm82784@gmail.com

Old 02-27-2018, 06:36 AM

23,787 posts, read 33,229,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nataya99 View Post
My name is Nataya. I was born December 1991 as Nataya Quitugua. When I was 7 I was put into foster care and then later adopted. For most of my life my biological mother had me under the impression that my father was a Kenneth Quitugua from Guam, but not too long ago I came in contact with this man who informed me, that was not the case. When I was three there had been a paternity test confirming that he was not my father which I also confirmed with other members of my family. My mother never told me this. Why, I do not know. Perhaps it was to save me from any hurt or confusion, or maybe she herself could not deal with the truth, but now I am left with so many questions; who is my biological father, who are my people, where do I come from? Just to name a few. While talking to Mr. Quitugau, he did say that who ever my father was he was a native of the island. Though I'd like very much to be able to just ask my mother who might be this mystery man whose blood runs through my viens, she has not spoken to me since I informed her that I knew the truth. Which is why I am writing you. I do not know if you can help me, or even wish to, but as I've always been told it does not hurt to ask. My mother's name is Shelley A. Bieu and was in Guam when she conceived me around March of 1991. She was a short Caucasian woman no more then 5'3'' with thick dark hair, brown eyes, and freckles. At the time she would have been in her early 20's. I do not know where to start to look, or how. But perhaps someone there remembers my mother, she did always tell me that the locals wanted me to be born there rather then in the states. I know that a long time has passed, over 21 years in fact and people's lives have changed, people have moved and started new lives for themselves. I do not wish to cause problems for anyone, mess up relationships or anything else over something that happened so long ago. Nor am I looking for child-support, money, or even someone do be my "daddy," I'd really just like to know who I am. I never have an answer when people ask me what is my nationality. I was never able to fill out family tree's for school projects or share stories of my heritage and in a sense felt lost about my identity. My skin is darker then my mothers, my hair long, thick, and black a trait that does not run in my mother's family, and I would love to know where it came from. I believe it is very important for one to know where they come from, not just for themselves but also so that traditions, stories, and culture can be learned, taught, embraced, and passed on from generation to generation so that it is not lost in the ever fast changing world we live in now. So, to make a long story short, is there anyway you could help me find this missing piece to my life, and if not I apologize for any of your time I may have wasted.
Sincerely Yours,
Nataya Bostwick
Hoping you come back. I have an idea how you feel. Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgm82784 View Post
Nataya,
It's Derrick. I'm so sorry for everything that happened. I never got a chance to tell you.
Please email me @ dgm82784@gmail.com
I found her on you tube, asked her to come back here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search