U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2013, 01:23 AM

66 posts, read 142,998 times

Advertisements

Hello. Looking for the baby girl my sister placed for adoption shortly after birth in Halifax Hospital, Daytona Beach, Fl.

She was born September 14, 1975 and weighed 9 pounds.

The adoptive parents came right to the hospital, and offered her money, which she declined.

My sister died 7 years ago, and I would like to know this child, and give her family medical and other information.

Very important to me, is that this child realizes her birth mother really did love her and want to keep her, but back then it was a difficult thing for a 21 year old away from home.

I understand this child's adoptive parents are the real parents, but in case she would like to know about her birth mother, I would love to share that, and welcome her into our family, if she would care to do that.

Thanks to anyone who might possibly help with this very little amount of information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 07:37 AM

4,133 posts, read 13,327,248 times
Did the ppl who wanted to adopt her (and offered your sister $$) adopt her or was it another couple - ?? Not clear from your post. Unclear also as to whether this was it a legal adoption thru an agency or a private adoption - ?

Old 09-03-2013, 08:02 AM

10,773 posts, read 21,396,582 times
Here are a few links to look into

CHS of FL Post Adoption Reconnections

make an entry for her Reunion Registry

Find me I'm adopted

Old 09-19-2013, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeycrisp View Post
Did the ppl who wanted to adopt her (and offered your sister $$) adopt her or was it another couple - ?? Not clear from your post. Unclear also as to whether this was it a legal adoption thru an agency or a private adoption - ?
Thank you for your response, Honeycrisp. My thought is that it was the actual new parents who came to the hospital, but I surely can be wrong about that.

I believe this was done through Catholic Charities in the Daytona area. I only wish I knew more. My sister said they were both dressed in black outfits of some sort. Not regular black street clothing. But I don't know how accurate that is, as she had a breakdown that I learned of later.

Old 09-19-2013, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Here are a few links to look into

CHS of FL Post Adoption Reconnections

make an entry for her Reunion Registry

Find me I'm adopted
Thank you for the information, Roselvr.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderingWhere View Post
Thank you for the information, Roselvr.
You're very welcome.
I have more links; I'm in the process of writing an Adoption - Reunion Tips blog. Right now it's pretty much complete; just have to tweak it; then send to a friend to look over the final copy. She may have more. She's been involved with adoption since the 70's IIRC. Going to send you what I have so far (via DM) in case your niece is signed up on one of the older out-dated sites.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:44 PM

Default Now A Very Perplexing Situation - Please Help

Thanks to Roselvr and anyone else who can help me figure this out:

My sister told us she gave birth to a boy and she named him "Matthew". So we always thought this was a boy she had. And she truly thought it was a boy.

Until after she passed, I got hold of her hospital records from someone at the hospital (a couple years ago, don't remember how I got them), and for the sex of the child, it looks like G.

Not male or M, or female or F, or boy or girl. Just what looks like a capital G.

I emailed it to a nurse who works at Halifax Hospital. She also thinks it looks like a G. She thinks my sister probably had a little girl. But since this nurse started working there in 1989 and not in the 70's when this child was born, she does not know for sure what they did back then.

I wonder if the hospital folks told my sister that she delivered a boy, instead of a girl, to further shield the child from her in the future? Did they do these things?

I would be happy to email the record to someone who would like to help me solve this. Boy or Girl? :confused

Thanks again.

Old 09-20-2013, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderingWhere View Post
Thanks to Roselvr and anyone else who can help me figure this out:

My sister told us she gave birth to a boy and she named him "Matthew". So we always thought this was a boy she had. And she truly thought it was a boy.

Until after she passed, I got hold of her hospital records from someone at the hospital (a couple years ago, don't remember how I got them), and for the sex of the child, it looks like G.

Not male or M, or female or F, or boy or girl. Just what looks like a capital G.

I emailed it to a nurse who works at Halifax Hospital. She also thinks it looks like a G. She thinks my sister probably had a little girl. But since this nurse started working there in 1989 and not in the 70's when this child was born, she does not know for sure what they did back then.

I wonder if the hospital folks told my sister that she delivered a boy, instead of a girl, to further shield the child from her in the future? Did they do these things?

I would be happy to email the record to someone who would like to help me solve this. Boy or Girl? :confused

Thanks again.
Oh yes they did; they also told the parents they were still born.
I can try to put you in touch with the friend I mentioned in my PM. I have an early appointment; when I get back; I can see what group she belongs to. Pretty sure she is at CHS of FL Post Adoption Reconnections

Old 09-20-2013, 09:57 AM

Roselvr, anything and everything is appreciated. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search