U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Old 11-12-2013, 06:59 PM
1 posts, read 1,467 times
Reputation: 11


I need to get a copy of my birth certificate. I was born in 1953 at burtonwood air force base. who do I contact?
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 07:33 PM
Location: OH>IL>CO>CT
5,225 posts, read 8,384,895 times
Reputation: 7180
Burtonwood was an RAF base in Lancashire County, England.
RAF Burtonwood - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can try the County Registrar at
Copy birth certificates - Lancashire County Council

Good Luck
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2013, 07:46 PM
41 posts, read 38,859 times
Reputation: 193
If you mean that you are a US citizen born abroad, (i.e: your parent was in the USAF and stationed at the base in England) then what you need is called a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (Form FS-240) from the Department of State.

To Replace a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (FS-240), You Must Submit:

1. A notarized written (or typed) request that includes all of the following information:
  • Full name of the child at birth
  • Any adoptive names of child
  • Child's date and place of birth
  • Any available passport information
  • Requester's mailing address
  • Contact number of the requester
  • Full name of parents
  • If known, the serial number of the FS-240
  • Signature of requester
  • Legal Guardian(s) Only: A copy of the court order granting guardianship
2. A copy of requester’s valid identification

3. A $50.00 check or money order
  • Make payable to Department of State"
  • The Department will assume no responsibility for cash lost in the mail.
4. Mail to:
Department of State
Passport Vital Records Section
1150 Passport Services PL
6th Floor
Dulles, VA 20189-1150
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2013, 10:59 PM
2,846 posts, read 4,302,571 times
Reputation: 2589
You can also check FreeBMD - Search to see if your birth is listed in UK births database.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top