U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 12:28 PM

52 posts, read 49,156 times

Advertisements

Thank you for the comment. Above is the only information I have about your great uncle... a document of 1948.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2014, 01:52 AM

Picture of Donald's wife Louise Helen Rush and the children, Donna Sue and Mary Ellen.
Attached Thumbnails
Searching for relatives of Donald Ward, Pittsburgh PA-10502324_796147447084260_6059896670382772867_n.jpg  

Old 08-23-2014, 01:14 PM

Thumbs up Picture of Donald Ward found!!!

To all the members at this forum who helped me in my search... Thank you so much!!!!I was contacted by a cousin of Donald Ward. She sent me a picture of my adoptive soldier, one of his mother Pearl May Ward and another one of Lena Loray Roupe, his grandmother who raised him. She told me lots of stories about the Ward's but... she never knew what happened to the children Donna Sue and Mary Ellen. They didn't stay with the Ward family, neither with the Wolfe family. So probably the little children were adopted by someone else after their mother, Louise Helen Rush remarried and moved to Ecorse, Michigan. That part of the story remains a mystery!
Attached Thumbnails
Searching for relatives of Donald Ward, Pittsburgh PA-donald-ward.jpg   Searching for relatives of Donald Ward, Pittsburgh PA-pearl-ward-1897-1919-.jpg   Searching for relatives of Donald Ward, Pittsburgh PA-lena-loray-roupe-ward.jpg  

Old 09-01-2014, 03:58 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,847,044 times
Mrs. Gijsbregs,
It was good to notice that you had communicated with Mr. Ward's cousin (or second cousin as it may be). Elizabeth (sister of Daisy and Pearl) Spragg's second marriage was to Mr. Smith.

I've attached some dated documents to show that back in early February and into the spring, an effort was made to reach out to the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Smith who would be Mr. Ward's cousin. I can forward to you the complete copies if you like. You did not post the name so I removed the name as you can see. A series of events were started on your behalf back in early January. If you review correspondence from late December and early January you can be reminded that we discussed efforts being done on your behalf.

As you can see Mr. Ward's cousin was reached back in the middle of March. And at the time she was very excited about the possibilities (with genealogy being one of her hobbies).

If you would like me to mail you all the genealogy materials I have on the large family structure (Ward, Wolfe, Spragg) just let me know. I can send it to you by postal mail. If the nice photos you have acquired is all you desire from your commendable adoption of Mr. Ward's grave, then good. If you might want to pursue other branches of the family tree, (specifically the Wolfe and Ward branch for which there are alot of names) then there are several names that could be leads for you to locate living persons on those parts of the family tree. One good example would be John Wolfe who was close to his brother.

When communication to and from Europe was interrupted and the materials acquired on your behalf had yet to result in a photo or contact with Mr. Ward's second cousin, they were set aside to pursue other efforts. I did not throw them away and you are welcome to have them if you like.

Last edited by howard555; 09-01-2014 at 05:26 PM..

Old 08-15-2015, 07:27 AM

Belgian woman who cares for U.S. WWII soldier's grave meets his Washington County family | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Old 08-15-2015, 07:29 AM

Belgium grave caretaker, families of WWII vets meet | Observer-Reporter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search