U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 06:59 AM

52 posts, read 49,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewdd45789 View Post
Very good work, historyfan. You've filled in the family tree very nicely.
Totally agree!!! Historyfan has clarified for me a lot in this complex family matter! Many thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 10:02 AM

10,816 posts, read 14,793,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedikte Gijsbregs View Post
Hello Howard,
I know it's a complicated situation. It is also not clear to me.
I knew about Philip Barney Rush living with the Wards. I never understood why Philip was living with the Ward family. And I never understood what Homer Renner was doing there.

Louise Helen Rush was born in 1922 in Wayensburg, Pa.
Before she married Donald Ward, she already had a daughter: Donna Sue Rush (1940, Anthony Guerrie was the biological father). I believe Louise Helen had 2 children with Donald Ward: Patricia Lou Ward (1941) and Mary Ellen Ward (1944).
I think she had 3 children with her second husband McMillan... they lived in Ecorse, but I could never get in touch with relatives.
Kind regards,
Benedikte
I was able to find a little information about the unknown Homer Renner. He was born in 1912 so when he lived in the Ward household in 1940, he was one year older than Donald. Homer was married at the time and entered the U.S. Army National Guard and he enlisted in Waynesburg. He enlisted in Feb. 1941 so he left the household a good 2.5+ years before Donald did. And he just did slip into the 1940 census since he was only there until early 1941. I'm sure there is more information to find and the search can go on.

Old 01-16-2014, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
The girls They were separated from Louise between 1945 and 1952; she had a mental breakdown. I think if an answer can be found it would probably be in Pennsylvania.
Quote:
Originally Posted by historyfan View Post
30 June 1945, Canonsburg, PA marriage record
Bride: Louisa H Ward, age 23, residence 31 E Pike St
Groom: McMillan
Ecorse, Michigan city directory
1952: McMillan, Mrs Louise residing 58 W Glenwood
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Yes, historyfan is correct. There is more:
58 West Glenwood - Ecorse, Michigan
1950: Mrs. Louise McMillian, J. W. Bohannon and wife Betty Dale Kilgore all residing at 58 W. Glenwood.
Louise address Feb. 14, 1945 was 501 S. Central Ave according to the letter she wrote to the Army.
Her address June 1945 was 31 E. Pike St from marriage records found by historyfan.
Her address Dec. 12, 1948 was 58 W. Glenwood, Ecorse, Mi. from the military document.
Her address in 1950 was 58 W. Glenwood in Ecorse, Mi. from the 1950 City Directory.

The Op posted back on pages 2 and 8, the Feb. 1945 letter from Louise Ward to the Army, and the document received from the Army dated Dec. 1948.

I have re-attatched those documents below.

Benedikte: Look closely at the military document dated Dec. 12, 1948. It says: "Donna Sue and Mary Ellen present address unknown. Last known address care Louise McMillan 58 W. Glenwood, Ecorse Mi."

Louise re-married 1945. She lived in Ecorse in Dec. 1948 (if not before) and in 1950.

Have you found evidence that Donna and Mary never left Pa. for Mi?
Yes, Mrs. White told you the daughters were taken from Louise but.....were they taken from her before she left for Michigan?

That military document implies that their last known address before Dec. 12, 1948 was Michigan.

How do you interpet that letter from the U.S. Army where it stated Donna and Mary's present and last known address?

It says their present location on Dec. 12, 1948 was not known, but their "last known address was care Louise" in Michigan.
Attached Thumbnails
Searching for relatives of Donald Ward, Pittsburgh PA-letter-20from-20john-20wolfe.jpg   Searching for relatives of Donald Ward, Pittsburgh PA-louise-address-dec-1948.jpg  

Last edited by howard555; 01-16-2014 at 12:55 PM..

Old 01-18-2014, 03:12 AM

A daughter of Louise Helen Rush (child of the third marriage to Anthony Nikonowicz), is looking for her lost siblings and she wrote:
have 6 brothers or sisters born in Pa. Two had died by 1954. The first child was Donna Sue Rush born to my mother in 1940 to Louise Rush and Anthony Guerrie. The next 5 children were believe to be to my mother Louise Rush then maried to a Donald Ward. The children were taken from my mother while she was in the hospital with a mental breakdown. When she was better the children were not returned. I do believe the Ward or Rush family may have kept these children. This all happened between 1945-1952. My mother then moved to Michigan and started a new family.
I don't have real evidence that the children Donna Sue and Mary Ellen stayed in Pennsylvania.
I also think that this daughter doesn't know her mother was married to William McMillan before she married her dad.

Old 01-18-2014, 10:30 AM

Today I got the message that Mary Ellen Ward, Donalds Daughter, died around 1994. She lived in Holbrook, Pa. and she was married to Mr. Cannon. Her grandchild is called Debbie Cannon. Is there someone who has access to archives of obituaries? Can anyone confirm this information please? I searched in the archives of Rush funeral homes inc, but I have not found it.

Old 01-18-2014, 12:40 PM

As you know Donald was born in Washington but lived in Waynesburg when he died in Europe. He had many friends and relatives in the Waynesburg area. A simple phone call was able to get this notice that appeared in the local newspaper back in Dec. 1944. There appears to be a mistake on his birth year as it says 1903. Also it says he was born near Lippencott.

I hope this is helpful to you and may be an addition to the nice website you have for Mr. Ward.

The attatchment system would not accept the entire scan it was so long, some pixel limit, so it is posted as two files.
Attached Thumbnails
Searching for relatives of Donald Ward, Pittsburgh PA-file1182size.jpg   Searching for relatives of Donald Ward, Pittsburgh PA-file1183size.jpg  

Old 01-19-2014, 03:02 AM

I want to thank you all for the offered help and advice. I appreciate that very much!!!! Moderator cut: let's please not discuss other members My only intention is to find a photo of Donald Ward or find relatives of him. Please don't send me any personal messages that have nothing to do with my search. Thank you for your understanding.
Benedikte Gijsbregs

Last edited by katzenfreund; 01-19-2014 at 09:24 AM..

Old 01-25-2014, 06:42 AM

Mary Ellen's son, James F Cannon, died around 1997. He lived in Waynesburg. He is survived by his daughter Debbie Cannon. I don't know her married name. She is the greatgranddaughter of Donald Ward. I would love to contact her. Can anyone help me please?

Old 05-31-2014, 08:18 PM

1 posts, read 503 times
Default I know who William McMillan was

I hope some of those who were in the original thread are still reading. I am related to William McMillan who married Louise (Rush) Ward. William, or Bill as he was known, was my great uncle, and lived in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania. He was the son of Emma Jane Palmer and Thomas Riddle McMillan. I found record of his marriage on FamilySearch.com. The couple must have been divorced because Bill died in Canonsburg in October 1976. I understand from extended family that they split up not long after they were married. I've never heard anything about any children.

What is the Michigan connection? How has that been substantiated?

Thanks.

Old 06-02-2014, 12:23 PM

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search